The Corroboree
Torsten

Forum upgrade happening in the next few days.

OK, no screenshot just yet, the dodgy changed skin doesnt seem to have a photo upload option, and for the life of me I cant change the settings back to the blue. Have closed browser and re-opened, but the settings seem to be locked into my username, not my cache.

So yea, dont try this at home kids. Pain in the ass. Put up with the blue for now.

You can change it back, but the actual options aren't visible once you click on the link to change theme. You have to guess where to click and it seems you can only change it to mobile, but from there it is easy to change it back to the blue theme.

in regards to changing the skin when you first change it if you go to the end of the url you'll see "NewSkin=X", with X being a number 1 to 4 i think. 1 is the "original" blue skin. of course if you change url's, empty cache etc it's gone, so use back button or you browser history to navigate to where you first changed the skin and do it that way.

SAB store website is looking good Torsten.

It's the perfect mix of modern and dreamtime.

• Like 3

I havnt checked the store going to have to give it a sus.

My themes like psilo's

32db5336.jpg

Edited by Jonstn

Australia Day? The commemoration of one of the high points in British penal and racist imperial atrocities? Celebrated by many with some good ol' fashioned wog bashing and American style flag-waving? No thanks! I think I'd rather celebrate the birth of some random Jewish goat-herd from 2000 years ago.

i would have said something similar had i read that post a few days earlier.

interesting how both psylos and jonstns photos have my quoted post in them.

didn't even realise haha just screenshotted the top of the previous page :)

For some stupid reason, i changed the theme on my mobile phone to ' mobile version' , and i hate it !!! and there is no option now to change it..grrrrr stupido modern technology :BANGHEAD2:

• Like 1

i have to go through mini opera now for any glimpse of normality. doh!!

opera is better anyway the only thing i dont like about it is that you cant view you tube on it.

so any way i can get my email notifications working? i never get any email notifications now that this new upgrade is in effect. checked my email in the settings and it's correct :S

For some stupid reason, i changed the theme on my mobile phone to ' mobile version' , and i hate it !!! and there is no option now to change it..grrrrr stupido modern technology :BANGHEAD2:

i have to go through mini opera now for any glimpse of normality. doh!!

Ah!, i deleted cookies, history, cleared thee cache and turned my phone off and then back on and i fixed the problem ..PHEW!

opera is better anyway the only thing i dont like about it is that you cant view you tube on it.

:) mini opera is like a back up when all else fails .

so any way i can get my email notifications working? i never get any email notifications now that this new upgrade is in effect. checked my email in the settings and it's correct :S

Have you set up your "notification options" in your settings? They got wiped with the upgrade.

Amazonian you got iPhone? There's a decent app called skyfire web browser, it's like 2 bucks or something, got desktop rendering and a built in media player for YouTube etc it's handy as a mofo hhighly recommend :)

Edited by Jonstn

Jonstn, psilo, this link will return you to the default blue theme. It's a profile option saved within your username for these forums, clearing the cache won't fix it, logging out does though.. or clicking the link

WARNING: LINK MAY NOT WORK FOR ALL PEOPLE, DO NOT CONVERT TO THE PRE-3.2 THEME IF YOU'RE ALREADY ON THE DEFAULT ONE, YOU MAY BECOME STUCK

http://www.shaman-au...ettingNewSkin=1

Oh I should've pointed it out earlier... that australian day thing was a joke i couldn't resist to put in :P

Edited by Distracted
  • Like 1

Jonstn, psilo, this link will return you to the default blue theme. It's a profile option saved within your username for these forums, clearing the cache won't fix it, logging out does though.. or clicking the link

Oh I should've pointed it out earlier... that australian day thing was a joke i couldn't resist to put in :P

Ok, Im a sucker maybe. I had already returned to Blue the other day, but the inquisitive ass that I am, decided to change it BACK to goofy-styles orange, and use your link... needless to say it didnt work. Bastard. (okj I should say it didnt work for ME)

The answer is:

When in goofy-orange mode, select 'change theme' and a narrow rectangle will appear. run your cursor across it, and you will note that hyperlinks cease to exist, suggesting a gap (which I assume would be pre-upgrade, blue & mobile). The first option is still goofy-orange, the third one is back to blue, and the second one is mobile settings. If you hit on the mobile settings that's OK too, because in this mode its a pop up menu to get mack to desktop blue. Ballzac suggested this earlier, but you really dont even need to go through the mobile step.

FUCK. Thats all I have to say.

• Like 1

Just to sum it up, all these people having theme problems is just because they inflicted it on themselves, right? :scratchhead: anyone having any problems that are not of their own making and that actually need my attention?

Just to sum it up, all these people having theme problems is just because they inflicted it on themselves, right? :scratchhead: anyone having any problems that are not of their own making and that actually need my attention?

haha....well... you could take the feature away entirely, there's no point it being there. :wink:

It's the "Pre 3.2" selection.

Have you set up your "notification options" in your settings? They got wiped with the upgrade.

cool, just reset all those settings, so with any luck, my email should recieve noteifications! will see soon if ppl reply in this topic! cheers dude

Sorry psylo, i just grabbed the link from the change theme button at the bottom that's inaccessable once the theme has applied figuring if you clicked it while orange you could revert. Worked for me :/. I'm gonna edit my post so I don't make anyone else convert to pre 3.2,

Yeah basically.

I tried the theme out cause people were talking about it and I wanted to see what the fuss was all about but i've managed to come back twice. It's not the worst thing in the world... just annoying. If you could remove the option like psylo suggested it would remove the cause of the problem though.

Agreed, it's not really a problem of their own making if they clicked on the inviting "Change Theme" button next to the RSS.. more a problem of the Pre 3.2 theme being all screwed up, so why is it even an option?

Having said that, I changed it and changed it back with no difficulty, I'm using firefox.

Since the upgrade, on a few occasions when I have clicked 'new content', I get an old topic coming up and it indicates i made the last post this morning. Yet the post was made back in june.

The topic that keeps coming up in new content for me is :

Nuclear power

in Sustainable Technologies & Ethical Living

Thought you might like to know T.

cheers - Tipz

Yeah, sorry Torsten, i was having a shitty time and wanted to vent my frustration, but when i corrected the self inflicted problem, i though i would share how to fix it.....just incase anyone else is as silly as me and tried to fix something that wasnt broken :)

hey! i'm still not getting notifications. is there someone o should pm about it? dunno if i should be bothering ppl on this topic or not :S