The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
woof woof woof

juerma bonsai

very nice, thanx

seems to be a popular tree for bonsai

Penjing - Jurema Branca

Nice. Remember that coca bonsai a while back? I wouldn't forget to prune that!

Coca.jpg

excuse my very shitty example, this was a potted up runt that i made into a bonsai cause i liked its root form. I pruned the fuck out of it and root pruned, then we got a cold front and rain, anyway at least this is a good example of how not to do things lol.

med_gallery_3354_2_24657.jpg

med_gallery_3354_2_9371.jpg

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/265429_bizarre-and-strange-trees-from-around-the-world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manzanita

[They are evergreen shrubs or small trees present in the chaparral biome of western North America, where they occur from southern British Columbia, Washington to California, Arizona and New Mexico in the United States, and throughout much of northern and central Mexico. They are characterized by smooth, orange or red bark and stiff, twisting branches. There are 106 species of manzanita, 95 of which are found in the Mediterranean climate and colder mountainous regions of California, ranging from ground-hugging coastal and mountain species to small trees up to 20 feet (6m) tall. Manzanitas bloom in the winter to early spring and carry berries in spring and summer.[1] The berries and flowers of most species are edible.]

n australia

arbutus are a real bitch to transplant and such. I have a lot of experience with them in BC, and fuck are they a nightmare (well, the 2 sp. i played with anyway). Perfect looking plants for bonsai, no doubt, but one of the worst for actual bonsai due to root bitchiness.