The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
drumthumper001

Sick Lophophora???

Hey guys I just needed some help with my Lophophora. I kind of thought that his skin condition was due to sunburn so decided to move him out of direct sunlight but to no avail, it seems to be getting worse with a lot of dry patchiness. He has been getting the correct amount of water I believe.

Could someone give me a hand??

Cheers in advance.

post-11221-0-27766400-1331608841_thumb.j

post-11221-0-74471000-1331608864_thumb.j

post-11221-0-57160000-1331608920_thumb.j

post-11221-0-27766400-1331608841_thumb.jpg

post-11221-0-74471000-1331608864_thumb.jpg

post-11221-0-57160000-1331608920_thumb.jpg

post-11221-0-27766400-1331608841_thumb.jpg

post-11221-0-74471000-1331608864_thumb.jpg

post-11221-0-57160000-1331608920_thumb.jpg

I agree with dazza. Looks like you have spidermite.

I would think spider mite as well If you have a magnifying loupe have a good look around the base of the plant and the pups.

Nice Loph by the way. :drool2: How old is she ?

Cheers

Got

Looks like I am goimg to need a magnifying glass. I have read around a bit and am still not too sure of the best way to cure this problem, the concensus is that spider mites hate water so is a spray bottle the way to go? Any advice?

She is 2 and a half, looking forward to doing some grafts in the spring time, do you have any yourself GOT?

Cheers

Two and a half!?!?!?

Yes thats spidermite damage. I recently heard a good tip but cant really guarantee it wont hurt the Cactus as i didnt try myself. Undiluted 70% Spiritus or Ethanol, sprayed regularly on the Cactus should kill the spidermites. But dont do this in the sun...the sun would damage the skin and might even kill the plant.

But without direct sunlight, this should work fine. Even with seedlings.

She is 2 and a half, looking forward to doing some grafts in the spring time, do you have any yourself GOT

Really 2 and half :o

Is It on its own roots and what sort of size is she

I have a couple on their own roots and a few grafts going at the moment

Cheers

Got

Two and a half!?!?!?

Loph on steroids? That's mighty big for two and a half years!!!

I have tried and tested neem oil on many plants before and it has worked wonders, although you need to use an emulsifier such as washing detergent.

tobacco works too.

but in the long run, you cant hide from spidermite!

• Like 1

fuck me, how did you get it that big in 2 and a half years?! ive only got one at the moment. going to get a couple propagation box's and some seed and grow them soon. thats the plan anyway. i can't wait till i have one like your monster!

I was given this one and two others about 6 months ago and the dude I got it off claimed that they were all two years old. I do not have too much experience with Lophophora so I kind of took his word for it.

I'm also looking to sell this one if anyone is interested PM me or let me know. Either way I have more seeds and the two others.

Cheers and thanks for the help and info.

thanks for the tip mutant, i just found some little buggers on one of my lophs today. proceeded to tear off some rustica leaf and wipe it over the loph, giving a firm spray a few minutes later to try not to open up my plant to sunburn and wash off the mite corpses. hopefully after a couple treatments like this a week or so apart my problem will be solved.

I have tried and tested neem oil on many plants before and it has worked wonders, although you need to use an emulsifier such as washing detergent.

oils can burn cacti, be sure to give them some shade after oil application

oils should be applied w/ slightly warm water to avoid separation.

Hey drumthumper001 I haven't been able to get a reply from you online for 2 weeks now. I tried the mobile number you gave me as well but no reply. Are you still able to send me this Loph I bought from you? Otherwise can you please get back to me about a refund?

Also you still have the Loph advertised in the classifieds section.

Advert is closed for now. Drumthumper, please sort this sale out asap. If there is anyone else concerned besides Bread Filter, let me know!

Bread Filter, please let me know if you still didnt get what you paid for in 14 days.

bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Advert is closed for now. Drumthumper, please sort this sale out asap. If there is anyone else concerned besides Bread Filter, let me know!

Bread Filter, please let me know if you still didnt get what you paid for in 14 days.

bye Eg

Thanks Eg. I appreciate the help.