The Corroboree
omsource

Indoor Oyster Kits

Thought some peeps might be interested here.

Just put the finishing touches on our gourmet Oyster Mushroom Kit and they are ready to grow!

They are guaranteed to grow so it's a good way to get into the art of edible mushroom growing.

They sell for $22 plus $8 shipping- At the moment I can't send them to WA, QLD or TAS but we're working on that!

Check out the attachment and lemme know what you guys think!

OmSource

post-7450-0-18242500-1338615354_thumb.jp

post-7450-0-18242500-1338615354_thumb.jpg

post-7450-0-18242500-1338615354_thumb.jpg

Edited by omsource
  • Like 5

As far as I can tell, there's no attachment :scratchhead:

There it is!

Edited by at0m

As far as I can tell, there's no attachment :scratchhead:

My bad, check it now :blink:

Nice one mate, very professional. Great to see people putting their skills into action and getting mushroom growing out into the public eye. Damned good price too! Well done.

Wow, beautiful! Something I've always wanted to do but was too lazy. Now, get it into bunnings and hire me to help you keep up with the orders... :P

• Like 1

Looks good omsource, nice work.

thanks crew!

just did a market the other day, the number one question was....wait for it...

"are these ones edible?"

hilarious!

Nice work! I've been playing at similar ideas but mine haven't quite got off the ground yet. Good to see someone beat me to it :)

Nice, slick packaging and a well designed, simple, uncluttered advertisement. All the best with this venture.

So I'm assuming it's a grow-in-the box concept like the lined Agaricus kits? Do you just peel off the label and add water?

Thanks for the feedback! heaps of energy has gone into it!

So I'm assuming it's a grow-in-the box concept like the lined Agaricus kits? Do you just peel off the label and add water?

Yup remove the tab, cut into the substrate bag and mist it a couple times a day. I'm just getting some shots of one in action later this week. I'll post them then :)

You're a fungus growing machine, Omsource. Heaps of energy would be an understatement.

• Like 2

just trying to reach the bar you set bud :wink:

You're far beyond it mate, but cheers for the compliment.

Wish I didn't part with my flowhood before I even got a chance to use the damned thing. One day I'll get back into it. It's now a part of me that I'll never be able to drop for good.

Good stuff.

These 2 young guys in the US did a similar thing and now turnover more than a million a year:

http://abclocal.go.c...reen&id=7102040

http://en.wikipedia....i/BTTR_Ventures

People pay them to pick up their coffee grounds > innoc > pack > ship > buy > ? > profit $$$

Yup they're a big influence, especially the coffee ground angle. I've been fine tuning that substrate and have a few good insights into making it work!

I'm sorry, this is a n00b question, but why aren't you able to send to QLD? I would buy the crap out of this.

just waiting on quarantine permits etc...not so much the mushroom mycelium and more the straw.

I reckon within the month we'll have the go-ahead!

• Like 1

omsource, I also did some experiments with coffee grounds and found it quite difficult - any tricks to share?

yup, coffee grounds are definitely much harder than most substrates, seem to contaminate immediately in most cases.

Best insight in using the used coffee grounds would be to inoculate them within 24hours...the fresher the better.

Got a few more ideas incubating on the shelf but won't know for a few weeks :huh:

You still working with that little FP flowhood?

And is this a one man show or have you got a team of workers at your disposal?

I found coffee ground good when I used them, but never did straight ground, always just added as a supplement.

Damn dude, legendary effort. i am so impressed.

I have been busy sharing spawn helping others get into it, but damn it i should be selling it.

And yes, coffee grounds really seem to be a pain to use.

yup, coffee grounds are definitely much harder than most substrates, seem to contaminate immediately in most cases.

Best insight in using the used coffee grounds would be to inoculate them within 24hours...the fresher the better.

My experiments with coffee grounds came to naught, as like you say they seem to contaminate straight away, but i just dont drink enough coffee to get a decent amount of grounds happening in one go. I wonder if freezing would help.

Anyway, good to see someone making a go of it. im very jealous.

Cheers, Ob.

I really love that you've put in the hard work to get appropriate packaging and graphic design. It's not a backyard operation (well it might be to fill them) but you've made it look like a fantastic product that people would happily put on their kitchen winsow sill. I guess it has a bit of a similar look and feel to the BTTR product.

Well done on the whole endeavour and i hope it works out profitably for you Om, keep up the great work.

Excellent work, man. Do you know the Milkwood people? Send them a sample and they'll give you a plug, for sure. They have a huge following. In fact, I think our very own Worowa does some cultivation classes with them.

The other great thing about this is that it's got Tripsis posting again!

Great work Bro

How will you be selling them?, by the looks of it your going for more than just markets?

Is your sub a closely guarded formula or can you share?

"are these ones edible?"

I find that intriguing?, as oposed to ornamental? or ...? , I would have thought oysters would have a bit of a rep as a choice edible?, you might have some marketing to do...

All the best with your endeavours Bro, keep it up

Excellent work, man. Do you know the Milkwood people? Send them a sample and they'll give you a plug, for sure. They have a huge following. In fact, I think our very own Worowa does some cultivation classes with them.

The other great thing about this is that it's got Tripsis posting again!

Good idea! I'll get in touch with them pronto!

Hopefully we can trick Tripsis back into growing again :wink:

Great work Bro

How will you be selling them?, by the looks of it your going for more than just markets?

Is your sub a closely guarded formula or can you share?

All the best with your endeavours Bro, keep it up

Going to be selling them through nurseries, online, markets...pretty much any way I can!

The sub is shredded wheat straw, probably the most reliable sub I've come across....I'm working on other substrates ATM.

Thanks for the encouragement it's muchly appreciated!