The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
zelly

button cactus for sale

Guys, I need some input....this specimen is in a 26cm pot & priced at $350...is that too cheap?

I mean what kinda price would you mates pay for something like this?

Another question.....scroll down to the bottom pic....see the heads on top? Ever wonder whats directly underneath them?

Heads stacked on top of other heads?

p3dsc0584.jpg

p3dsc0587.jpg

• Like 1

This is an amazing plant! I think 350 is a great prize, where I'm from Lophs seems cheaper in general and I think here it would cost that much in euro at least.

I suspect under the heads there is plant body from older grow going rooty. Is it?

Yea zel, 350 would be a bargain for this. Id pay 400- 500 myself :drool2: Maybe even more! That things a beast, Im not sure if the price differs from where you are, on ebay au theres one far smaller with far less heads going for 350. Just depends on how much profit you want to make, mate, could sell for alot more i reken.

why does my life revolve around getting head(s)...?

that is an amazing plant for that price, i'd grab it. wonder how old it is?

• Like 1

Hahahaha

If you're considering buying it at that price. Do it. Do it now.

If you're considering selling it at the price, you should start the auction at that price, it should (and will) go for more than that... I would think it would go for over $500, closer to $700. People are willing to pay high prices for older Lophs.

Beautiful plant :wub: , but why, oh why, do people put beautiful plants in ugly plastic pots? Spend the measly $20 for a simple terracotta pot. Or better yet, hunt out a nice vintage 50s concrete pot at the next council cleanup. The plant deserves it!

• Like 2

Is it not yours Zelly ?

It looks a little strange to me as there is only one old mature head which is showing its true form lots of tufts , raised ribs and a flatter appearance. All of the other heads look about the same age and are very plump and only a few showing signs of flowering. :scratchhead:

That said It is a stunning plant and one that I am sure most of us would love in our collections

I am with you Marcel on the pot thing. I think if you spend all of those years caring for a plant for it to grow into a show piece like this why not give it a pot that is in keeping with the look of the plant. I would put it in an old aged terracotta pot.

I would also wonder what the tap root looks like as it surely must be a lot longer than the depth of the pot

Cheers

Got

guys- the plant is an LW caespitosa.....and caes forms dont have tap roots. Caes root structures are entirely different than tap root types. As a rule, only fully matured (and old) caes heads turn woolly.

I go with plastic pots because they're a lot easier to set up into hanging baskets, where every loph I have in 15 cm pots or larger is hanging from the rafters in my gh.

I knew she was priced a little low, but with a half dozen or so of the same size or larger, I can afford to give another collector a tremendous deal.

• Like 3

I'd say she would get $500 aud easily. I myself wouldn't pay a cent more than that.

Have you sold this specimen yet? I'd be interested in any mature Loph's you were willing to part with.

selly you have some of the best plants i've ever seen :)

i wish you could send them here to aus

• Like 1

Ohhh, spewing, I forgot you weren't in Aus.

Awesome looking plant I too wish they could be sent here.

guys- the plant is an LW caespitosa.....and caes forms dont have tap roots. Caes root structures are entirely different than tap root types. As a rule, only fully matured (and old) caes heads turn woolly.

I go with plastic pots because they're a lot easier to set up into hanging baskets, where every loph I have in 15 cm pots or larger is hanging from the rafters in my gh.

I knew she was priced a little low, but with a half dozen or so of the same size or larger, I can afford to give another collector a tremendous deal.

I didnt know that about the LW caespitosa roots that gives me more pot options for them. The hanging baskets / pots is a great idea to gain space in a green house. I had never pictured lophs in hanging baskets before but now I can see it and its a cool idea.

Thanks Zelly

Cheers

Got