The Corroboree
vual

Tissue Culture Hardware and Portable Laboratory $5000

this is not mine, found it and i spose some may be interested:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tissue-Culture-Hardware-and-Laboratory-/180834832217?pt=AU_Plants_Seeds_Bulbs&hash=item2a1a988f59

TISSUE CULTURE HARDWARE AND LABORATORY

Everything needed to get started in micro-propagation

• All brand new equipment, never used, including:

• Stainless steel laminar flow hood and stainless steel tables

• All American pressure cooker / autoclave and electric hotplate

Glass bead steriliser.

• Electromagnet stirrer

Shelving, glass jars with clear screw tops and plastic food containers

Correct spectrum fluorescent lights

Growing mediums, forceps, scalpels, tongs, measures, etc

The laboratory itself, a new 3 metre x 2 metre cool room.

$6750.00 All reasonable offers considered

Pick up from Briagolong in Victoria, or freight can be arranged at a cost.

• Like 2

should be called the breaking bad package! what else could you want.

• Like 1

i hear a good fume hood cost from 20 - 80+k......

0_o

The laboratory itself, a new 3 metre x 2 metre cool room.

I got the impression they were like a manufacturer / distributor/ wholesaler putting 'full packages' together & then offering them up for sale.

They could also be 'fishing' for people interesting in buying such things....

They could also be 'fishing' for people interesting in buying such things....

That's just bizarre. There are so many legitimate research reasons that any citizen can currently use this equipment for. What dastardly end uses are you implying as possible?

Some places- not sure if they still do it- used laminar flow hoods to fix their electronics equipment in so casings could be opened in a dust free environment

I'm almost offended that you'd draw the sort of long, unreasonable bow that could encourage lawmakers and enforcement to restrict or ban the purchasing of such everyday research equipment. It's not like those people rely on accurate information.

should be called the breaking bad package! what else could you want.

Why? Why dear god, why has this thread turned into some stupid discussion about illegalities and synthesis when flow hoods are almost exclusively about biological systems that are completely unrelated to pure chemistry, recreational or otherwise

i hear a good fume hood cost from 20 - 80+k......

No. Nononono. A fume hood is not a flow hood. They are practically opposites.

A fume hood sucks the air away from your face so that chemicals do not enter your body

A flow hood blows sterile air towards you so that any potential contanimants which drop from you or the equipment you are using do not enter the biological system you are working with

Are we clear on this? This is not a package you would use for chemical synthesis. Unless you bought the thing for it's hotplate, which would be pathetic

Throwing in the cool room sounds like a good deal tho, I missed that the first time round and was wondering why it cost so much

• Like 5

oh thanks for point that out, i didnt even read it correctly :(

When i initally posted it i didnt really invision it for chemical lab of any kind, i just know some guys are interested in tissue culture.

• Like 1

damn... thats exactly what i'm looking for.

doh.

Well said Darklight.

One of these is on my list of things to get one day when I have enough time and money and no, I do not intend to use it for illegal purposes. I find this kind of thinking very frustrating; it's the kind of thinking that prevents people from getting grow-lights - purely because they are worried their neighbours will misunderstand and the police will start sniffing around incessantly believing you are up to "no good".

It's bullshit, and it just holds the horticulture industry so far behind the technological curve it's not funny. The more people that use hi-tech equipment to grow plants the better - I bet you that all the big corporations can't survive without this tech, why should we be held back from using it?

Well said Darklight.

One of these is on my list of things to get one day when I have enough time and money and no, I do not intend to use it for illegal purposes. I find this kind of thinking very frustrating; it's the kind of thinking that prevents people from getting grow-lights - purely because they are worried their neighbours will misunderstand and the police will start sniffing around incessantly believing you are up to "no good".

It's bullshit, and it just holds the horticulture industry so far behind the technological curve it's not funny. The more people that use hi-tech equipment to grow plants the better - I bet you that all the big corporations can't survive without this tech, why should we be held back from using it?

This! Exactly what you said. When I bought my first grow light I walked out of the shop thinking "I bet people driving past are thinking I'm some dodgy fucker". Then some lady walks past me and says "You won't grow many mullies with that, mate.". I just started to laugh and I didn't bother to say anything back because I knew she probably wouldn't believe me if I said it wasn't for illegal purposes.