The Corroboree
theuserformallyknownasd00d

the Bad Day thread

so we've all had them, terrible terrible days at work, or wherever you've been... feel free to have a gripe in here maybe, people dont have to read if they consider it whingey :-P

Today was possibly one of my worst in recent times... so one of the guys i manage at work, who i am good friends with, was busted calling his schmoko man on his lunch break in the luncheon room at work. Anyways, one manager ran straight up to another one and before you know it its snowballed into this horrific incident and then there is regional managers and HR on the phone all profiling the incident.

he was held in the office at this point and heavily questioned regarding what the phonecall was about etc, and before you know it truth came out, he admitted to hookin up the devil weed for after work. Only it was mentioned ME and him were going to get it after work... then I'm called in, questioned and sent out. I pretty much vouched for him and said "if he's on his lunch then who's it hurt and why does it matter?". Shortly I was called back into the office and issued a first and last warning regarding the matter, as it was alleged he was calling on my behalf!? They then told me the other guy had been terminated on the spot, as they also had an sms sent off another managers phone, that he sent a few days earlier asking about getting on after work... (which the manager let him use the phone!?)

My mind is still blown, and I am so angry. Stupid asskissin' manager motherfuckers just ruined a guys life, made mine hell for a while, and all for nothing that harmed them, its retail FFS! Ah well it felt better getting it off my chest at least. Thanks for listening and post in here when you have a terrible day :-)

D00d

• Like 1

damn, sorry to hear that. was he using his own phone?

yeah that sucks, but it's not really very clever to make it so obvious if you're calling in public, or anywhere.

a friend ov mine (back in the day before mobile phones) used to put "Assume this phone is bugged" stickers on any phone he came across.

Of course i'm assuming he was obvious, otherwise how did management figure out what the call was about?

still sucks though.

I've had a really shit week so far not looking to improve, the old saw is that hearing other people's worse news makes you feel better about your own but I disagree.

Silly bugger your mate being so obvious though

While on one level, yes, another part of me is so pissed off that secretive behaviour is necessary for something so... innocuous, non-aggressive and reasonable, that I just want to go up to the guys who sacked your mate and scream.

The conclusion I come to, time after time after time, is that our species is not as highly evolved as we think we are.

Why did he admit to it ?

He should have kept his fucking mouth shut, and the most they could have done was given him a warning. All this happened in the lunch room on his lunch break, what right do they have to be snooping around in there anyway.

Places I've worked the boys would have downed tools and walked over such an incident and he would have kept his job. When you don't have a union with balls - you get fucked up the arse.

I would been pissed off over being implicated myself and getting a warning over hearsay.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Im feeling almost everything you've all said and thought about everything you said before I posted. I guess when you got intimidating kents up in your grill saying youll only make it worse for everyone, you'd cave if you weren't strong in that dept.

I didn't post that after i signed my warning I went on to accuse them of not adhering to workplace regulations regarding rostering and sick leave, he told me to leave calling me antagonising, LOL. I had an rdo today, tommorrow will be interesting... I made sure to tell most staff members our story well before mgt had a chance to tell theirs.

D00d

Why did he admit to it ?

He should have kept his fucking mouth shut,

That's exactly what I think. This guy's obviously a major dickhead, or he's retarded. Firstly to have such open discussions at his workplace then to implicate our friend the d00d when the heat is on.

Tell that fucking dog to shoo, he'll only be a liability again down the track, and will hang you out to dry, given the chance.

• Like 1

Yeah like psylo said, pretty dog act bringing you into the shit aswell d00d

Don't get me started about work!

I'm sorry you were put in that situation, even worse is you considered the guy a friend.

Like Psylo Dread said tell him to get F'ed and your life should be a fair bit easier, the only problem is the rumor has already done a fair bit of damage to your reputation with the powers that be and it could be a fair while before they fully trust you again.

I made the mistake of getting the flu and taking yesterday off... Today my teamleader came up to my desk to tell me that our general manager is sick of part-timers taking so many sick days that from next week, any part-timer that takes a sick day will have their employment "reassessed" (I've had 7 sick days in the past 11 months so that's totally justified). As an added kick in the teeth the general manager "forgot" to put in my sick pay for yesterday even though I called her directly to let her know I wasn't going to be in, so I'm down nearly $200 until it's fixed "at some point next week"... As I was leaving though I gave her a kiss on the cheek and wished her well for the weekend then coughed into my hand and bludged a cigarette from her pack making sure to touch every single one of them. I look forward to not seeing her on Monday :devil:

• Like 1

Yeah I'm just putting it down to his age and in experience, he won't be so silly again, one could only wish anyways. I've still got a job and holding no grudges against him, just a shaken head whenever I think of it.

Haha that's the way to play brother, my true stategy moving forward :)

D00d

• Like 1

True. Gotta keep ur work and social life VERY separate. Being known as a stoner doesn't help ur job at all. Even if something breaks an it's not ur fault or u fuk something up, u will always be the "stoner" who is the cause of the problem.

Tell noone, it's none of their business anyway.

But above all, don't mention drugs or take drugs into your workplace.

Hope ur mate (and you) have learned ur lesson !

( I had to learn it Around ten times b4 the penny drops)

At my work, I'm the straightest guy there, just ask my boss ;)

One must learn to fly incognito, if one is going to reliably place food on the table.

Edit- I wouldn't be to friendly toward your so called mate for dogging u, though I guess learn from that experience.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 2

Definatly Incog, I'd already learned that lesson myself, I spose its good to get a rehash each now and then?! And yeah everyone, he won't be hanging with me anywhere near what we were that's for sure!

Yah mun I have to bite my toungue hard every time I hear some young trout at work horrifically misrepresenting and giving absolute false, made up, and stupid advice regarding psychadelic substances (mainly shrooms, dmt and ganja)

As I know as soon as I out myself it's a slow career death for me. And fuk finding another job, unless I can convince sethomopod to hire me ;)

However before I get flack for "bowing down to the man" I am surrounded by special plants which I partake in and spread the love near and far.

I think having a good hard work ethic makes u no worse than the mystical psychadelic hipster.

The old school- honest days work for an honest days pay, is a part of our culture that is rapidly disappearing. I personally think for the worse.

The old Aussie culture of "have a go" and "she'll be right" is dying if not dead. I could whine about it for hours but yeah aus ain't looking to flash. It's a cultural wasteland, which probably isn't a bad thing either. Need sleep zzzZzZ

Edited by incognito

Today was on par with the day I was told that I'm paralysed; I had to put my beautiful cat down. She started getting sick on the Easter long weekend. Eventually losing the use of her back legs. Starting her on steroids helped her enough that she could use her legs just enough to get around while we tried to find out what was wrong with her. A week and a half ago I was told its terminal lymphoma. She was only nine. The steroids were helping her less and less and chemo just wasn't an option for her peace of mind. She knew what was going on and we had some really special moments together; made more wonderful in that I could truly savour the time in her company. I saved her from the RSPCA; she saved me from suicide multiple times. We were a part of each other.

RIP

Midge

IMG_0721.jpg

that's really sad... what a beautiful looking cat. better not tell fairy or she might cry.

sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, FancyPants.

sorry to hear about your cat FP.

it's amazing how these furry little critters work their way into our hearts.

We had one for 16 years before a tumor finished her off 18 months ago.

We always said we'd go on holiday when she died.

And that was how we came to be in Nepal....

I was actually in tears no more than a few hours ago after consoling a friend who just lost her dog of 13years. I am so sorry to hear about your loss fancy pants, its such a distressing time but I am positive you will grow mate and even brighter days will be opon you aslong as you stay positive and remember the good times. Take it easy pal, see you on the sunny side

D00d

Thanks for the thoughts guys :)

Nabraxas, that just breaks my heart :( Have you thought about rescuing another furry friend? I got a kitten from the RSPCA just before I broke up with my boyfriend and it's wonderful to have another little face looking at you with intelligence and joy. They might not replace a human partner but they love you unconditionally.

i've thought about getting a rescued cat/kitten, but at the moment i'm not sure if i'm going to stay here or head overseas.