Albino and variegated traits in Trichocereus seedlings

I got one seedling at the moment been grafted for 4 weeks that is pure red

• Like 1

^^ I hope your taking photos mate :lol:

Beautiful plants guys that pure white is amazing jox

• Like 1

this little red one came from a lumberjack cross too.Off Zelly

• Like 1

I have a few heavily varigated lobivia hybrids, they are almost white in places others are turning pink. I think when they get that pink red its because of anthocyanin pigments being dominant over any functional chloroplasts. How old was that little white one before you grafted it? it looks like it slacking in all pigmentation pretty cool.

• Like 1

How old was that little white one before you grafted it? it looks like it slacking in all pigmentation pretty cool.

Hey mate, it was 13 days old when I did the graft. I think your right about it have no pigmentation at all (a true albino), I can not find many photos of pure white cacti (worldwide) & am starting to think this is a very rare plant! I would be happy to send you some photos for your uni project :lol:, PM me your number so I can take some good photos & message them to your phone.

Cheers

Jox

• Like 1

NEVER seen one like that. And i´ve seen a lot. You absolutely have to propagate this one Jox! Im sure this is one of the Plants that would go for crazy money on ebay! Mass Produce it and make sure it gets into cultivation. Its beautiful.

• Like 2

NEVER seen one like that. And i´ve seen a lot. You absolutely have to propagate this one Jox! Im sure this is one of the Plants that would go for crazy money on ebay! Mass Produce it and make sure it gets into cultivation. Its beautiful.

WOW!!

For you to say this EG has made me feel very proud :lol: & nervous at the same time. I would love to propagate this & share it around with my friends here but I am unsure when would be the best time to BAP it, I was thinking I should leave it until it gets a bit bigger. If anyone has got advise on propagating this please let me know.

Cheers

Jox

I have no idea how I missed this thread,

I love both the yellow and white cactus :) well done boys!!

I have a few 'odd' looking ones I have to graft soon, if it's okay, I will post some photo's here if the grafts are successful...

:worship:

• Like 1

let it get bigger before you bap it

Just asking, is there a reason that you cannot BAP at an earlier age?

I agree wait till it gets a bit bigger before you BAP it

You should be proud jox that's an amazing little plant you got there and is definately EXTREMELY rare

And very possibly the only one of its kind on the planet

Be proud mate :)

Edited by myco
  • Like 1

the only other pure white cactus I have seen, was over at the shroomery. It was a grafted loph pure white from seed, he propagated a few pups, had a little army from memory, then before he spread it around the law enforcment men removed them from his possession. So I am pretty sure those genetics don't exist anymore. I'm sure some1 could did up the thread without too much hassle.

the only other pure white cactus I have seen, was over at the shroomery. It was a grafted loph pure white from seed, he propagated a few pups, had a little army from memory, then before he spread it around the law enforcment men removed them from his possession. So I am pretty sure those genetics don't exist anymore. I'm sure some1 could did up the thread without too much hassle.

I remember that plant... but I thought he got it back after the legal issues passed... may have just been wishful thinking on my part?

Only a fool would bap this plant. A one-of-a-kind is far more valuable than two or more of a kind.

If it wants to pup, let it do so on its own accord.

btw, who's to say its twin isn't among the seeds I still have of this particular cross? :wink:

• Like 2

I murdered 3 or 4 white ones from Zelly's LJ crosses.. at least 1 or 2 were in my first ValidusxLJ sew and then 2 or 3 more were LJxJG... I mean they were tiny, but they were solid white, quite exactly like the earlier pics of that one... I was fraid to graft before I could see spines and im pretty sure I waited too long, but its okay just makes the survivors more special I suppose .... With the last bunch I had a date picked, and a day or two before that day arrived they just shriveled... only one was sorta questionably white, maybe yellowish... on my first two that I grafted, I had overwaterd the stock and the runnyness just caused them to float off... those were some hard grafting lessons that have made me the grafter I am today ... lol

so maybe they are rare but quite common in with LJ crosses and Zelly's been saying that and I've mentioned it before on here too but im chopped liver lol... What is rare, is to see one that actually 'took' and grew up so beautifully! So Kudos to Jox thats fricking awesome

Meanwhile, here is a pink Werdermannianus graft I just did,,, I don't have all my hopes up on this one as it wasn't the healthiest, and there were some other pinkish ones that turned green but this one didn't wanna grow so fast and stayed pink tipped so I finally grafted after several months... didn't even realize he was a little dehydrated but the graft looks okay after several days now...

post-11432-0-33564400-1375799691_thumb.j post-11432-0-99550700-1375800388_thumb.j

post-11432-0-33564400-1375799691_thumb.jpg

post-11432-0-99550700-1375800388_thumb.jpg

post-11432-0-33564400-1375799691_thumb.jpg

post-11432-0-99550700-1375800388_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spine Collector
  • Like 1

I got two of zelly's albino LJ grafted one is pink one looks white so far but not as white as that one Jox.

I have a heap of Lobivia that are albino but I don't have time to graft them unfortunately.

What can I say WOW that's such a crazy beautiful thing jox

The pure white is amazing

Absolutely love it I would pay some big $ for that thing haha

I don't know how you would even price such a rare plant mate

• Like 1

Don't really know what im looking for but there are definitely lighter coloured ones in the validus, spachianus crosses.. Is this anything to get excited about? Sorry poor photo qualitypost-11944-0-87003000-1392347303_thumb.j

post-11944-0-06787400-1392347339_thumb.j

post-11944-0-87003000-1392347303_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-06787400-1392347339_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-87003000-1392347303_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-06787400-1392347339_thumb.jpg

DSCF2008_zpse8629ff9.jpg

I know this will make me sound like a dumbass but what does the pink mean? Lacking too much what or what ever? Can't wait to see updates in the future :)