The Corroboree
Torsten

Moderator discussion of forum features

I can't remember where the moderation features were (it's been ages since I've even looked in the chat) but I can't see any of them now.

have made no changes or updates, so not sure why. maybe the server move screwed something up.

i don't think so.

edit: looks like admin can. can one of the supermods click the moderator tools button, then go to Topic moderation on the left and see what is at the bottom of the menu. does it offer "view topic history"?

Nope. Un-watch all from topic is the point on the bottom. Nothing about who has hidden a Post or Thread.

Edited by Evil Genius

On a similar note. I was recently having trouble working out where it says why a thread was deleted. I just discovered that if you hover over the red, "deleted" marker next to the topic title, it says who deleted it, when, and why. Though there seems to be no equivalent data that pops up when you hover over the orange, "queued" marker.

ballzac, that's because there is also no equivalent data entry field at the time of queueing.

EG - thanks. I guess that means only admin can see which mod queued.

I meant in regards to the who and when, which would have solved hillbilly's question if it displayed them.

I'll likely be without access to a computer for a week - if other moderators could keep an eye on the pharmacology and chemistry section, that would be much appreciated.

Hi Alchemica, yes we will step in if somethings going there while you are away! :) Enjoy the Trip!

• Like 1

Added to my subscriptions. Enjoy :)

• Like 1

Mods, how do you unapprove now? I can't seem to find an unapprove button for posts. I seem to have a delete and a hide button, but the hide button does not trigger the front page 'unapproved' tag it seems.

Click the checkbox on the upper right side of the Post. Then another window opens where you can Choose "hide" or "Delete". If you wanna make the post visible again, click on the checkbox again and choose "unhide" on the upcoming window.

Oh wait, i guess you knew that already. Cant find another option than this. No Unapprove button in sight.

yes, i figure the hide button does the same thing as the 'unapprove' did before, but it doesn't seem to trigger the unapprove tag on the homepage, so this is hard to manage over longer periods of time. then again, it might fix itself after a few days of cache issues

Just tried to suspend someones account for a few weeks and it seems that the new moderation menue only has a fraction of the option the one before had. Could only chose "warn member" and for the reason i chose from the pulldown menue, i could only give verbal warnings. Is there a way to get the full set of mod-options back?

Supermods, can you please try if you can access the typical Moderation menue for users? You know, the one where you suspend someones account and shit. :)

give it a try now. some settings have changed, but I should be able to get back all the features for you.

Hi T, no its not working. Only thing i can do is give people a verbal warning. lol.

seems system has changed a bit. I have set it so you can now vary the number of points for any infringement. so if you give 3 points for one offence then it should atomatically ban that person. I have also disabled the automatic deletion of points.

please try it.

Everything seems to be working now! Thanks! Havent really tried every single option out till the end but i was able to choose the most important features like suspending/banning/etc.

Hey everyone - apologies for my absence lately. I'm unwell and would appreciate taking some time off to get back to a healthier place.

If there are people who would like to help out where needed, maybe you guys could sort that out?

Thanks and best wishes to all :)

Hi Alchemica, we will keep an eye on your forums. These days many members here have difficult times so we definately feel you. Hope all sorts out and that you´ll be here more oftenly again in the future. Take care! bye Eg

• Like 1

Hi Torsten, Just realised i cannot lower warn points anymore. Can you somehow fix the permissions for this please? bye Eg

Hi Mods, as you know we upgraded a couple of weeks ago. So if there are any features that weren't working before, hopefully they are working now. if not then please let me know and I will look into it.

sign up of new members with gmail addresses and most private domains is working fine now. I even got one hotmail validation completed today, so even hotmail might be allowing some through now [a further 20 hotmail applications didn't work]. To help new members along I am letting a lot of people in who i would normally make wait a few weeks. This has caused some spam which is unfortunate because google often picks it up before we can delete it. So I have now put any sign up that doesn't come from an aussie IP onto mod preview. This means you will likely see many spam posts appearing in your mod preview. Please let me know when you encounter them by linking directly to the offending post. I can then delete user and post [this is done in a single operation from admin panel]. There is no need for you to delete them as they are already invisible. Ther eis also no urgency for me to delete them as google can't see them.

Let's see how this new system works for a while.