The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
paradox

fruit & nut seedlings & plants

hi folks, i'm in the process of getting a long term food forest going & am after fruit & nut trees of all varieties. am specifically after high producing & hardy genetics, suitable for a temperate climate but am also willing to experiment to a degree with species that are from different zones. also for the most part i would like to grow plants on their own roots & so am after varieties/cultivars/genetics that are conducive to good production in a temperate climate without needing to be grafted.

that said, i would be willing to give just about anything a go if people wanna share :) can pay cash if the price is right & also open to trades if people are interested, though at the moment about all i have to trade is trichocereus cuttings of various kinds..

so yeah... am keen to see what we have in the community as far as edible perennials go :) hope ya's can help!

alternatively any leads as to good wholesale nurseries in nsw etc would be much appreciated! am also gonna get over to the bush-food forums etc

thanks people

I have a few Loquat seedling/juvenile plants, or some seedlig/juvenile Ficus coronata (Native Sandpaper fig). I'll swap for T.peruvianus cuttings, if not we could work out a $ price

I've got a heap of fruit plants for sale, but they'd be pickup only.

How about some Feijoa cuttings?

thanks naja flemmings looks cool! well keen to order a truckload!

thanks procasterz, am sorted as far as those things go thanks mate, thanks for the link though also, came accross that daleys site the other day looks pretty decent hey, do you anyone out there have first hand experience with them by any chance? any feedback?

tripsis, you live south of sydney somewhere don't you? it could be feesable to come for a visit sometime :) wouldn't be for another few weeks though, will pm you mate

spacemonk, would definitely be interested in candlenut but to be honest where my property is gets some full on frosts from time to time so that may be something for the future when i've done a lot more research &/or got some serious micro-climates happening, thanks though man :)

mud, thanks man but thats another one i'm pretty well sorted with, got a decent size tree that i plan to propagate the fuck out of sometime in the next 6 months :)

everyone who's replied so far, thanks heaps, i appreciate it immensely!

i have spare seed you can have of the following if you think they may work for you.

Santalum acuminatum - Native Peach (Quandong)

Nitraria billardierei- Native Sea Plum

Psidium Cattleianum- Strawberry Guava

Moringa oleifera- Miracle Tree

Ceratonia siliqua- Carob