The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
cactuscarl

chiloensis for trade

Hi all i have 1 or maybe 2 (if a couple of ppl are keen) of this unusual trichocereus chiloensis for trade

the cutting can be cut anywhere up to about 70cm Im after a Peru or bridgesii of similar length but if you've only got shorter cuts make me an offer

cheers

post-7956-0-98114900-1333491427_thumb.jp

post-7956-0-56026100-1333493092_thumb.jp

post-7956-0-98114900-1333491427_thumb.jpg

post-7956-0-56026100-1333493092_thumb.jpg

post-7956-0-98114900-1333491427_thumb.jpg

post-7956-0-56026100-1333493092_thumb.jpg

Edited by cactuscarl

pm'd

Gorgeous plant.

How sure are you on the ID?, seems a bit hairy for Tricho...

I'm thinking Borzicactus

Edited by shruman
  • Like 1

I saw a few pics of a chiloensis and thought it looked the same so i asked my boss and he said he bought it a chiloensis he has two forms and the other one is not so big or hairy and looks different but you can tell they are either the same or very similar plants

Thats fair enough but in reality chilensis (why do people keep sticking that 'o' in there?) as described should not be hairy. Well as far as I know no Tricho should be hairy except for its balls.

T. chilensis (Colla) Br. & R. (2)

Bo. columnar, branching from the base, to over 3 m h.; branches numerous, stout; Ri. to 16-17, low, broad, tuberculate; Rsp. 8—12, to 4cm long.; Csp. 1, short, to 4—7(—12) cm long.; Sp. amber at first, or blackish, tobacco-brown or intermediate shades, later whitish-grey, often darker-tipped; Fl. to 14cm long., concolorous white; Sep. reddish or brownish-white; Sti. cream; Fr. spherical.—Chile (Prov. Atacama to Prov. Curico, with a distribution measuring 600 km from N. to S.).

A very variable spec., hence the many synonymous names for forms. The specific name was first written as “chiloensis”; acc. Skottsberg this could be regarded as an incorrect spelling of a geographical name, and could therefore be amended (the plant certainly does not grow in Chiloë); the spelling “chilensis” was used by both Pfeiffer and Schumann.

v. ebnrneus (Phil.) Marsh. appears to be more justifiable as a variety; Ba. stouter; Sp. brownish at first, soon becoming ivory-white; Fl. pink, or suffused pink (Marshall, Borg).

The spec. has at times been confused with T. litoralis (Joh.) Loos., also from Chile, which it somewhat resembles; T. litoralis has yellowish Sp. which are appreciably shorter, while the Fl. are believed to remain open for several days.

Like I said still a gorgeous plant, I think I have a Borzi or 2 that I had almost covinced myself were somehow connected to Trich.

Edited by shruman

Thinking Borzicactus as well. But its a stunning one. Would prefer that one over a similar sized Trichocereus Chilensis all the time.

EDIT: Looking at it, i think that this could also be an Oreocereus.

Edited by Evil Genius

Mate I'd be keen on a piece of chiloensis, I still have heaps of peruvianus.