The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Khala

New Corroboree Looks

Hey Torsten, etc., and everyone in the community.

This is not really a bitch/gripe but it is just me expressing my discontent with the new looks. It is pretty much identical to facebook, and nearly every website is fitting the 'like' and popularity trends and it makes me feel uneasy to be in a place like this. I treated Corroboree as my sanctuary on the internet where I could get a break from the cold, non-human style of social networking but now it has become similar.

I understand my voice won't be enough to do anything and it's T's forum, I have no complaints about that, just wanted to say it has taken away a little part of my day and I am sad about that.

Thanks for reading, peace.

P.S. sorry if there is already a thread regarding these changes.

Its only temp man. :wink:

for reasons I can't grasp the forum software uses a different css everytime they upgrade, so every time I have to work out all the goddamn colours. that's one of the reasons I avoid upgrades. On the other hand, it gives me an opportunity to tweak colours a little. It won't be staying blue, that's for sure. But colour is not my main concern. the upgrade failed several times and even the final upgrade got interrupted 5 times, so there is a good chance of functional problems. I want to wait a couple of days to make sure things are OK.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30335&view=findpost&p=337902

Hey I'm not primarily talking about the colours, I know they are getting changed, I just mean the interface, liking etc.

please keep to the other threads as this just duplicates the discussion. web design goes through phases. at the time we set up the last forum THAT was the trendy design of the day. ditto before that etc.

The reason why the like button is so prevalent everywhere is because it is a great idea [we've been trying to use the rating system in the same way for the last couple of years]. If you don't like it then don't use it.

Okay man I wasn't whinging etc. I'm just expressing that I didn't like it. No offence intended and sorry to clutter your forum.

ohhh yes you were! ;) hehehe

I personally don't like changes, makes me stressed.

But I can get used to this, this software I'm very used to, been used on a lot of other forums.

posted in wrong thread...

wahhhh! wahhhh! the colours have changed i have to cry cry cry :P

just wait for the new template this cms is more functional.

I dont get it.. I like it?

just wait for the new template this cms is more functional.

A content management system (CMS) is a system providing a collection of procedures used to manage work flow in a collaborative environment. These procedures can be manual or computer-based.

Wow!

So that's what this is called now? seems complicated.

na, CMS is really a bit different I think. This forum has an option for a CMS postal page, but I don't like that aspecy of it so not using it. Mind you, the concept of CMS and forums is moving very close together, especially with all these apps available.