The Corroboree

Tell me the things you do as part of your lifestyle pattern to maintain you physical and mental condition.

How do you start the day live it and end it? what do you eat? favourite words? time spent on the comp etc?

i am interested in a brief outline of how the who's here are...

thanks.

Edited by reptyle

Hmm well I'll be honest.

I'm not sane. I'm unsure what sane is really.

Work from 5pm to 5am 6 days a week.

When I get home I rip a few then sleep solidly until 4pm.

My diet has gone to shit, At present I'm only eating one meal a day which is usually a hamburger with the lot from the bp all nighter at 1am. Interspersed with bananas and oranges during my shift. Smoke way to much.

I train two nights a week, play league every sat at the moment (my family plays in and manages the local team) and lately union on a Sunday ( my bosses team). Keeps the heart rate up, and supplements my income significantly.

I meditate touching my plants most morning at 5am its my religious experience.

I'm working for a goal, so it's not all in vain.

At the moment my life is about accumulating money. This I'm doing very well, from a we avenues. I've accepted my reaponsibiltys as a provider and that's what I'm doing. The accumulation of fat cash is going to benefit a lot of people around me, and enable future plans to fall into place.

Besides, I like the people I work with and have a fantastic boss. I enjoy my work.

I need to kick the smokes and eat healthier, this I know.

As it is thats my life, but to be honest I'm quite content. Sorry, shallow, boring story.

Favourite words? Barney, pelican, legger, peasant.

Time on computer ? Whenever I'm bored on my iPhone.

Edited by incognito

i start the day wishing i was dead. then i get drunk.

the end.

• Like 1

Wake up, whenever i need to.

Drive to work and get it done, a lot of happiness and laughs from the kids i work with but after you are used to it you can still long home.

Computer games or girlfriend, eat good food.

"stopped" smoking did it 3 times tonight but it's Friday... and for once i hung out with the lads smoked a homemade herbal mix that didn't work out, that well.

Just bought "harem pants" in Swedish anyways... don't know if it's the actual word for them.

going to briefly swap style completely from street/cosy sometimes sophisticated to hard on fucking hippie you give weird looks at the summers lol

normal nights i stay up for hours playing civilization 5 with friends...

The first "spring day" just came to Sweden tho! very excited! much happiness and spring joy,

went to the beach with my girl yesterday and picked ember stones which turned out to be glass... but she had tights on and made me chanted by her ass climbing old bunkers from ww2

Really stoked about my bonsai this year, a lot of newcomers and big projects, new good tools to shape em and such... :)

My mental condition is: i really need to go somewhere without sitting my ass on a plane if u know what i mean,

my way of seeing the world is getting so "normally boring, not wise or really happy about everything" im starting to fall into those periods of being shit scared of death and such sillyness

Are you working in community services incog?

Lol nah gave that up. Grain trading now. More money, less stress !

wake up around usually around 8 depending on when i sleep

drink vital greens

go for a light jog smile at as many people i can

toast and fruit for breakfast with a tulsi tea

tend to the garden

make sure the house is in check

meditate

salad for lunch mostly consisting of beans,advacado, mushroom,olive,pine nuts, spinach, onion, tomato, chia seeds, garlic and chilli slight variations sometimes with tulsi

relax for a lil bit

do something creative guitar or drawing

daily carrot apple and ginger juice

light weight excercises

vape a lil bit (not every day)

have dinner

then wind down to sleep

inbetween all this i try to converse with other people as much as i can and just focus on the simple pleasures of life

it has taken me ages to cut junk food, smoking, alcohol, party supplements almost completely out i had 3 rums on the weekend :P i can feel my body balancing out as i go it is quite rad

i just listen to the "all knowing" side of myself the part that i ignored for years on a mass ego trip and only make decisions that are completely justifiable well i do slip up here and there but these slip ups happen less and less my actions are slowly catching up to my words :D

Edited by danshaman

That sounds like an excellent day Dan, you don't have to work?

fluss... i am interested in this 5 hours of playing civilasation and wonder how many others have 30 minutes of useable time to spare... not to detract from the importance of playing civilisation... though it would seem that if 30 or even 20 minutes out of the entire day was dedicated to promoting the shamanic lifestyle through media and or the creation of substance specific information packages, similar to those composed by the health dep. and their strange minded propaganda crew, who consistently make greivous errors in their drugs campaign info, then we could really be moving somewhere in the direction of awesome.

it is easy to compile a 1000 word brochure about a substance, that can then be printed using donations and placed in herbalists and shops all over Aus...

i would throw money at promoting true info and i'm sure there are others who would do likewise... people infact with far more access to funds than i...

everyone has seen the people standing around with shirts collecting change for community projects... we could be doing the same thing.

as i said in the another thread... it is our lifestyle that defines our culture essentialy...

are their any behaviours which you do religiously? like cleaning teeth or brushing hair or remembering to check the oil in your car or?

back to lifestyles that people live... which i find most interesting of all... continue...

any examples of programs for the perfect lifestyle you would like to live?

we pray at sunrise, miday and sunset and then once whilst we are sleeping.? and u mustnt let your pants touch your feet whilst ure doing it?

washing hands, feet, face? etc...

something interesting that has come up in my contemplations of the conscious dreaming material is how the daily routine can be used as a check to see if you are dreaming... if everytime you wake up you go about your routine, then when u wake up inside your dream and go to start your routine but suddenly lift off the ground, u know ure dreaming... or there is astrange anomaly in the routine and u realise u r dreaming...

it seems to be the break in the monotony of everyday life that indicates to the observer that they are in the dream reality.

it is almost as though, this world of routine is the foundation and stabilser for the exploration of the truly liberated inner world. and it is the work we do in our waking staate that paves the way for our worthiness to experience certain things with pride in our dremaing consciousness, fearlessly and with the power of a hundred thousand prostrations...

interesting...

• Like 1

i dont mean to focus on anyone specific at all by the way... just the link between civilsation games etc makes me wonder if i am dreaming... i fully honour your capacity to choose your own lifepath... love.

I find exercise and meditation critical to balancing out my life. After working for 9 or 10 hrs a good one hour bike ride helps my mind switch off and re-stabilise. Am trying to spend less time in front of a computer screen, so instead of watching documentaries or movies am making a cup of tea and sitting down with a good book. And of course, growing plants is a great relaxing and meditative past-time. Exploring forests, mountains, city streets or whatever environment is at hand is also good way to contemplate things and switch off the interior voice. I end the day by lighting a candle and writing or drawing something unique about that day. Then begins my night in the dream world, which lately has been very vivid and full of strange coincidences. When I wake I let the sun fall on my skin and appreciate its beauty for a moment before getting on with another day...

i tell my body to wake up at exactly 6.47 every morning then i pray to my god chnt.

then i pray to lord jashin

then i mediate for about 3 hours

i focus all my attention on being as neu!rotic as possible.

i steal khat plants, strip wild acacias and step on 5+ year old lophs.

• Like 5

how is it that we have not crossed paths.

you are trapped within my genjutsu, you think we have not crossed paths

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I'm ok being "within" any part of you.. lol

• Like 1

Interesting how our routeine can be used to induce a lucid dream, i have been in a dreams before and thought hang on i dont go to school..... and then inside my dream i realise i must be dreaming for its not acctually possibe, and you spin around fast try to control it but end up waking up 90% of the time, and you get sick inside of your dream.

Of if you look at your hands during the day and say "am i dreaming" you do it enough and you find you do it inside your dream, but you say in your dream "shit i am dreaming" and you wake up. Also those who have studied lucid dreaming will know that insdie a dream light switches dont work... there is no "light" and if you see paper in your dream or a sign, look at it twice... you will see there is no words it always changes, also a good trick is to wear a digital watch look at it all day.... you will find subconsiously you will look at your digital watch inside the dream and then you will see there is no text its all messed up, and your brain clicks shit this isnt real im in a dream... once you figure that out the hardest part is trying to stay there everything gets so strange, the vibrations change and its hard to keep yourself there inside the dream with all the shaking that is going on....

lucid dreaming is the most powerfull thing that has ever happend to me, the single most powerful spiritual thing to ever happen in my life was waking up inside a dream, maybe if i used it for more then sexual gradification i would be more enlightend... i am pritty sheltered spiritualy....

Edited by vual

it is an excellent day alice. I don't have to work 9-5 atm as i live at home and very basic i keep the cash flow up and make sure im always putting work into the house so we can sell it in the coming years and move a bit more rural.

i do have to work just not in that sense my life is very full and productive atm

I am very lucky to be in the position i am in. and am very thankful for how things are

I'm a Disability support worker, I work in a group home usually I start early afternoons around 2 or 3 pm I get paid from the time I start my hourly rate until 10pm then I get paid a lousy $60-AUD Sleep over allowance which is from 10pm until 6am then I get paid my hourly rate until I finish.

I am normally at work for 24 hour stretches sometimes longer and I sleep away from home around three nights a week also they always roster me in a day shift like 7am until 4pm once a week just to mess with me.

I first started around 3 and a bit years ago in that time I've gone from 90kg to 130kg at 175cm I developed obstructive sleep apnea and stuffed my health.

In the last two months I've lost 10kg by eating good and training Silat a indonesian martial art.

I've been trying different supplements and I'm finding Barley Grass and raw veggie juices to be the best.

I haven't smoked or drank in almost 4 years after a vipassana course but after that I found a fast food addiction for want of a better word.

I struggle to make a bag of sand a week and I hate my job but at the moment I'm managing to save a bit of money slowly but surely, I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Last Year I would have told you I was saving for a trip to peru for a Aya ceremonie now I couldn't think of anything worse than being an "Aya" tourist...

Currently my goal is to buy a 80 series land cruiser and see the top end of Australia on my Robinson Crusoe, maybe give the odd hitch hiker a lift :wink: he he he...

but as for daily routine I've been walking at every chance I get (not at work stuck in group home) and doing what I call hindu squats and push ups

I've recently moved back to sydney after having 5 years off living in paradise in sub tropical Qld. Where I had the house, the dog, the 3 cars, boat,beautiful kitchen garden pool and beach at the end of the bloody street. Now after another life change lol, and my dog dying (RIP) im renting an overpriced shit hole in the armpit of this metropolis. I am however, lucky to be able to afford living on my own. just.

I wake up 2 hrs before i have to enter the conformist capitalist realm that takes me 6 mins to walk to. I cant just wake up & rush, I have to slowly wake, and plan my day & meals.

I put the radio on next to my bed and just listen to the jays a bit and think about whether or not i want to get off. Then i'll go downstairs, make a cup of madura tea and have a fag, then put on some music, turn on the comp and open all the house up and let the sun in or the rain, and just sip & suck, fuck about on line and fantasise sometimes of what kinda rort i can pull so i dont have to do this shit much more lol

then ill go back upstairs, have a shower, get dressed and come back down turn my phone on & it will start with its bullshit. Make a nice brekky, omelettes are my thing usually & a nice lunch to take to work. go there come home, where I shower again to cleanse my aura of that toxic shit hole, and I try not to bong on consecutive nights cos it robs me of refreshing sleep, but sometimes i require one or 2.

Then talk to the partner in crime for a bit, share our updates, have a whinge, be a homo for a bit, before jumping into my new bed with my book and try and read til I pass out, then wake up & do it all again.

I drink a lot of water, eat a lot of fruit and nuts, I was a food nazi a while back, and i am conscious of not eating processed plastic crap, but I do love some pig fat ice cream from time to time.

All of these things tho, still have me a lil mentaly out there, physically not at my optimum, but I am happy. Proper happy in a lot of ways for the most part which is refreshing to say the very least.

Wake up anywhere between 5-10am. Eat microwaved fish fingers or muffin/cake bar for breakfast while reading SAB. Go to bupe clinic nearby and ignore weirdos until it's my turn. Go to shops and people-watch or window shop (sometimes actually buy something), eat something healthy for lunch, get foot reflexology, go home. Have a lay down (my back gets sore very easily) with chosen crystals and do reiki on myself; lately I've been listening to my hypnotherapy CD and sometimes fall asleep (sometimes wank lol TMI sorry!) . Peruse internet/SAB again, wait for boyfriend if he's coming over. I'll usually cook something healthy if he's here too, otherwise I'll just eat whatever's around, including more fish fingers lol. Have whatever supplements (tryptophan, magnesium, tyrosine, phenibut, antioxidant, multivite... ) at whatever point of the day. Drink a shittonne of black tea throughout the day. Do laundry whenever. Watch some tv or internet/SAB(music ALWAYS accompanies internet) later, have a shower and go to bed anywhere between 10 and 2. If boyfriend's over we'll snuggle, watch documentaries, Snuggle, watch more docos. Once a week I go to hypnotherapy sessions which are bloody fantastic.

I used to do a lot more variety of things but lately during my mini "nervous breakdown" I've been keeping reeaal quiet and off the droogs (unfortunately missing Lucy and Mary's company here and there, but not really craving anything else). I've also cut off my friends apart from my boyfriend for as long as I need to get my head straight so I'm not even catching up with them; nor do I want to have a job at this point in time. I'm looking into doing some sort of art course at a community college just to get back into the swing of things without getting anxiety.

Lately I've also been doing a massive house makeover by getting rid of my ex's shit (he didn't live here but used my house as a storage facility, alcoholic manipulative shit that he was - I shouldn't say that I know alcoholism is a disease....) and other old junk that serves no purpose. I also need to redecorate LOTS which is kinda daunting, kinda fun, kinda frustrating. But things are really moving along now that his stuff's out and we've taken a whole trailer load of shit to the tip, and a bunch of bags to the Salvos. Another trailer load or two of rubbish to go, painting, skylights, plumbing, flooring, replacing downlights, replacing security lights and security mesh on backdoor, getting proper curtains that actually block out sun, getting my gate fixed, replacing second bathroom vanity. Luckily my boyfriend's half wog so he's either got relatives in home-improvement work, or his family friends do it lol.

So there you go; a particularly uninteresting look at A Day In The Life.

Wake up - still breathing, still employed. Lifes good.