The Corroboree
Torsten

Reptyle's nudity

For those who noticed reptyle's images of his painted penis and discussed the need to censor or otherwise, here is why we did what was done.

Many members read these forums in public places [eg work] or with their family hovering round. It is netiquette and forum policy to make sure that any rateable content is CLEARLY marked as *NSFW* so that the viewer can make a choice as to the timing of the viewing experience. While there is not a lot of stuff we would censor if clearly marked this way, ANY rateable image in the gallery is prohibited simply because it is impossible to provide such warnings - in particular while the image is in the 'new images' preview strip on the forum homepage.

So while we have no issue with the images reptyle posted [although he should have probably picked a warmer day for the experiment ;)], it is the location that is the problem. I also have a problem with reptyle's continued inconsiderate approach to these forums and the volunteers that help moderate.

• Like 3

While I didn't have issue with the pics, and don't visit the forum at work anyway (IMO the whole site, and many core subject matters are NSFW), Torsten's comment makes me think.... there's a new feature that people might consider if posting controversial images. Use the technology ! (works in threads, probably not in the gallery)

NSFW

Third Icon from Right in the reply control panel.... Special BB Code - Spoiler

frednile3-420x0.jpg

• Like 4

thankyou torsten

i myself wasnt happy to see it there

i didnt think it was necessary to be posted on here and when i mentioned it in the chat everyone kinda dug into me about it saying its fine its not bothering anyone and well it certainly bothered me

as you said i dont really have a problem with it so much

but i came on in the morning and it was right infront of my face and its definately not something i want to see

i dont really think this is the place for things like that to be posted

but if it was somehow private and not right at the top of the home page

then it wouldnt have bothered me

im glad you felt the same way

First thing i saw after waking up this morning was Reptyles Penis. Thats one of the few things i´ve never hoped to happen to me in my life. :wink:

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 4

While I didn't have issue with the pics, and don't visit the forum at work anyway (IMO the whole site, and many core subject matters are NSFW), Torsten's comment makes me think.... there's a new feature that people might consider if posting controversial images. Use the technology ! (works in threads, probably not in the gallery)

NSFW

Third Icon from Right in the reply control panel.... Special BB Code - Spoiler

a>

I think I'll keep that one hidden thank you!

I certainly don't have a problem with nudity and am quite amused by people's desire to show what they have [or lack], so this is in no way about the content. if this had been posted in a NSFW thread then I wouldn't have even given it a second thought. But the way it was posted was inconsiderate of others and I am sure this was probably intentional.

Psylo, thanks for reminding about that feature. This is very good especially for people who reply in a thread that has not been adequately marked as NSFW. we might need to use that more frequently so the members get used to it.

Didnt bother me so much that they were NSFW. I didnt realy dig the endless 'strip' of phalic images though

test

Edited by Chef_
  • Like 2

Is there any possible way to upload photos into an album but not appear on the feed at the top?

I've wanted to upload a few photos before to link to in posts but didn't want to bump off better pictures on the feed,

I had a good laugh at it Torsten, but I have a weird sense of humour. I can understand how others may be offended/shocked.

Many members read these forums in public places [eg work] or with their family hovering round. It is netiquette and forum policy to make sure that any rateable content is CLEARLY marked as *NSFW* so that the viewer can make a choice as to the timing of the viewing experience.

Yeah, i was sitting on the couch one day, looking at the forum with Miss 10 at my side, when i went to this post... http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28598&st=25 and I couldnt exit the page quick enough . Eeek! :P .

• Like 1

First thing i saw after waking up this morning was Reptyles Penis. Thats one of the few things i´ve never hoped to happen to me in my life

LOL

Yeah, i was sitting on the couch one day, looking at the forum with Miss 10 at my side, when i went to this post... http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28598&st=25 and I couldnt exit the page quick enough . Eeek! :P .

That was potent, glad I clicked through lol :BANGHEAD2:

I missed the said pics, not really complaining though hahaha

Much as I understand the reasoning behind removing the images (I have reported members for having nsfw content without a warning in the past), I really don't think this case was such a big deal. Only ONE of the pictures in question actually displayed any genitalia, and it took me a moment to realise what I was looking at. If the popped up while I was browsing at work, I don't think I would be too concerned about it. Having said that, I think the removal was necessary (at least for one of the images) because some people DID have a problem with it, and as stated, there is no way to provide a warning on the gallery. It is not censorship, because there is nothing stopping reptyle from uploading to a thirdparty site and linking, or attaching directly to a post, and having a warning.

I was actually more taken aback by myco's reaction though. There was no attempt to enter into a dialogue, and if he really felt that the member needed to be banned, he should have reported it to a mod. His response was just pointless abuse. It was a direct attack on the other member without any attempt to explain why he felt angry or what could be done to remedy the situation. It came across more about a lifestyle judgement than about any nsfw issues. Y'know, like if the same comment was made about a picture of two men holding hands. I still can't help feeling that maybe myco just thinks people who paint with their dick are sick fucks and it has nothing to do with being worried about nsfw content being on the main page with no warning.

And what's with everyone making fun of the size of his cock? Apparently the average length is five and a bit inches, so the chances are that most people who commented are substantially smaller than reptyle :P

• Like 1

And what's with everyone making fun of the size of his cock? Apparently the average length is five and a bit inches, so the chances are that most people who commented are substantially smaller than reptyle :P

Isn't it just proper netiquette that if someone posts a picture of their cock on a forum for all to see, you should always make fun of the size, regardless of whether it is big or small? :P

Edited by Alice
  • Like 3

Maybe, but it's not very clever or creative.

I know it's just joking around, but I think it's great that someone has the confidence to post pictures like that, and making the predictable comments about size only reinforce the perception that we should be embarrassed by our bodies.

• Like 1

my comment may have been harsh ballzac

but it pissed me off that it was there

and yes if your going to naked pictures of yourself on this forum i do think your a fucken freak

everyone has thier own opinion and that is mine :)

and yes if your going to naked pictures of yourself on this forum i do think your a fucken freak

And that's fair enough, but your comment was a direct attack, not just an expression of your opinion. It's like the difference between saying "I hope you OD you druggie scum" and expressing an opinion that drug use is detrimental and/or immoral. Or the difference between saying "go back to your own country" and using a reasoned argument to express an opinion about immigration policy. Yeah?

Methinks maybe you're just a little uneducated. I don't mean that as an insult. I just think that most people who have been around a lot of artists, or studied art at a higher level would not have that kind of reaction. There have been many texts written on aspects of art like this. How much the process is a part of the expression. I mean, you can use a brush to get exactly the same result as if you use your penis to paint. Does the end result have the same meaning? Or is there something about using a particular process that gives a power to the artwork that could otherwise not be achieved. You have to admit, those images provoked a response that would not have been elicited if only the end result, the paint on the canvas, was shown. Whether or not the reaction obtained was the desired one we can only surmise, but your own reaction proved the point that the process of creating the artwork conveyed something powerful and had the ability to elicit a strong emotional response.

Unfortunately I'm not an art scholar, but it would be good if anyone who's studied art could weigh in.

Methinks maybe you're just a little uneducated.

sounds like a direct attack to me ballsack

by the way saying im uneducated because i dont want to see pictures of a guys dick is the stupidest thing i've heard

i think that says more about your own education

I think a difference is that you think repytle should be banned for sharing his opinions.

Im confused why the the second pic was removed? The one from behind with just his ass and hanging something up? If that is considered NSFW then a whole bunch of pics on here should also be taken down.

Its funny the thread that amazonian linked to seemed to go unnoticed because its some randoms guys dick but when its someone posting of themself its suddenly offensivet?

Its just a doodle, come on people. And a stretched, vibrant yellow one at that!

• Like 1

god bless you reptyle, and your painted yellow penis

well if this was my forum i would ban people for putting nude pictures of themselves on here

they might get a warning first but i'd probly just ban them

AGAIN THIS IS JUST MY OPINION

WICH I BELEIVE I AM ENTITLED TO HAVE AN OPINION SO GET OVER IT

• Like 1

As for the size of my penis... i penetrated your world with it so i guess that makes it bigger than all yours.

Bonanza !

I think that not only myco, but his most vocal critics, both need to chill the fuck out. Not every thread or another's opinion you disagree with need a big, wordy rebuke.

Seeing some definite new trends lately, that's for sure.

And reptyle, I think you have a lovely yellow penis.