The Corroboree
sharxx101

NE VIC Camping Trip 2012

VIC camping trip 2012!!!!

The camping / fishing / adventure trip will be on the We may have to change the date to the weekend of the 16th of March as alot of members will be away. How does the 16th/17th/18th of March. This is due to a part being on that previous weekend and heaps of members wont be able to make that date/ I look forward to fishing/ drinking and having a good time with the crew.

Ask PD fro the location as I am unsure of where it is and I get lost easy :

Only true members are welcome :) as this will be great time to kick back in the bush and do a spot of fishing. First person to catch a cod except for PD will get a prize so its on!!!

I will have a nice raft I bought recently for a rubber place, will be fun!!!

I also checked this weekend and there is no boat races on so perfect for fishing

Hope to see you all there

Edited by sharxx101

Had a brief yarn with sina and mu about another camp, same spot as the last one up this way. Is a nice secluded spot that very rarely has any other campers and is easy to find.

• Like 1

I am always keen to camp. But bit of a hike huh? How about we camp in my back yard, :P

I'm keen,

but as most of you would know I'm 99% talk ;)

If a date was set I would try to come along.

My birthday is in Feb, I wanted to go camping anyway. Make my birthday and lets all go camping in Feb!

is this open to everyone?

<----> you must be this groovy to enter.

damn my sub-par nemicolopterus level sab union card...

hopefully, though, ill be able to join you all for some laughs

Yeah my birthday is in Feb so if I can get a ride from Sydney then I'm definitely down as I had to pull out of the fishing trip a couple years ago.

If it's in the same spot as before by memory it's not too far from the NSW border???

Yeah my birthday is in Feb so if I can get a ride from Sydney then I'm definitely down as I had to pull out of the fishing trip a couple years ago.

If it's in the same spot as before by memory it's not too far from the NSW border???

Yeah mate same spot I would say and it isnt to far from the border.

Good to see you post PD, I am looking forward to kicking back with you and the crew out in the bush. I just bought a new fishing rod and want to try catch a murray cod .

So lets set a date as it aint far away.

This will be a good camp out with the crew and a lot of fun like the last camping trip.

I am glad to see a lot of interest for this camping/ fishing adventure :)

Edited by sharxx101

BUMP ity bump fellow travellors

lets set a date. i work nights and find it VERY difficunt to get away on weekends. so i'd like to tentatively suggest a date(not yours) but tues 24th Feb meet up there bang on till thurs 26th. i know i i know its midweek but shut the front door if i can make it on the weekend. is this kinda aight for others.

input insert here(...............)

or "fuck off midweek is a ridiculous suggestion brother cosmos!" to said camping activity ??

kind regards

the filter is blocked

>>>please add you distaste/agreement/suggestions to this post

• Like 1

Hey mate,

The 24th of feb is a Friday so it is good for me, what does everyone else think?

Jan 24th is a tuesday...... is that when you meant Eth? I can do then, after the end of jan school hols are over so i can only do weekends then......

I went out to the site for a few days during the week, the river is very high atm but id expect it to go down again if there is some more rain on the way. Did a little fishing and got 3 cod, one monster 75cm, one 56cm and one tiny lil one about 25cm also caught a carp on cheese for the first time. The conditions were right though, river rising and hot days with hardly a breeze. I didnt really do much fishing after the first day catching the 2 bigger fish. Anyways, i got a pic of the big cod, i brought him home then decided to let him go, he swam off happily into the river, just cant kill the big ones anymore. I think its a bit of a waste especially when i dont enjoy the flavour as much compared to other freshwater fish like redfin which are feral in the hume dam. Ill put up a pic of him later.

24th of Feb means it's more likely I'll be able to convince somebody worthy with a car that we should go on a road trip. I know uni will be starting not long after so it might be good to have nice relaxing few days by a river before I go back to studying.

Would be awesome to kick back with you all, will have to wait on the date and see how much my "other life" is having an influence on me.

So lets decide a date?

I am sorry etheral, I can't do week days due to work, only weekends are good for me. I think most of the crew are the same. It would be great if you could get a weekend off to come catch a cod.

How is the 24th of Feb or March the second for everyone else ? I will be bring a few friends a long that are keen anglers and I may even have a tinie or rubber dingy to bring up for the adventure.

It would be good if we can decide a date in the next week or so :)

• Like 1

Ill leave it up to you guys to nut out a date..... man, that just doesnt sound right at all. "Hey peter, what did you get up to last night?" "Oh not much really, it was a tad boring so i went and saw jeffery who, to my surprise told me he would like to nut out my date"...... Thats filth PD, god you are an idiot cant you just grow up and show just a hint of maturity.

It wasnt me.

Anyways, like i was saying before Etherealdrifter took over my brain and dropped it in the gutter, i wont put in my 2c for a date, if its after school hols then i can pretty much only do weekends, if its before then im good to go any time. Be good if you could make it to this one Indigo :), i think the one you missed was when it absolutely pissed rain, a few ppl didnt make it due to the weather but we still had an awesome time

A boat would be sweet if you could wrangle that sharxxie, cover heaps more area and find the deep holes where the huge buggers live. The site has plenty of shade and it aint tinder dry as it can be some years but ill setup the gazeebo regardless, is good to have a 100% shaded area for eskies and assorted goods. Chairs or hammocks are a good idea to bring along although getting sina out of your hammock may be a problem. If ya gonna bring your fishing rod then id suggest getting some braided line around the 30lb mark, it will save you hooks and sinkers if you get snagged as the hook will generally bend before the line snaps and if you hook a big fish it wont break the line either. I have 30lb braid and havent snapped it at all even though my rods are often left sitting out in the sun which can ruin line fast. You dont need huge fishing rods either, just a good quality 5 to 6ft spinning setup would be good enough, not too light though! Braid, must have the braid!!!!! Fishing licenses ya can get at lots of places (the servo here sells them if ya need) and ya can get them for one day or up to one year, if you have a pension card ya dont need a fishing license.

I have been thinking about getting a shower/toilet for camping also, see how funds go but i should have it sorted by the time you guys get ya nuts out of Ethereal drifters arse.

mmmmmm slow cooked lamb shanks, man they are good, which reminds me, gotta clean the bloody camp oven from last weeks adventure. Woooo campin woo.

blah blah blah woo.

• Like 2

LOL PD, you are in fine form this morning. I am still keen on this camping trip, i just hope my car luvs me enough to get me there and back.

Also, is it still illegal to throw carp back into the river ? I am not up with the fishing laws anymore, but it was law to leave any carp on the river bank? I hate to see animals suffer, so, if this is what you guys do, maybe i shouldnt go?. What is the fine anyway?

yeh ya cant throw carp back but i use them in my shrimp net anyways Amz so they dont go to waste. If its a clean looking one why not cook it up and try it? I have tried them before and if i didnt know it was carp i would have eaten it all, to be honest it was better than the murray cod i caught on the same outing. I tried cooking carp many ways when i was younger and found a few good methods but a mate reckons straight on the coals of a fire is the best way to cook them, havent tried it as yet. Cod arent really that good especially at the legal size which is 60cms, bit fatty and lots muddy, ya cant beat redfin. I reckon they made the legal keeping size as such so more ppl would be inclined to throw them back rather than eat them, much much better eating at around 40cms but to be caught in possession of an undersize fish could mean losing all your fishing gear, boat if you are in one and a huge fine.

i just hope my car luvs me enough to get me there and back.

If there is a few coming from melbs youd be able to get a ride im sure, failing that why not jump on the train? only cost around $30 for a return ticket (conc) and i could get ya from the train station, easy.

LOL.

sorry guys , i was taught differently and go off the ancient Macedonian calender, you know... now is then, tomorrow was yesterday, Jan is Feb and so forth.

So far be it from me to organise times, dates and spaces etc

afaik. kk.

The petal and i really wanna come(so i'll get my shit together about work) . so lets check out your date Sharxx :wink: , nut out your nut PD and lets go camping :lol:

we won't be leaving until around 5am on the Sat morning so, seeyas for breakfast muthas.

looking forward to this , we're not fishermun per se ...........but have been watching "IFish" religiously for codpiece tips.

yeh ya cant throw carp back but i use them in my shrimp net anyways Amz so they dont go to waste. If its a clean looking one why not cook it up and try it?

If there is a few coming from melbs youd be able to get a ride im sure, failing that why not jump on the train? only cost around $30 for a return ticket (conc) and i could get ya from the train station, easy.

As long as the death of the carp is humane. I have heard that peeps mince up carp and make patties....not for me but....vegohead here.

As for catching the train, um, you have seen my camping set up PD, i dont think i can back pack a 70kg tent etc...on the train,lol. But as it is only for a weekend, i might leave the big tent at home and travel light (that way my car wont bottom out). My car should be fine though, just the auto keeps slipping or something?!.

So lets make a date yes yes yes.

is this open to everyone?

no police please

edit: not saying you're a cop :P

Edited by Distracted

So the 24th Feb it is?

Even if I can't get a tinnie I will be able to bring a kick ass rubber dingy. We will just have to tie a line to shore so it doesn't get taken by the current.

I look forward to having a fish with you PD, Etheral and amazonian. If you don't want to kill the carp I will, and they will goto go use as fertiliser :)

I will also bring some lamb and spuds to cook, its making me hungry just thinking about.

This will be a kick ass camping trip with the crew and should have some fun like last time.

If the 24th of Feb is good I will change the original post and we can start getting ready as it will come around quickly

Can't wait :)