The Corroboree
Shroomeup

Sub Heaven

awesome, impressive, but 'luck' has nothing to do with it, I think...

hey do subs eat eucalyptus leaves???

love it when you got that season over there, cause I know I will see splendid photos!

Edited by mutant

love it when you got that season over there, cause I know I will see splendid photos!

I think that's Lord Mayonnaise's cue .

• Like 1

That's epic mate!

Wow. has someone put some work into that? There were some patchs at a university I wont mention (although the secret is well and truly out) and a dude isolated and tried to improve the strain. he established some amazing patchs back in the early 2000s but they got ransacked in the end. Either way great find and pics.

Nah mate, as far as I know this little patch popped up all of its own accord. Last year they were bigger mushrooms and larger clusters. I think theyve already chewed up alot of the nutes in that mulch.

I'll see if I can get more pics of the next flush.

Thanks everyone for the kind words but I cant take any credit for the growth of this patch.

Cheers,

Edited by Shroomeup

DANG!

Cheers fellas, yeah this is only a few parts of the patch. Theres another part of it with thousdands of shriveled up dead subs that would have been even more impressive.

None of them will be picked though, so these guys will be left to do their thing and release billions of spores around the hood.

It is indeed mate. Note the dyed woodchips :wink:

.. is this dye the natural color of the wood chips or a special supplement .. ?

Impressive result indeed !

everybody else has already said it, but "holy shit!". i second Zen PBG's query as to whether this patch had a little help along in getting established and am stunned to read Shroomeup's answer that they popped up of their own accord. Ridiculous!

How beautiful. I can just imagine the network of mycelium under the surface to create this, whole ecosystems living and breathing and shyly showing themselves when the time is right.

Only to have clueless people completely rip it all up :(

respect :-)

Looks like euc chips. I've seen em come up THiCKER this season past in a church yard. Last season was a cracker. Wondering, are euc chips fine to use on a sub patch??

I used euc chips ,grew the myc with the cardboard Tek.

Made the patch 3 years ago, fruited for the 1st time this year,

So patience is also a factor, it can lurk or be dormant.

Once they have used up the tucker in the chips just top up the patch with horse or cow poo.

Im very interested to see what happens in my yard next season.

Just about done for this patch i think. Friend has gone and covered the garden in pine bark mulch! Dammit.

Interesting thing i found out digging there the other day, the whole garden was covered with black plastic prior to laying the mulch originaly. So the whole mat of myc is seperated from the ground.

That patch...I am Jack's simmering jealousy :wink:

I am excited for the next psilly season. So many photo opportunities!

Up in the hills mate? ive seen a few around the traps but not quite as 'dense' as that. Years and years back near one of the science buildings at Latrobe Uni there was an area that had upwards of 4,000 specimens in a 6 by 6 metre area but I read years later a student picked them all each year, ruined the patch and sold them to fund a trip around europe. You see, capitalism ruins everything...

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

This was a patch that legend said (back in the late 90s) that it had been reisolated and reinvigorated a number of times by some budding bio students and their friends.

• Like 1

fuck you melbournites are lucky. we queenslanders have to risk getting attacked by bulls to pick our cubes/subs are unheard of up here...:).

Seen a few pics by a guy named olive on Shroomery. He had best results from pine bark mulch.

Interesting about the black mat. FOAF just found a woodchip bed that lay above black plastic. 6 inch thick with pine bark mulch. FOAF put a handful of spawn in it from the 'mother patch'. Be interesting to see what happens come june in WA.

Really. Will be interesting to see what comes of it aye.

Up in the hills mate? ive seen a few around the traps but not quite as 'dense' as that. Years and years back near one of the science buildings at Latrobe Uni there was an area that had upwards of 4,000 specimens in a 6 by 6 metre area but I read years later a student picked them all each year, ruined the patch and sold them to fund a trip around europe. You see, capitalism ruins everything...

Down in the eastern burbs mate.