The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Amazonian

Buying a juice extractor

I want to get back into fruit/vegetable juice and I have a juice extractor that was given to me some 20 years ago, so its a bit of a dinosaur . Its a Black and Decker Juice Factory. It still works, and is not too fiddly to clean, but i find it shreds a lot of material (fruit/veg'), and fails to extract all of the juice. I would like to juice things like spinach and i know this juicer would not suck all the goodies out of something which doesn't have a lot of liquid to start off with. So i am wondering if anyone can recommend a good juicer or even ones to avoid? I used the search engine, but only found stuff on extractions,lol. Thanks in advance.

:)

cold press juicers are supposed to be the best, they keep all the nutrients intact instead of shredding them to pieces, the only problem is that they are expensive... but ideally that would be what you're looking for.

I hadn't heard of a 'cold press juicer' before. They look good and can do wheat grass too. A quick look through eBay gave me an indication on price....starting from $250 to like $1600. I will read some reviews. Thanks chnt.

fairy's uncle gave one to her dad that's worth $1600... it's supposed to be the shit.

The 'Ford GT Phase 3' (mercedes benz ) version of juicers .... i can imagine.

They say the cold press juicers don't kill the beneficial enzymes in the juice.

I bought a Lexen hand crank one off ebay. I was a bit sceptical as it's made from plastic but it is very sturdy and works well. There is still some juice in the pulp so it's not perfect but for the money it was OK. I got mine for 50 bucks delivery included but I can't find them for that price anymore.

http://lexenproducts.com/

Edited by SallyD

Yeah, the more i read about the cold press juicers, the more i want one. They are the way to go for sure. I went to Harvey Normans and The Good Guys stores tonight, (as i was looking for a cheap digital box) and they didnt really have much in the way of juicers. I buy stuff from eBay, but if i am spending a bit of money, i like to have a good look and feel of the product first. I might check out some of those kitchen appliance stores. Thanks for the replies guys. :)

Good on you Amaz! Shop local!

They say, (so they say), that a Champion juicer is the way to go. But one of the health food shops I shop at has another brand they recommend as just as good, and it looks mechanically identical.

If I'd ever had the money I'd have got one years ago, plus a food dehydrator for all the garden produce I couldn't eat or bottle soon enough. They are kitchen items that are a bit like it was for our grandmothers and great grandmothers, to have a Fowlers bottling set up, (which I have, and am looking forward to trying out with xylitol instead of sucrose).

Edited by curaezipirid