The Corroboree

Hello Gang :)

As I never had an 18th or a 21st I thought i'd get my shit together for some sort of 25th, and yes, you are all invited :) . It's not till March but I like the idea of a little doof somewhere, hopefully in the Otways.

So I need some help in understanding the logistics of a doof and the shit i'll need. Generator, speakers/sound system, mixing board or whatever, hopefully get some sorta decor going. And obviously a location.

I'm not sure if having some or even A dj will be possible, so i'm happy just to make a playlist of some Psy and shit and let it run for the night. But if there are any aspiring djs here or you know of any that might be keen let me know!

I was also hoping a member might have the above items that they would be willing to lend for a night or two. I understand it's a big ask giving shit out to a faceless random, all I have is my word and hopefully my trades with other members has given me some sort of trustworthy reputation lol. I'd be doing all the work and incurring all the cost so there no loss to you.

Anyway, I do mean all SAB members and friends, fellow plant heads and psychonauts are invited and encourage you to help make it and awesome night!

Thanks for reading! :wub:

• Like 1

Hey Yawning Man, all i can offer to make the night a blast ....is my company. :P .

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

Cool sounds like fun! Apo (apthecary) can do some DJ'ing maybe if you asked him nicely he might.

Ottways are lovely it would be nice to get out that way again..

I know peoples with some equipment but they hire it out so I dont think theyd be very keen on lending.

Ill let you know if i think of anything, keep us updated!

• Like 1

Sounds good Amazonian! Whats the rate for your friends equipment niggles? And do you know if apothecary checks his pms these days? But yeah, early days at the moment but it'll go fast so i'm trying to get shit sorted early on to save myself some trouble.

cheers

Well, I will ask friends about it tonight, apo lives with me so ill hassle him to check his messages, and.. and..

I know I could borrow an amp and PA, but not amazing quality.. but if you want funktion ones or some such it will proly cost. anyhows, i will ask people and get back to you!

in the distance i could see the sound. i was far away but close enough to hear the colours. my friends were making weird larfter. squeels of love were echoing through the forest.it was then i realised i was home...................................

and then it began

• Like 2

Hey niggles, just letting him know for now would be great man.

This is already looking like a huge effort. One that would probably only feel worth doing if the numbers were big enough. Which makes me think of actually putting on a doof.

If you dont hit the numbers for an out of town bush party, consider something central to your mates, so you get the numbers up and more people can get to, but with a unique angle ie trance DJ's, lighting guys, decorations and so forth. Years ago I put on a party for a friend, "hired" out a private room in a pub for $1, and organised my own bands (which a few of us paid for, they were in reasonable demand in the Sydney scene at the time) our own food, a free jukebox with my own selections for people to choose music between bands etc. Everyone simply paid for their own drinks, and the pub put on enough staff and security to deal with blow-ins. As a private party, they also turned a blind eye to a lot of the goings-on that would have been unacceptable in the regular parts of the pub. WIth a couple of hundred 'mates' the vibe was a completely different one to just going out on the piss. Way more festive and good natured.

Not as attractive as your suggestion I know, but a plan B if out-of-town location proves to be a challenge for attendees (keep in mind all the "Hell Yea" RSVP's, and in reality how many will back out due to distance). And heaps of pubs are happy to get the extra business over the bar without charging your a room fee.

Not a bad idea Psylo. In all honesty if it all fizzles out i'll probably just go camping with an mp3 player and some speakers or something. I've asked over at Oztrance for some help and already have a possible location.

I think the biggest hurdle will be any costs involved with getting dj'ing equipment. Being jobless makes it a bit of a whore. I could always charge people but fuck, i'd rather money not be involved at all!!!

I'll post updates as shit progresses. Actually when I think about it this is probably the biggest thing i've ever done. Wish me luck.

peace

How does the date 23rd - 24th of March sound to everyone?

I'll get in contact with a few mates on facebook who organise a lot of the ones up my way Victoria may be a bit of a mission but I'll definitely see what I can do

• Like 2

I am glad that i didnt have to use my kids facebook login details to read the info' in the above ^ ^ ^ link (you know, as i am facebookless). It sounds like its coming along nicely Yawning man. I am looking forward to it :)

eyyyyyy

For those of you who are keen on coming i'm letting you know that it's been postponed. Damn finances :wave-finger:

Thats a shame YM.. :( .

I dont think my car was up to a long drive anyway..

:)