The Corroboree
Alice

New SAB webstore

sorry guys, in massive pain from a gallstone attack the last 2 days and hence very grumpy. I might get back to this discussion when I am not as tetchy.

• Like 1

Ooh that sounds horrible, hope you get well soon!

You know... our cat got that and we had to chop his penis off.. just an idea :devil::P

• Like 1

LOL, you bastard just made me laugh [laughing hurts!!]. Usually only last a day or two [every few weeks], but I am in third day this time and it's not much better yet. I am quickly coming around to the idea of surgery.

But yeah, it is seriously affecting my mood and perspective.

looks very nice!

dont they just break them up with lasers these days so they can pass naturally ?

At least it's not the old days T where you would have to piss out a couple of golfball sized stones :lol:

Good luck mate

At least it's not the old days T where you would have to piss out a couple of golfball sized stones :lol:

wrong bladder ;)

Try the lemon juice & olive oil theory for those stones. Dont know if its a myth, but it makes me happy to think of someone drinkig a cup of oil. http://www.itwillpas...lda_clark.shtml

As for white man's guilt, well if people come here as part of the colonialist elite, then sure. But for the descendants of the boatloads of Irish & English who came here as penal refugees for petty misdemeanors, its hardy their concern, as there was no choice in the matter.

Anyway, whatever, the website looks good. Who fucking cares if he's using indigenous art. We are an exploitative generation in all matters, and selective sensitivity is unwarranted. I wonder what hindu theologians think of all those filthy hippies appropriating the Aum syllable ? :wacko:

Edited by Psylo Dread

I like it a lot, and love it when the indigenous culture is represnted, even if only in art form. However, when we talk ethnobotany we are frequently talking indigenous medicine, food and all other plant use, of all kinds. It is totally appropriate to use indigenous art, should we ask the indigenous people never to use or paint in Western styles as it is inappropriate? The new store front page is truly quite beautiful, and I love the artwork.

Was interested in your discussion of Mabberley, Torsten, you said you were excited when he came over but I never found out why! Would love to hear more about this.

ps when are you next coming down to Sydney? I would love to catch up.

psylo, some years ago a NZ hospital analysed the 'product' of that cure and found it to be composed of aggregated olive oil. I always have to laugh when i hear people falling for that. It's not just the drinking of a cup of olive oil, but also the fact you're supposed to strain what comes out the other end in a kitchen strainer so you can count the results. LOL.

Was interested in your discussion of Mabberley, Torsten, you said you were excited when he came over but I never found out why! Would love to hear more about this.

As an atheist I crave a god substitute ;)

Na seriously, it was his little handbook. Since 1997 I used to take that along to every botanic garden so i could look up relationships of plants. It was an indispensable tool in what fascinated me about chemotaxonomy. Some people who crave knowledge read dictionaries cover to cover - I did that to the plant book. It's not the greatest plant book nor the most comprehensive, but in a field where relevant conciseness is hard to find, the plant book was the perfect companion in my quest. Perfection lies in accomplishing what is attempted. The Plant Book is exactly that. It is common to have grand visions and to slave away a lifetime at them, but it is an entirely other thing to spot a need or a niche and fill it perfectly.

Also, you can't get much better than running the Kew herbarium in terms of world botany kudos ;)

All this combine with the commercial direction the sydney gardens have taken the last decade or so makes me think he will bring good change. I am sure his interest in tropicals and ethnobotany will somehow influence the trends of the last decade [eg garden beds dedicated to seed companies rather than botany] and make the sydney gardens more interesting in terms of botany rather than urban horticulture.

http://en.wikipedia....David_Mabberley

ahh sydney, I had hoped this month. might still happen. will definitely let you know.

Is there a section for "new products" like on the old format. I used to watch out for new products and can't find it on the new format...

psylo, some years ago a NZ hospital analysed the 'product' of that cure and found it to be composed of aggregated olive oil. I always have to laugh when i hear people falling for that. It's not just the drinking of a cup of olive oil, but also the fact you're supposed to strain what comes out the other end in a kitchen strainer so you can count the results. LOL.

I thought it might have been a bunk home remedy... but... your explaination..... ewwwwwwww.

Is there a section for "new products" like on the old format. I used to watch out for new products and can't find it on the new format...

we must have forgotten about that. thanks for reminding. will need to see where to fit it in, but yes, I like that feature on webstores too.

psylo, have a look at this article from the lancet:

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=413022

LOL, no. They look scary. I am going to restrict sponsorship to ethnobotanical, legal and some arts matters.

• Like 1

Double Post.

When you getting mace oil back Torsten?

post-4660-0-99826800-1329126686_thumb.jp

post-4660-0-99826800-1329126686_thumb.jpg

post-4660-0-99826800-1329126686_thumb.jpg

Edited by whitewind

essential oils weren't all that popular at sab, so we are winding those up and focussing them on www.kodaphytorium.com.au

we must have forgotten about that. thanks for reminding. will need to see where to fit it in, but yes, I like that feature on webstores too.

Hi Torsten,

I look forward to this feature being back, it was always the first thing I would do. Until then, is there anything new or back in stock we should know about? I have a spot to fill.

still working on the 'new' feature. Sadly there is no feature that lists 'back in stock' items. However we now have a feature where you can register to get emailed for when an item comes back into stock. This is particularly handy when an item might not have been in stock for a few years.

Is the store still osCommerce, but with a custom frontend?

It was osc a long time ago, but has been customised for several years by the programmer. I have also commissioned several front and back end custom additions.

Just noticed that the "new products" button is back. Excellent :)

• Like 1