The Corroboree
Amazonian

SAB Signature, How To...

How can I add a small picture from my computer, to my signature.? I have had a few goes at this, and have not worked out how to do it. There is no ' use full editor' to use, so i cant upload from my computer?. Any suggestions?

LOL, yeah... i make all this fuss, and then when / IF you all see the pic' , you will be like.... all for that!

not that, I just hate all the extra page space that sig pics take up, especially when Im using my netbook.

It is only a small -ish image, and it would only be temporary . You can tap the 'X' near the sig' if some are too big, and are hogging pages :). But that gets me to wonder... lets say you removed all signatures from view, then the overall page numbers would be reduced in a thread?, but wouldn't that make you out of synch' with a thread. If i said go to page 5, and you only had 3 pages.... :scratchhead: .

Anyway...back to me... Any one work out how to add pics/images yet? .

1. The Corroboree
  2. → Your control panel
  3. → Settings
  4. → Signature

But if you cant see the "insert image box" your probly on a phone? You can just type the [ img ] tags yourself.

IE

[img=http:\\host.site\image.jpg][/code]

Edit: edit, edit.

Edited by eatfoo
  • Like 1

It is only a small -ish image, and it would only be temporary . You can tap the 'X' near the sig' if some are too big, and are hogging pages :). But that gets me to wonder... lets say you removed all signatures from view, then the overall page numbers would be reduced in a thread?, but wouldn't that make you out of synch' with a thread. If i said go to page 5, and you only had 3 pages.... :scratchhead: .

Anyway...back to me... Any one work out how to add pics/images yet? .

sweet, i'm hiding everyone's signature ! First one chnt then razzledazzle's fresco :wink:

why would the pages change. 25 posts is still 25 posts........

Pretty sure Torsten has asked people not to do it as it hogs page space & bandwidth. To also limit the amount of lines in your sig aswell.

No he just asks that its less than 10 lines equivalent, sorry:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11399&hl=signature&fromsearch=1

Edited by shruman

Thank you eatfoo, but i still don't see 'insert image'... There is 'image', but it asks for a URL ?..., there is 'my media', but that is only for stuff already here in the Gallery. Are you saying with the method you went through, you could get that signature directly from 'my Pictures' on your computer ?. I am on a laptop using fire fox, not mobile phone.

@ Dready, yeah, 25 posts is still 25 posts, but once you remove all signatures, then i am sure it would cut the amount of pages down a bit?

@shruman, i am aware of keeping it simple. I understand Torstens concern though. But what i have in mind, will take um like 1cm more than i am already using (smaller than yours infact) and it will be temporary. :)

Yes, you need to use the URL of the image. Wether thats hosted in "your gallery" or at a different image hosting site such as imageshack (what i used).

It is exactly the same as posting an image in a post from what i call tell. So if you usualy use a method to post pictures, theres no reason i can see as to why it wouldnt work in the signature editor.

Edited by eatfoo

@ Dready, yeah, 25 posts is still 25 posts, but once you remove all signatures, then i am sure it would cut the amount of pages down a bit?

Say WHAT ? The default forum settings are 25 posts to a page. You could have 25 "+1" comments or 25 thousand word posts - its still 25 posts per page

Have you been :bong: ?

:lol:

Edited by Psylo Dread
  • Like 1

Say WHAT ? The default forum settings are 25 posts to a page. You could have 25 "+1" comments or 25 thousand word posts - its still 25 posts per page

OHHH, i was un aware that it was 25 posts per page. I thought it was to do with megabytes per page ( although i dont know where i got that idea),lol.

PS; I really new this all along and i was just testing you Psylo Dread. :blush:

Yes, you need to use the URL of the image. Wether thats hosted in "your gallery" or at a different image hosting site such as imageshack (what i used).

It is exactly the same as posting an image in a post from what i call tell. So if you usualy use a method to post pictures, theres no reason i can see as to why it wouldnt work in the signature editor.

Ah, again with the imageshack/photobucket . I went through this same scenario about a year ago trying to post a photo in a PM.

I can upload pics directly from my documents when posting in a thread. I go to 'More Reply Options' (next to 'post' button)(which use to be 'use full editor')..It then opens up with 'attach files' (bottom left) 'choose files'.. Then i can get any pics directly from my computer without having to upload them to imageshack first. In the settings where the 'signature' is, there is no 'more reply options'.

Thanks for your help though eatfoo, and i could use the method you use. (not quite what i wanted, but it should end up the same?!). I willl have to muck around a bit.... and see if i still remember my password for Photobucket?. All this for a little pic'. sheesh, Too much attention now, you will all be watching to see what i have in store???!!! :P:)

I dont think i have misunderstood you eatfoo, but if so, let me know.

Edited by Amazonian

fuck photobucket, just upload it into your forum gallery, get the direct url link and stick it in your sig.

that is... if you MUST have a sig picture :wacko:

• Like 1

It better be a photo of you kissing Black Santa Clause

fuck photobucket, just upload it into your forum gallery, get the direct url link and stick it in your sig.

that is... if you MUST have a sig picture :wacko:

But that would spoil the suprise. But maybe.

I have just noticed that there is a space for a sig' whether you have a sig' or not... ?

EDIT: No, its a space due to the details under the avatar. Gee i am blonde today.

Edited by Amazonian

Well, you could reply to this thread and post the image. Then use the URL to display it in your sig.

Its pretty basic, i think you know how it works now. It just needs to be uploaded ANYWHERE.

i6xqp4.jpg Took less time then this reply to upload to tinypic (no account required)

I don't get the whippet good picture eatfoo..

• Like 1

:). all i had to do was add the pic' to a PM and then i could access it as 'my media' :)

Yeah, i know...all for that,lol.

EDIT: bigger would have been better,oh well. :)

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

:) i had it bigger, but it reverts back to small,lol. I will get what i want eventually. Thanks eatfoo .

EDIT..ah,,, its BIGGER,lol

Edited by Amazonian

haha cute sig amz