The Corroboree
Stillman

Whats the make of this trichocereus

Question

I was very fortunate to receive some very nice pieces of trichocereus from Nothinks today, Looks like there could be two different hybrids amongst the mix? I am extremely impressed with one of the pieces it has a really nice robustness to it, longer spines on the established growth and nice blue tone. I think its a hybrid of sorts was just hoping to narrow down some parentage more than anything. Any and all guess welcome and again thank you very much Nothink for being unbelievably generous.

Ok heres photos from bottom of cutting to the crown

DSCF2001-14.jpg

DSCF2002-13.jpg

DSCF2004-9.jpg

DSCF2006-7.jpg

and in its entirety

DSCF2007-5.jpg

its a beauty.

• Like 7

I'm pretty sure its a different clone but related plant unless it can slip ribs? Which I know some can, thats why I originally suspected it may have a little scop in its make up. The big piece I got has 8 ribs the side piece with the three little pups has 7 but the plants show almost identical colouring and spine pattern. At this stage from what I can tell I believe Nothink originally got three different cacti in 5 pieces 2 that look like this peruvianus pachanoi type and one that is more like the traditional pc pachanoi but a little different.

Heres a pic of the pc pachanoi its a really big piece now growing in the hot house too

DSCF2012-2.jpg

DSCF2011-7.jpg

DSCF2010-6.jpg

one of the 5 original plants did finally flower, here's a pic hope it helps with an ID

post-11606-0-82693000-1420946618_thumb.j

post-11606-0-82693000-1420946618_thumb.jpg

post-11606-0-82693000-1420946618_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

So the op pics to me look like they could be grex or wild pach... no idea.