The Corroboree
myco

west aussie's trade and sell thread

Cheers fellas!

This is great guys. If any one has any aloe trees, something like dicotoma, that would be grand.

Also, I found a pretty fab nursery the other day, let me see if i can find the address. Do you guys have any favourite spots? seems like perth is really missing out with all the quarantine and import laws!

Edited by Caitlin

EDIT: taken away

This is the address, they have a tonne of advance stuff which unfortunately isn't for sale but they have cuttings off the same plants so you know how they will look in a decade or so, very nice and knowledgable lady was there working as well. However, I will warn they are a tad expensive.

Hopefully this is something you guys can go and take a look at.

Edited by Caitlin
  • Like 1

Hey caitlin. Yes this nursery is very good. Its got some beautiful cacti. Though i think its against forum rules to put addresses up

Edited by Bush Turkey
  • Like 1

oooo, I didn't know. I took it down! Thanks for letting me know politely!

Hey caitlin. Yes this nursery is very good. Its got some beautiful cacti. Though i think its against forum rules to put addresses up

It is?

Yeah they got some nice cacti

Edited by Bush Turkey

Love your work Myco. Same here, have to keep it all legal nowadays. I won't even risk it with tbm's, I know torch's are on the no no list but still see them at Bunnings... for $30... at 6-7cm tall! Extortionate!

Google "buy acacia acuminata perth" (without the parenthesis) and results 1 and 8 are the two I am familiar with.

Is that a satisfactory manner to give direction without mentioning businesses or addresses? :innocent_n:

Number 8 (a tree farm, hint) has the following;

Acacia acuminata Rasberry Jam Wattle, Jam Wattle uses-s.gifuses-wb.gif 50 mm $1.40 Yes

Buy many, plant them everywhere please! I have already set over 30 free. The best time to plant a tree was 20yrs ago (5-7 in this case ;-) ), the second best time is now.

And pleeeaaaase don't go buying powder/bark/root etc, it is NEVER ethically harvested by those seeking to make profit. I have seen trees only a few years old ripped out of the ground by 4X4's and the root stock cut off... Pointless considering the species... twigs and leaves are just fine for our purposes of making pot pouri and small carvings with this variety, esp dried but not rained on. :wink:

Also, don't listen to folks that say it can be found all over Perth. Trust me, I have hunted one end of the freeway to the other, sniffed many a leaf, from scarp to coast and bar one of two examples, you won't find a thing between the ocean and the foothills. Unless it's in someone's garden, and if you rip that, you should be gut shot and pissed on from a great height then shot again. :crux:

Have a gander at them there nurseries and let me know what you think and whether or not they are the same as the one Caitlin mentioned, I missed that bit.

Happy trails!

• Like 2

Also, don't listen to folks that say it can be found all over Perth. Trust me, I have hunted one end of the freeway to the other, sniffed many a leaf, from scarp to coast and bar one of two examples, you won't find a thing between the ocean and the foothills. Unless it's in someone's garden, and if you rip that, you should be gut shot and pissed on from a great height then shot again. :crux:

Never heard of people saying it grows in perth before except for a few public parks where it has been planted. Gotta go over the hills for it

• Like 1

wow i'd love to try check out that nursery if i ever make it up to perth again haha

can you PM me the address or website BT

Absolutely! ^ play with only leaves n twigs!

cactus nursery looks very enticing,, would love to visit also next time I'm in the big shmoke.

pity all the decent cacti are display only. They only have a few cuzcos for sale

• Like 1

still chasing frangipani cuttings, seeds and plants also chasing mango plants/trees and any other edible fruits :)

yeah seen that. They are not cheap. I know someone who wants $250 for a plant the same size. Still a rip off lol. I usually just grab cuttings when people chuck them out for green waste

• Like 1

I think the way to go is too just wait around for council garden collection, I am pretty sure you can google which suburbs are having them. I see frangipanis every single time!

• Like 1

I think the way to go is too just wait around for council garden collection, I am pretty sure you can google which suburbs are having them. I see frangipanis every single time!

Yep i just got a heap of cuttings from doing this ;)

• Like 2

Hey fellow Perthlings.

I really need to find my cacti a good home before i move out.

If anybody is interested in potted cacti, cuttings, brug cuttings of catha cuttings please come over and have a look.

Here is a little list of what i have left: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39081

Thanks peeps :)

Hey all you wonderful peeps.

Just wanted to know if anyone had sunzilla sunflower seeds they wanted to part with???

I have cash or trades

Cheers y'all

I have some that were sent as part of a trade but only labelled "Giant Sunflower". Can send pic of the seeds if you are interested mate.

Anyone have a reasonably sized loph they want to get rid of? I can only afford around $50 in money, but I have a few interesting plants/cacti to trade.

Edited by Ambient