post-11286-0-95620600-1340568017_thumb.j

2 year specimens in full sun conditions

post-11286-0-95620600-1340568017_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-95620600-1340568017_thumb.jpg

Edited by slice
  • Like 7

macrogonus or peruvianus?

look sexy as congrats!!

wonder how there peru's look like got any of those?

hopefully there not cuzco's.

noice werk

look sexy as

took the words right out of my mouth. Great job slice, they look so healthy.

what is your watering schedule? how much and how long do they get water for each day?

hey awesome specimens

Koehres seeds are awesome. They are really well priced and the germination rate is amazing and so are your plants.

Nice pics, slice! Thanks for sharing. Note how they are everything but Pachanoi. :)

The Peruvianus Seed from Köhres should be Cuzco.

Edited by Evil Genius

yesh,.. definetly not Patch,... but nice trichs for sure. I'd lean toward Cuzco.

thx everyone

these look Peruvianus to me with nice glauco coating and orange spines.

i water them in summer and spring 3x a week for 5 mins. and in winter/fall 2x a week.Im feeding them with bat guano+biogrow biobizz for nitro+sea weed (algamic) for microelements.

Iam growing Kohres labeled peruvianus and they are cuzco for sure with brutal 10+ cms spines! I will post pictures of those in august.

Kohres seed is good but so far the only accurate label has been Bridgesii.Im growing their Macro also (prabably accurate labeling judging other gardner´s experience) but mine are still too small.

• Like 1

could i get a picture of the peruvianus please, as im growing some of those know.. and would like to know what they look like mine are only a couple of cm's high..

Nice pics, slice! Thanks for sharing. Note how they are everything but Pachanoi. :)

The Peruvianus Seed from Köhres should be Cuzco.

ohhh pooo :P

• Like 1

Very nice can you tell us about your potting media. What percentage of sand is in there and how fine is the sand? Cheers!

ohhh pooo

lol yeah, they were telling me about the problems they have with some collectors who arent really capable of ID´ing the plants right. Would be happy to help them a bit in the future with their ID´s but we both have not enough time and too many things on our minds right now.

At the moment, there are not many sources for good and true Peruvianus seed around. If you ask me, you australians got better Peruvianus seed supply than Europe right now. Torsten has some kickass Peruvianus seeds lately. Probably the best in the world. Really. I love Köhres for many diffrent types of seed but some of their Trichocereus Seed is rather problematic. If they´d ask me, i could certainly help them to solve that problem but i dont think it will be possible for them to get it as cheap as they use to buy their Peruvianus seed. Good Quality seed has its price and doesnt come from Knize. :)

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Very nice can you tell us about your potting media. What percentage of sand is in there and how fine is the sand? Cheers!

HD For these guys I use regular potting soil mixed with 30-40% perlite.The top inch is 50%+50% coir so the perlite wont float around when watered.I mixed some bat guano also, I think they love the stuff...

I would not like to repot those trichs.

This spring i discarded several 1 year old seedlings of T. Peruvianus v. aricapampa.

Although they were classic style, they are not for home with those evil spines.

Now i prefer to grow Scops and Lophs.

Seems scops have all the qualities of other trichs like pachanoi. the only drawback- their seeds are rare.

• Like 1

ohhh pooo

lol yeah, they were telling me about the problems they have with some collectors who arent really capable of ID´ing the plants right. Would be happy to help them a bit in the future with their ID´s but we both have not enough time and too many things on our minds right now.

At the moment, there are not many sources for good and true Peruvianus seed around. If you ask me, you australians got better Peruvianus seed supply than Europe right now. Torsten has some kickass Peruvianus seeds lately. Probably the best in the world. Really. I love Köhres for many diffrent types of seed but some of their Trichocereus Seed is rather problematic. If they´d ask me, i could certainly help them to solve that problem but i dont think it will be possible for them to get it as cheap as they use to buy their Peruvianus seed. Good Quality seed has its price and doesnt come from Knize. :)

I got some nice Peruvianus from Julio (Icaro) And Los Gentiles from SS seems very nice also ( probably very similar ).

could i get a picture of the peruvianus please, as im growing some of those know.. and would like to know what they look like mine are only a couple of cm's high..

they are Cusco for sure, very fast growers.Here are some pics I took earlier this year, they doubled size by now... I have about 70, anyone wanting to trade? :wink:

Edited by slice
  • Like 3

HD For these guys I use regular potting soil mixed with 30-40% perlite.The top inch is 50%+50% coir so the perlite wont float around when watered.I mixed some bat guano also, I think they love the stuff...

When you say 50%+50% coir what is the other 50% ?

I would not like to repot those trichs.

This spring i discarded several 1 year old seedlings of T. Peruvianus v. aricapampa.

Although they were classic style, they are not for home with those evil spines.

Now i prefer to grow Scops and Lophs.

Seems scops have all the qualities of other trichs like pachanoi. the only drawback- their seeds are rare.

Where's your sense of adventure ?

I use BBQ tongs that I've covered in sponge and wrapped masking tape around the part that grips.

For the bigger plants with monster spines, I wrap them with cardboard and use a good pair of leather gloves.

• Like 1

Your fine results are by no accident by the looks of it. Thanks for clearing up the soil thing, had me wondering for a minute. I couldn't work out how they were able to take so much water with the peaty look of that mix. The full sun is the key to it all. Great work!

When you say 50%+50% coir what is the other 50% ?

sorry, just regular potting soil.

Indeed this is a flowless sowing and growing job from slice.

BTW, I use the same 'recipee', a good commerical potting soil with which Iam very happy mixed with perlite, I think I am putting some 20% -25 % though for trichos, probably I am in a hotter place and need less drainage?

I also add plain soil on top eventually, because the light perlite eventually surfaces and you got too much perlite on top - as slice says - and you need to change this with trichos loving to make surface roots

I am baffled that people search so much on potting medium for trichocerei.

I use the same same potting soil for all my plants - I vary the perlite percentage, watering schedule, light and heat to grow them

PS: trichocerei love the cheapest NPK 20-20-20 water soluble fert every 15 days during the growing period, IMO there's no need for expensive juices/powders if you're not eating the resulting vegetable, I think...

but I would love to see one getting the 'chemical' cheap fert and the other getting organic high quality fert like bat and horse shit, and see the difference...

thought I'd bump this slice, any updates on the pach / peru/ I like the looks of these.

here they are

post-11286-0-01887600-1346786623_thumb.j

post-11286-0-01887600-1346786623_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-01887600-1346786623_thumb.jpg

Edited by slice
  • Like 2

first row of first pic are something else (icaros)

post-11286-0-07510800-1346787905_thumb.j

post-11286-0-07510800-1346787905_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-07510800-1346787905_thumb.jpg

Edited by slice
  • Like 5

plants are in 7ltr pots,22 cm wide.

post-11286-0-65190600-1346792574_thumb.j

post-11286-0-65190600-1346792574_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-65190600-1346792574_thumb.jpg

Edited by slice
  • Like 5

any remarks on the id´s, peruvianoid etc…?