The Corroboree
myco

a sign from the gods

Col: I know those fungi. See them in massive numbers in pine forests late in the season. Look at the last photo in this post. Look carefully at the "sub" in the middle of the handful. It's an imposter, and it's the one you've found. You can instantly tell by the stipe, which is less sinewy than a sub, and more crumbly and moist. It's also much brighter white and doesn't stain blue at all. I'm not sure what it is, but I think it's a Marasmius spp. or possibly (but not likely) Hebeloma crustuliniforme. Either way, you probably did the right thing feeding them to Senor Caapi.

You were just joking around ballzac dude you totally dismiss my pic no myco it's a stroph

Then you say that other picture is psilocybes when 1: you can barely even see the pic its so small

2: they don't really look like subs

3: he even said none of them bruised

And you said yup they're psilocybes

I think that's fuckin hilarious mate

Anyway it has survived the night I went and put a jar over the top of it so it wouldn't get munched

I'll do my best to keep him alive so Shruman gets his cuts :)

I would bet on it myself but have had some postal problems recently so I don't want anything being sent to me at the moment

Then you say that other picture is psilocybes...

And you said yup they're psilocybes

I said no such thing

you can barely even see the pic its so small

^this

After getting this combative, I doubt you would admit that you were wrong if it turns out that you are, and there's nothing stopping you putting a sub in it's place or something of that nature. For this reason, I am going to drop out of this bet if that's okay with you shruman? It would have been a little bit of fun, and I would have been happy to be proven wrong and send you some pups, but I feel this isn't going to pan out in the spirit of friendly mycological dispute, and it takes the fun away from it.

• Like 1

HAhahhahhaha you edited your post I fukin saw it dude I know what you said

And so you no I'm not getting all defensive I'm just laughing at you :)

HAhahhahhaha you edited your post I fukin saw it dude I know what you said

And so you no I'm not getting all defensive I'm just laughing at you :)

What the fuck dude? If you're referring to my reply to col, when I posted it, I accidentally put my reply inside the quote, so I immediately edited it so that my reply was outside the quote. I used ctrl+x and ctrl+c and didn't retype anything. You're a liar, and if anyone questions this, you should look at the timestamp and notice that the edit was performed at most 1 minute after posting (it was actually about 10 seconds). I'm glad I decided not to go through with the bet, because I really don't want to rely on evidence presented by a liar.

sorry, I meant ctrl+x and ctrl+v. I would have just edited my above post, but you know how people can misrepresent things when you edit a post. Kinda sad.

Well, it turns out no one got it right. It wasn't a mushroom at all! It was a Trichocereus bridgesii monstrose!

tbmg.jpg

• Like 7

I just remembered that our notifications have a copy of original posts in them :wink:

Well, it turns out no one got it right. It wasn't a mushroom at all! It was a Trichocereus bridgesii monstrose!

tbmg.jpg

Bahahaha. Good to see some people have a sense of humour. :lol:

Edited by ballzac

Ok ballzac I'll just agree with you maybe I'm wrong but I don't think i am

why would I have said it in the first place if you hadn't written it

I'll just say I'm wrong then Balzac

I'm not trying to start any arguments with you mate If that's wat you think

I thought it was funny but maybe I read things wrong so fuck it I'm not gonna keep going with it ok :)

As I said I'm not tryin to argue with anyone

And also so you know I would be happy to admit if I were wrong

I would never get another sub and replace it man wat the fuck that's just stupid

I'm not like that so if you wanna keep your bet on go for it I will tell the truth I garauntee that

Wether it gets eaten is a sub or not a sub I will be completely truthful

We'll just wait it out and see :)

And marcel that is gold hahahahahaha

• Like 1

It’s not a sub. Maybe if you try sacrificing a goat or something, the gods might be more inclined to help ya get fucked up.

It is a sub :)

I'm not into killing things so sacrificing a goat is not on the cards :)

And I don't do this to get fucked up

infact I haven't eaten mushrooms for about 4-5 years and that's not cos I haven't had a chance either :)

It’s not a sub. Maybe if you try sacrificing a goat or something, the gods might be more inclined to help ya get fucked up.

un called for jabez.

Myco, i dont know what got you so fired up? i didnt find ballzac's post threatning at all

yeah he said they look Psilo like.

Colhawk, They look like some kind of Psathyrella to me

everyone chill, its shreem season!!!

i dont know either BT i guess im just bein a dick in all seriousness i apolagise guys

i wasnt so much getting fired up though i was laughing the whole time i thought it ws funny

i guess it falls bak on the damn internet and expression with typing so i apolagise guys

ballzac i could have sworn i read that you had said wat i thought but maybe i was wrong

but i just thought it was funny that you were so sure mine wasnt a sub and then "i thought"

you said that the other guy colhawks pic was subs when you could barely see it

i thought that was really funny however it appears i missread or missinterpreted something

i apolagise to anyone i may have offended especially you ballzac :)

:worship: my apolagies

• Like 4

I love this forum.

• Like 2

i dont know either BT i guess im just bein a dick in all seriousness i apolagise guys

i wasnt so much getting fired up though i was laughing the whole time i thought it ws funny

i guess it falls bak on the damn internet and expression with typing so i apolagise guys

ballzac i could have sworn i read that you had said wat i thought but maybe i was wrong

but i just thought it was funny that you were so sure mine wasnt a sub and then "i thought"

you said that the other guy colhawks pic was subs when you could barely see it

i thought that was really funny however it appears i missread or missinterpreted something

i apolagise to anyone i may have offended especially you ballzac :)

:worship: my apolagies

No problem man. I really appreciate your apology. I took it a bit far too, and I'm sorry about that :wub: Just glad we can move past it. :)

• Like 4

no probs all good

thank you for accepting my apology :)

Group-Hug.jpg
  • Like 4

hahahaha thats fuckin wrong marcel

reminds me of my girlfriends brother hahahaha

Im sorry, but that first photo looks so not like a baby sub.

this is what i know of as a baby sub:

just my 2c

Cheers, Ob.

Edited by obtuse

theres no picture there mate :)

your subs are not the same as our WA subs.

yours are way more lighter.

That patch that shroomeup put up is NOTHING like our WA subs

i have seen Tassie,Melbs,SA and WA subs

and ours have a darker cap and also grow bigger that the easties do

its a sub trust me nothing else grows in this spot :)

Yes, I agree it looks like a sub. But do you know how many people around the world die every year from the belief that "nothing else grows in this spot"? Fungi come and go mate, as Obtuse says, and I've seen patches of subs that had nothing else one year grow a few Galerina another year. Inspect each mushroom as if it could be a lethal look-alike, and treat on its own merits, not because of where it grows.

i agree BT i've never seen the eastern states variety in person but every picture i see they look alot lighter

alot of people dont agree but im convinced they are different strains

please note my picture was taken in very low light aswell

wich makes it look even darker

i know not to go just on the thought that nothing else grows there

please people im not retarded ok

• Like 1