The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Nemisty

Odd seedling?

So I sowed a few seeds recently. Amoungst the pachanoi there was this fella that refuses to produce chlorophyll and turn green. It just stays white and has pinked up with the light, its about a week old now. Is this a common occurence? Did I produce a homosexual seedling and a flamboyant one of that?

IMG_8092.jpg

A lot my my seedlings do this when the environment is dry and not ample... Keep misting them, making sure they stay warm and you'll have no issues... It's a bit to young to make guesses on its final color/varigation imho...

D00d

what DooD said, but ill add, that if it is variegated, then it probably needs to be grafted if it is to survive....if at the month stage it is still white,......graft that little sucker onto some pere

• Like 1

Like 2Deep already mentioned. It has a birth defect as the seedling cant produce chlorophyll on its own so it needs to be grafted or it will die a slow death. Some variegates are able to produce SOME chlorophyll but i dont think this is one of them. Graft it. No biggie if it dies. At least you tried. If it survives, you have a showroomplant one day.

good advice,has anyone got any pics of a mature white/variegated trich....? it would always have to be regraphted onto larger stock,and never on its own roots,so i imagine it couldn't get huge?..but that would be something!!

I am with EG and 2Deep on grafting get the blade out and chop it

good advice,has anyone got any pics of a mature white/variegated trich....? it would always have to be regraphted onto larger stock,and never on its own roots,so i imagine it couldn't get huge?..but that would be something!!

I am sure Zelly will post something that will blow you away :)

Cheers

Got

"good advice,has anyone got any pics of a mature white/variegated trich....? it would always have to be regraphted onto larger stock,and never on its own roots,so i imagine it couldn't get huge?..but that would be something!!"

Here's one i have, its going quite well on its own roots, not sure whether it was grafted originally

post-5976-0-28616900-1336946319_thumb.jp

post-5976-0-28616900-1336946319_thumb.jpg

post-5976-0-28616900-1336946319_thumb.jpg

I should read the whole post .

It said "mature white/variegated trich" and I was thinking loph :slap:

It still wouldn't surprise me If Zelly had one :)

Nice plant Zahsone is that the one that was sold on ebay a while ago?

Cheers

Got

Hey Got

Its from the same place- collectors corner

Seems to be quite a quick grower too

Chers