The Corroboree
LadySwan

importing mimosa hostilis

Hello LadySwan.

It's very illegal, no matter what the vendor or anyone else tells you. If caught, you risk gaol time. Don't do it!

Have a search around. There are plenty of discussions on this topic, many with the exact same title as yours.

Be safe!

Ditto. Don't risk it LadySwan. People do and quite often they are lucky and the parcel slips through, or isn't recognised for what it is. But that doesn't mean that it is not illegal and could land you in a lot of trouble if it is intercepted by the wrong person and you are brought before the wrong magistrate.

Not at all work the risk when there is such an abundance of plants already in Australia that you could source locally and grow yourself, that are just as beautiful (if not more so) than Mimosa sp.

Plenty of info here about what is and isn't allowed to be imported. Check out the pinned threads (the top ones) in the Legal forum, there are links to the relevant legislation.

Has anyone ever had there packages confiscated by customs ?

Is the Root Bark illegal? Or is it the what people plan on doing with it thats illegal?

I ask because its an amazing natural purple dye and i dont think its illegal to be dying Tshirts.

Edited by DreamTimeBliss

I know you probably don't want to have to grow your own stuff because otherwise you'd just buy mimosa hostilis seeds which are legal. However unfortunately, at least as far as I am aware, there is no product you can buy in Australia which you could extract from straight away and even then that is highly illegal if you were to do so anyway. You can find active acacia tubestock for very cheap if you know what species you are after though. You will still have to grow them but they are easier to find plus they're already established.

I agree with most of the posts above - it's illegal to import and it's illegal to possess.

Hi guys

thanks for your inputs, I guess it is not worth of trying, even though it is great natural dye ;)

• Like 1

i notice the yanks pay $100 to $200 for a cane toad

from what i have seen so far the richest/easiest dmt to be found

we all know how many cane toads are in oz

• Like 3

there are 2 types of DMT and the toad has the gooooood one

• Like 1

how can I sell cantoades to yankies? I usually catch them, freeze them and then dispose. :)

• Like 1

The cane toad in australia is the species Bufo Marinus and its toxin contains bufotenin, which is 5-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, but also a number of other compounds that are probably very toxic. Also bufotenin is not generally considered a pleasant experience. This species is often confused with 5-MeO-DMT containing Bufo Alvarius from the Sonaron Desert in the South West US, whose venom can be collected and dried to form a paste with about 30% 5-MeO-DMT and other alkaloids.

From an erowid page:

"There’s even a story going around that people were using bufo marinus, a common, giant toad native to Costa Rico, that was imported into both Hawaii and Australia as an attempted control on the sugar cane beetle. The “cane toad” is very common in a lot of places, and I know a lot of people who have extracted samples of their venom, and found that it’s inactive. It doesn’t do anything. Eating it’ll make you sicker than a dog, but smoking it does nothing. But the story persists. There is an American native toad, bufo alvarius, called the Colorado River Toad, which indeed has a strong DMT-like venom, which can be smoked." Bear Owsley in an interview with Bruce Eisner on May 17, 1998.

so probably not a good idea to start up a bufo marinus export business just yet...

• Like 4

Hi kalica

gee glad you knew that, save me chasing frogs and bufotenin

so they imported the wrong frog eh eh

so the DMT could be extracted?

Thanks

Pete

Cane Toads ( Bufo marinus) contain no 5-MeO-DMT.

The poisons contained in B. marinus could KILL you!!

Toads are not frogs.

In australia the purpose of the import makes no difference to legality. Just think about it: if you were to mix heroin into shampoo would that make it legal to import or possess? ............ exactly!

Just think about it: if you were to mix heroin into shampoo would that make it legal to import or possess? ............ exactly!

Why didn't I think of that before, you are a genius!

Why didn't I think of that before, you are a genius!

I'm sure I read an article about someone trying this before and getting busted. Might have been a TV show, I don't remember.

Boarder security at0m :) Customs is onto everything. Plus when they weigh up the heroin, theyll include the weight of the shampoo and sting you for the following weight. Dont fuck with them! Only thing i try to sneak through is various seeds

Possibly, Alice. I have no idea to be honest. It was quite awhile ago.

i totally disagree with what everyone is saying.

please show me in the law that says mimosa hostilis IS ILLEGAL ???

In the customs act it says that DMT and anything containing DMT is illegal. This law has been upheld for decades in court, so your disagreeing means very little.

• Like 1

In the customs act it says that DMT and anything containing DMT is illegal. This law has been upheld for decades in court, so your disagreeing means very little.

my disagreeing means alot.

you say customs act... ACT .... what makes you think this ACT is even legal ?

Under common law this ACT is illegal and unconstitutional like most drug acts.

is someone being harmed ? is something being damaged ?

if any ACT or STATUE conflicts with the commonwealth then it is invalid and the high court says so.

ask any sovereign , they do not recognize any of the 600 illegal laws , acts and statues here in Australia because they are unconstitutional and illegal.

Plus as a sovereign those laws do not apply to them and again perfectly legal.

the drugs ACT fall under maritime admiralty law , law of the sea.

do i look like a product of the sea ?

All fun and games until some kids goes and orders a tonne of MHRB because the knowledgeable fellow on the internet said it was ok...

If we're all about the facts here, perhaps you should suggest how much in legal fees one would have to shell out to take this to the level of being dismissed as an "illegal law" and therefore not applicable to you, me and anyone else who earns less than $1 M a year and can't afford a criminal record.

• Like 6

This forum is about real world application of law. if you show me a case where the defendant won on the basis of what you are sayign then I am willing to entertain your concept. otherwise your comments will be deleted because they are dangerous and misleading. I know it has been a wile, but here is the periodic warning that any members trolling legal threads with theoretical freeman and constitutional concepts will be barred from this subforum. You have a couple of threads to discuss this in, so keep it out of the ones where it might cause serious damage to individuals. Even if your concept was valid, most individuals here do nto have the $100,000 or so that is needed to start a high court challenge.

as for your comment that the constitution overrides the state acts, I think you need to look again. the constitution only overrides federal and territory law. State law is not affected in most cases. That's why constitutional challnges about state drug law do not get heard.

• Like 4