The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

planthelper

planthelper bashing,some members disturbe the forums

Now would be a good time to blow this thread up .(like with an explosive, not blow up/make worse). Its getting too personal and peeps are saying not nice things.

By the way... i think its a full moon.

Edit- what AMz said.

i looked in this forum because i was bored, and... this thread is.... wow...

guys...

there are women to conquer, degrees to achieve, money to be made... don't spend life fighting, because you won't get anything done...

the only thing i might just report is that there has been alot of self-incriminating talk done on chat lately... and although whatever we do on pms, or privately, is anonymous and i'm sure untrackable as it could be... (and as it is on every genera of forum on the net...)

...the reality is, is that it might give the corroborree a negative spotlight (for anyone opening up this site and instantly seeing that stuff), and even something for the media to (negatively) focus on if it ever came to that... and the corroboree is a friggin' godsend for aussie ethnobotanists, no matter what kind of crazy and alternative people this forum attracts (me included)... so maybe we should all just tone down the drug talk on the chat...

i personally want the corroboree to be around for a long time, and i don't say that beacuse i want to kiss ass, i say that because i love what everyone has achieved on these forums in the past decade in terms of rare and ethnobotanical plants... i mean this is REALLY important shit, history even,

and even the god-damned AMERICAN forums respect our works with cacti, and our inter-forum international member relations and database on all sorts of crazy knowledge..

alrighty, that's my piece... lets keep this ship going... in 100 years, all the ethnobotanists are gonna be like, "hey you read about those veteran part-time ethnobotanists on those 21st century internet forums? what troopers ey?"

chnt - I just remembered a conversation we had not long ago. It's hard for me to keep track of everyone, but your avatar reminded me ;). I remember now that you don't mean any harm and that things just kinda get away on you sometimes. But just like I didn't remember that, neither do most others know what your intentions are. Just keep that in mind please.

Please also keep in mind that while you may use a comment in a non-harmful way, the next person might then feel that it is OK to use such terms in different contexts. So while you might think your use of racist terms is enlightened due to the context, less than 24 hours later we have someone else using the phrase 'l e b o c u n t' in chat in a far less enlightened way. I am not saying that this is your influence in this instance, but how would you know if it is and would you be proud of having had such an influence?

one of my friends used to call me a lebo cunt sometimes, i prefer wog cause that more accurately represents my partial italian descent.

you make a fair point and yeah i'll try to stay away from such terms in future.

i dont get it, there are only 5000+ members, surely you can remember everyone perfectly... i dont think you're trying hard enough, poor form. (if i used emoticons now would be the perfect time for one with its tongue sticking out)

i'm so enlightened man (i get fairy to call me david koresh in bed, but my real name is actually Siddhārtha)

You fool why did you tell him he is enlightened? ;)

I wasn't going to get involved, but your private attacks on me have dragged me into this. I've kept out of this to see where it goes, but I can't actually see this going anywhere, so here is my bit.

where have i attacked you? i said you never reply to your pm's and this is true.

shruman & psylo dread enjoy calling me a troll and putting me down.

The only one I can find who called you a troll is BushTurkey. Please post links to posts [not threads] where psylo and shruman have called you a troll.

are you nit picking or what? they posted a pic of a troll, same thing, or bettwer said even worse.

i guess, it's because sometimes i didn't agree with there input to the forum.

with shruman, it started since this thread:

http://www.shaman-au...showtopic=30980

It is always convenient to pick one spot in time when things started to go bad. Interesting that shruman has linked a thread that pre-dates this one where things had also degenerated. If you are going to rely on cause and effect then make sure your cause is clearly defined.

i could go even back further about shrumans negative behavior against me., so my issue is well defined. to be your above sentence doesn't make any sence, but it sure, tries to say oh it's all my fault.

and this comes from you, who doesn't take criticism well at all.

i want to see you, how you reactif you have people calling you a troll repeatedly, and than gang up on you.

psylo dread, supports the view of shruman and likes the pic that i'm a troll, that shows me he has aswell a problem with me. he's like this towards me since this thread.

http://www.shaman-au...pic=30881&st=25

Interesting you would bring up that thread, because here it is YOU who is being abusive on the basis of a misunderstanding on YOUR part. Psylo has been here since his return on a VERY short leash and I check out all of his posts to make sure there are no problems, so was well aware of this thread as it was happening. While there is nothing wrong with you misunderstanding psylo in the first place, you then at the very least have to take responsibility for the consequences of that misunderstanding. Your language problems can't be an excuse for everything, especially if it affects others. But rather than apologising and dealing with the fall out you escalated this thread. The only reason psylo was so restrained is because he is... well, restrained. Anyone else would have let fly in that situation.

again you make it up, i handed the olive branch and said i'm good with psylo, but he kept ranting on, and still does.

at this thread, at some stages, i even try to post in a way, to "calm him down", but he's going off into his own projections.

Calming him down by defending your mistake?

i said i'm good with him, what more to you want??

i don't care much, if people try to put me down, but the thing is, that this type of behavior DISTURBES THE FLOW AT THIS FORUM.

Constantly complaining about technological problems in non-tech threads also disturbs the flow as has been pointed out to me repeatedly.

but not as much as, calling a mod a troll. do you say, i'm not allowed to ask, how to click???????????

it was very badly explained, and as i said, I HAVE JAVA PROBLEMS, and some buttons you all have, i did not have.

are you holding the state of my pc and my pc skills against me?

it might not disturbe the forum as much if i would always ignore what they say or display, and i do this to a large degree, but sometimes i have to fight back, because i can't tolerate this bahavior all the time.

I am still a bit puzzled what it actually is that these two have done. I can't see shruman having done anything. Please link posts rather than whole threads in case I've missed something. As for psylo, if your problem with him is based purely on that one gallery thread then I suggest you re-read it and substitute two other people for your and psylo and see if you still agree with your assessment. Are there any posts where they have actually done anything? I can't see anything in what they have posted.

they post a pic suggesting i'm a troll, how often to i have to repeat myselfe?

And shruman, if you post something like that again [regardless of whether hidden or not] you'll get a point. That's not the way to deal with this situation.

later edit:

my computer doesnt work proper, it takes me 7 attempts to make my answeres stand out in italic.

so i just give up.

one can't win an argument anyway here.

you all say, calling me a troll is ok, so i just stopp posting about it!

I think I see Kony there.

so ummm.............. wat the fucks a troll :scratchhead:

You fool why did you tell him he is enlightened? ;)

I didn't. Read the sentence carefully.

my computer doesnt work proper, it takes me 7 attempts to make my answeres stand out in italic.

so i just give up.

one can't win an argument anyway here.

You started this thread. You also repeatedly accused me [by PM] of colluding with shruman and being his friend even though I've repeatedly told you I have nothing to do with him and know nothing about him. As I explained to you, the default of the friends list is to accept automatically. That means most people on my fiends list have added themselves and I have no idea who most of them are. However you prefer to believe your own paranoid version. Just because you don't understand how the friend system works doesn't mean you are right.

I am sorry but I don't think a mod of this forum should be so freaked out by the basic technology we use here or should be so intimidated by it and constantly whinge about it. I mean, you can't even type a standard reply without complaining [see above].

I also don't think this thread was an appropriate way of dealing with a problem for a mod. Yes, we know psylo is a problem and the reports and complaints reflect this, but I've never had a report about shruman [including from you until 2 hours before you posted this thread]. If a member is a problem then I need to be told about it. This thread was never going to achieve what you set out to do and you should have known this from past experience.

You are well respected here, but posts from old timers like coin indicate clearly that you are doing damage to your reputation lately, with your paranoia being the obvious problem. A paranoid mod is hardly going to be seen as fair, stable and balanced in his approach of modding.

you all say, calling me a troll is ok, so i just stopp posting about it!

Passive aggressive bullshit has never worked with me. I have asked you to show where they called you a troll yet you are unable to link to a post where this is the case.

Fuck why is this thread still active :BANGHEAD2:

Its going absolutely nowhere, come on can't we just close it and get back to decent discussions?

"You started this thread. You also repeatedly accused me [by PM] of colluding with shruman and being his friend even though I've repeatedly told you I have nothing to do with him and know nothing about him. As I explained to you, the default of the friends list is to accept automatically. That means most people on my fiends list have added themselves and I have no idea who most of them are."

You actualy added me in this case Torsten but as you say I have no idea why. I actualy have never added anyone on friends, seems a little too much like social networking BS.

You actualy added me in this case Torsten but as you say I have no idea why. I actualy have never added anyone on friends, seems a little too much like social networking BS.

If your joking, that is an epic troll statement. :scratchhead:

see, i was right!

the paranoid person here is torsten.

i even remeber more, but i will not go there.

you know shruman, we will never be friends, but to admitt that tort did put himselfe onto your profile as a friend, means a lot to me!

tort paint's a total different picture of the issue here.

i knew he added himselfe as your friend.

i got upset, because you posted the troll pic, suggesting i'm a troll, i wanted to avoid trouble with a friend of tort, thats all.

tort will say now that this makes no difference, but it does, all i said was the truth, and he didn't wanted to accept my version.

he even said something very inmature to me via pm, because of this.

anyway, this is my last word about it.

No!!! SAB's of our lives can't end like this!

I wanna know what happens to the troll! Does it marry shruman, psylo or PH, or does it rip off it's garb to actually reveal BT underneath? And does the 'egotistical cocksucker' get it on with incog, as behind all the harsh words, it's more like a boy pinching a girl he likes?

It CAN'T be the end!!!

Stay tuned, dear viewer, as our adventures continue next week!

I always hoped to see an on-screen pillow fight between Barbara Eden & Elizabeth Montgomery.

That's my latest 2cents worth, in this compelling, captivating thread.

tort will say now that this makes no difference, but it does, all i said was the truth, and he didn't wanted to accept my version.

he even said something very inmature to me via pm, because of this.

It does make no different because your accusation was not about whether I added shruman to my forum friend list, but about whether shruman is my friend. You did not mention the forum friend list until the second PM. Like I said, I have no idea how 2/3rds of the people on my list got there because I have left it to accept friends automatically. I also have no idea why shruman is on there and have no recollection of adding him. If i did then it was probably because I was testing a forum feature or by accident [the friend button used to be next to the PM button]. I don't know and I don't care. You should be able to accept my word when I tell you that I don't know him. Whether shruman is on my list makes no difference because the list does not represent who my friends are.

You are probably right cos I can't find a friend request from you in my inbox which would be there if you requested it. Still have no idea how or why.... not that it really matters.

I guess the fact you made that post should be evidence enough that we are not colluding , LOL.

and LOL @ eatfoo. yes it would be. But I think he is right.

Yes we are not in collusion.

The only time Torsten & I have ever discussed PH was when Torsten gave me & my partner a guided tour of the nursery. Torsten showed me a few grafts you had done & had a few funny things to say & that is it.

Now you mention it Torsten the PM button mixup is probly likely for you as we were exchanging PM's at the time you added me as a friend. We were chatting about my autistic son at the time from memory.