The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Marcel

Incredible film series, now online

About 18 years ago, SBS showed a series of short films collectively titled The Forbidden Files, by director Jean-Teddy Filippe. I remember watching these as a teen and having my mind blown to smithereens. A few years ago, something reminded me of them and I began hunting around online, but I didn't remember the title or the director. Eventually I found a lead and recently they all went up on the internet. I feared that they wouldn't be as good as I remembered them, but fortunately, they are.

Here they are. Start with number 1 (bottom of list) and work through in order. When they video plays, make sure "Original" is selected from the language drop-down menu.

Enjoy. They're are absolutely awesome.

i remember seeing some of these on one of those late night shorts shows on sbs, eat carpet or whatever it was called, thanks for posting

Edited by qualia

wicked post i seen this show years ago also the forbidden files thanks for chasing this one up..ive been looking for it!

scary stuff.... very interesting

I dont know are they fake or what?

I mean there are some .. real.. WHAT THE FUCK moments in those films...

like what the fuck.... The Examination is nuts.... you have warped my fragile mind...

There nothing on goole, im trying to find out more on most the sotrys, and there not much...

some say absolutely awesome..... i say scary as fuck!

Edited by vual

I couldn't see anything in *The Diver* except a few heads bobbing about in the water. Maybe I need glasses.

They look fake to me, but i'm too scared to watch the rest anyway. :rolleyes:

Maybe its the narrators creepy voice that's scaring me. :P

Random; oh god... why did you bump this?

It's 12:50am and I have to go to sleep. Excellent.

Number three though was definitely peculiar, six was definitely a 'modern' retelling of mermaids enticing people into their midst. But 'The Examination' was definitely nuts. The animosity I got from that was sending shivers down my spine.

Oh, anyone here read 'The House Of Leaves'?

I read this about your *House of Leaves* in an online review;

"I wish there were someway that a sigh could count as a book review"

LOL

I'm definitely not watching *The Examination* now, I don't need anymore animosity or mind warping in my life, cheers everyone for the heads up. :P

p.s my curiosity will get the better of me and I will probably watch it later tonight and give myself nightmares, and be scarred for life.

alirght my curiosity is also roused. tonight I shall watch

The Soldier one is amazing in its simplicity and eeriness. The Siberia one is well made.

These are all fiction. The director did a beautiful job of using era- and culture-specific film stock and cameras to make them look authentic. As soon as I have a free evening, I'll be sitting up late and scaring the shit out of myself....

• Like 1

Marcel, Thanks I have never seen these.

How do you know they are all fake? I'm trying to verify this for myself but are finding hard? Got a link?

I know they're fake because Nothing is True and Everything is Permitted. B)

Aside from that little guiding maxim, I also know that the director is a film and tv producer/writer/director who has made several films that deal with similar themes and concerns. I suppose the "are they/aren't they" mystery is part of the appeal and success of the series.

But yeah, who knows; maybe they are real. I don't want to be the rain on anyone's parade. :P

Thanks for positng - I had a nice late night last night and enjoyed a few of these.

Quality fiction. The drama is manifest in the writing itself and NOT merely implied through the typical channels of emotional/character attachments, effects or other plot devices.

Edited by ayjay101

Hopefully some are fake.. ake the examination lol...

But obviously they all are fake? more like a "blair witch" project thing?? Otherwise why hasnt there been any more follow ups on these things?

I couldn't see anything in *The Diver* except a few heads bobbing about in the water. Maybe I need glasses.

Ummmm you didnt see the man swim up and grab the diver and keep pulling him into the water over and over as he tried to board the boat.... 0_o you do need glasses rofl..

The Soldier one is amazing in its simplicity and eeriness. The Siberia one is well made.

These are all fiction. The director did a beautiful job of using era- and culture-specific film stock and cameras to make them look authentic. As soon as I have a free evening, I'll be sitting up late and scaring the shit out of myself....

Yes good fiction, the blair witch kinda thing lol really well down, the soldier is good but cmon if it was real why didnt any reserachers go back to the beach and walk into the water at the same point... 0_o

I can see similarities in the camera work too. Either way I'm a fan. Disinformation is a powerful tool and mockumentaries give us a great example of what is possible. I personally like The Fourth Kind.

Ummmm you didnt see the man swim up and grab the diver and keep pulling him into the water over and over as he tried to board the boat.... 0_o you do need glasses rofl..

ahh, was that what I was supposed to be scared by? lol

I did see that but wondered wtf it was supposed to be about. I kept waiting for some underwater sea monster to appear and eat both of them!

I would have preferred to watch the original films and audio, there are some artful pieces in there. the narration was too annoying for me to watch more than a few, unfortunately. their were some like the picnic where they were talking perfectly understandable english but he still felt the need to narrate over the top of them? surely it could be a popular series on the basis of the original films, rather than sensationalist claims of supernatural forces??

Nice find.

Yeah I remeber watching these on Eat Carpet aswell. Realy screwed with my head, just thinking WTF?, I knew they had to be fake but a little part of me could'nt let go of what if?, & thinking about them for days, weeks afterwards.

They are still gold but not quite as profound, maybe cause I was younger & a little more naieve... well younger anyway...

Edited by shruman

ahh, was that what I was supposed to be scared by? lol

I did see that but wondered wtf it was supposed to be about. I kept waiting for some underwater sea monster to appear and eat both of them!

ohhh good point lol, i spose that he was moving so fast was the scary thing... and was just toying with him.. his brute strength lol

it seems that i have new material for such times as... what's the date today again?

i'll try to remember this the next time i'm in the right set

• Like 1