The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psilohuasca

wandjina gardens

all i can get is well pretty much anything thats not a plant or seeds haha

I am about to make a post about that. we've got the seeds sorted out and will now send permitted seeds to WA again.

And Torsten comes through for the whole of Aus yet again :lol:

I don't know who the original poster is, but this whole post seemed quite under the bridge from the get go.

Wandjina Gardens may not even technically be a nursery yet (it is only 8 years old, but for 8 years it is for lack of a better word THRIVING), but it is still my favorite place to go hang out when i have some spare funds. I have not purchased one plant yet from SAB (Sorry Torsten), but that's because id rather drive down there, just to hang out amongst all the wonderful flora i know i wont be taking home with me :drool2: , as well as picking out the ones that get to become part of my garden. I think i would have to say that over 70% of my collection has come directly from Wandjina, and the other %30 from members on here.

I regularly take a couple of my ethno friends (1 with us here and some not) for the 2 hour drive, that is well worth the journey every time,and would be so, even if i didn't buy anything. My friends are always blown away by the place. The 2 guys that work in there are a wealth of knowledge, and awesome blokes to have a chat about your favourite plants.

Your gardens are absolutely beautiful Torsten. I particularly like the Brugmansias you got around, and the big M.hostilis at the front.

Keep up the amazing forefront work!

And for creating everything that Wandjina and the Corroboree are....I sincerely thank you. :worship:

even though i didn't really take the original poster serious right from the start, it is nice to hear that the place is indeed appreciated. Thanks for your nice comments.

Many people don't realise that we sell most 140mm pots at the nursery for the same price as the 75mm pots are in mail order, so that alone is an incentive for a visit.

Danny & Justin are passionate about the plants and love chatting to likeminded folks. The Brugs are stunning, but even when they are not, there is usually something of interest going on in the garden.

It's actually funny, but being so busy with various businesses I don't get to spend much time in the gardens and nursery anymore. Then on tuesday I spent the afternoon with earth & fire from erowid.org and we were exploring the place for interesting plants to take pics of and chat about. After 4 hours it got dark so they came back again today to do another 4 hours, LOL. It was only while exploring and showing them around that I rediscovered so many plants that we've had for ages, but that I personally now take for granted. It was good remembering how rare some of these things are [or were] and how much effort and fun went into sourcing them in the first place :)

Then on tuesday I spent the afternoon with earth & fire from erowid.org and we were exploring the place for interesting plants to take pics of and chat about. After 4 hours it got dark so they came back again today to do another 4 hours, LOL.

oh, those guy's got lucky, wandjina gardens plus tort as a guide!!

I receieved the same treatment a few years ago when my family and I visited, Torsten showed my kids all the animals I got to look at plants etc. It was a great place to visit and look forward to vistiting again next time I am up that way....

Yes, must re-iterate. A visit to the nursery is a must. I reckon it's like a pilgrimage for many people, it's often a long distance to travel and finding the track and heading up the mountain is a bit of an adventure in itself. And when you get there, there is so much to see. Most people are very excited when they arrive, and it's great when the Brugs are showing their stuff.

It was fantastic working there, I can never truly forget how much I enjoyed it, and how much I learnt. My dream is to head back North one day and help Torsten out again. But I'm sure I was always better with the plants than with the people...

Is the Wadjina garden something like Mekka is for Muslims for Entheo-enthousiasts? That pilgrimage was once on my list,... but it's half a world away. GF has family in OZ,... so who knows,....

haha woof woof, for you we'd even extend our rather restrictive trading hours ;)

would be awesome to see you some day. I hear the surfing in Byron Bay is pretty good :P