The Corroboree

so i grafted this lil dude today do you recon he's an albino ???

i have to say it looks a little bit whiter in person

it was pretty difficult to get a shot of i need a macro lens for my camera

gallery_7473_420_395690.jpg

gallery_7473_420_236998.jpg

its pretty hard to tell at such a young age but it would be awesome if it was albino maybe once it has grown a bit more we will be able to tell

i am no expert but that looks like it is lacking chlor does it not?

either either it looks pretty sweet to me :) (diff topic is it hard to graft to peers (even though i hear it is easy) because the growth rings are so little?)

i thought the same jwerta

although im pretty hopeful it has no green pigment at all

just has a slight pinkish colour on the top the rest is completely white almost clear

cant really say chef i've only done 1 before it worked though

this lil albino guy is only my second one i did another 2 today aswell

If the rest in the tray are nice and green you could have an albino or a variegated baby. From my experience with a trich that was much the same when grafted it slowly turned green with small amount of variegation. It has now been potted out and is on its own roots and there are new pups on the pere graft so now its a mater of wait and see.

Your graft looks good keep us posted on the outcome

Cheers

Got

cheers got

i thought myself maybe it was just unhealthy but the rest in the same pot are all nice an green an look fine

this guy doesnt have any green at all its almost clear

i guess i'll just have to wait it out and see wat happens hopefully it survives and stays white haha i'd love a little albino in the collection

I can see some green with red so i dont think its albino. But it could still be Variegated. Would love to see more pics later on. Most Albinos i´ve seen have some green and can grow on their own roots so i wouldnt be surprised if thats the case here. Grafting would definately take away the risk of losing it in case its an albino. But be careful. I´ve seen great Cristates go to waster because of grafting. If you decide to do it, do it right! But afer having seen your recent grafts, im sure it will be no problem for you. bye Eg

How did this grow out myco ?

Did it survive and keep its colouration ?

Most Albinos i´ve seen have some green and can grow on their own roots

Would they be true albinos if they have any pigment ? or are they just grouped in that category because of their minimal pigmentation ?

I just saw a thread about it on another ethno forum and it's got me wondering how common it is to get a true albino cactus.

yea i would love to see an update mate

Sorry guys unfortunately over about 2 months it slowly gained colour as it grew

And now looks completely normal

to be honest amongst the rest of em I would t even know wich one it was anymore there's to many there

I wish I could say I had my very own albino but unfortunately it didn't work out that way

I jumped the gun a bit there

I do have another freak in the mix though I'll post some pics up sometime next week I'm not quite sure wats going on with it

It has almost made no growth in about 8 months basically it was a failed graft that failed on 2 or 3 occasions

Until the last time when it was down to just barely the top of the loph there was almost nothing there

I was experimenting though and wanted to see wat would happen the graft took and it has grown slightly but it just looks rather fucked and odd and compared to the rest of em it has almost shown no growth

And looks really fucken weird to I'll wack up some pics see if anyone can make anything of it

• Like 1

i wouldn't give up on it yet it may still change later on, i have two small variegate lops (red/green) and the lighter of them went totally green again but is now beginning to show red patches so fingers crossed for you.

That's interesting Moses thanks mate I'll definately keep a close eye on em all and see if any begin to revert over time

As there was a couple wich had some very variegated colors as youngsters

This one I thought could have been an albino was just the one that stood out the most as having very odd coloration to it

Yeh I knw what u mean about jumping the gun, I am always showing my boyfriend my seedlings which I think are variagated or mutated and i've said it so many times he just laughs at me.

The girl who cried mutant!

There is one exceptional little variagate tho, i'l post a pic here 2mrw.

• Like 3

very nice variegate bogfrog,

i'm interested to see how she goes as i've had no luck with white or pink variegations only yellow.

True.

They certainly are a lot less hardy, I'll have to keep a close eye on this one.

I don't really understand how it grows with so little chlorophyl but the white part keeps getting taller and fatter.

Im probably jumping the gun but they are sure starting to look albino

They are either baby lophs or T. spach , i figured that once they get a bit older it wouldn't be hard to tell them apart so they were all mixed together.

albinoseedlings_zps0657bd2d.jpg

I need to learn how to graft asap

The loph seedlings will have a rounded top and the Trich's will have little ears before they develop a full head of spines.

From what I can see in your photo I think your albinos are the T spach

Cheers

Got

• Like 2

I have a loph seedling this exact same color. It came from a caespitosa williamsii seed too. I'll attach a pic (kind of blurry)

It is white, yellow, and pink. I'm not sure if it's albino or what. I most likely will try to graft it incase it is albino. Sorry for the blurry picture, my camera isn't great at taking pictures of small things.

post-12824-0-83341100-1374725242_thumb.j

post-12824-0-83341100-1374725242_thumb.jpg

post-12824-0-83341100-1374725242_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

could be I had one like that b4 never turned green, my niece got to em b4 I could graph,,,,,, im glad she didn't eat it..... shes a cactus eater

• Like 2

shes actually a opuntia cactus eater, I wouldn't let my niece near my plants... but yea I didn't mean any other cactus........we eat nopales its a cultural tradition.... sorry

Unfortunately it just was slow to turn green. It is growing very fast and is green now.