The Corroboree
myco

west aussie's trade and sell thread

Spill....? haha I live near you Eatfoo so it would be great to know.

Edit: Permatony - I'm currently after red lava rock due to it's mineral make-up. I haven't looked in to hydroton yet, I'll check it out, cheers.

Edited by Ambient Forest
  • Like 1

Hey all! I'm after frangipani plants. All and every colour. Hit me up if you can help out. Cheers

Hey all! I'm after frangipani plants. All and every colour. Hit me up if you can help out. Cheers

Frangipani is everywhere down by the coast. I just go on up to houses and ask if I can take a cutting. I may be moving house in a few months, if so you can have my big potted one if you like. I'll PM ya if so

BT, theres a few "plant pages" on FB for Perth. The ones ive seen seem to be mostly about the buying/selling/swapping of frangipani

$_20.JPG

Selling a few Pachanoi link to the marketplace is here

BT I have a massive frangipani if you would like some cuttings...

does anyone have any melted wax bridge

something I've always wanted to add to the collection and always forget to try find a cut

The Perth South of the River gardening groups (2 mainly) on FB have tons of Frangi's, and heaps of other really interesting stuff too! I got some variegated mugwort from a lady who swapped it for a strawb plant. Mugwort from seed, I learned, will revert back to it's original single coloured leaves. They only way to keep the freak strain alive is transplanting.

Lots of that sorta thing goes on. Lots of swapping, lots of lovely old ladies with heads crammed full of years of gardening knowledge and happy to share, lots of seed saving and posting, some selling, a few meets... good if u are a painter and property maintenance person like I as well. :innocent_n:

Also, I am urgently chasing some PRINTS! New miscroscope (well, macro from an old mobile phone cam & PCB!) needs testing with fresh samples!

Have 2 x p.subaeraginosa prints I am happy to swap... Please PM me.

Cheers!

Edited by Ethnopiate

Also there is a couple of Perth cactus and succulent groups on FB. Some cheap and free cacti on them

Dead right. Perth real cacti and succullents had some ripper pach's, Michael is the guys name. I got a thick as your leg 1m tall specimen in a nice big pot for $10 with a couple of other bits an pieces chucked in for free (elephant ears, firesticks, a mysterious and weird cactus/cuccullent hybrid... Amazing garden too. Opuntias, agaves, heaps of diff varieties of cactus and bamboos.

Have yet to see a melted wax bridg tho! ;-)

does anyone have any melted wax bridge

something I've always wanted to add to the collection and always forget to try find a cut

Dont thinks its a true clone though

P1010234

beautiful plant there foo is that an old pic?

if you have any pups or cuts i'd love to grab one

as i say the melted wax is something i've been meaning to add to my collection for a long time

my girl and i are in the process of buying just over an acre of land near the bunbury area and i will be planting out a WHOLE LOT of tricho's and other cacti throughout the garden :)

i'd be happy to trade or return some big cuts once theyve grown out a bit on my land :)

i hope to turn this into a full blown nursery

or just a small place for collectors to come visit me and grab a few plants through booked appointments or arranged meets :)

so if anyone has anything they would like grown out and doesnt have the room for it please let me know

i will be happy to plant them out on my land and you can come take as many cuts as you like in the future :)

• Like 2

Lol, u r going to be in bogan town

• Like 1

hahaha nah we arent actually moving to bunbury south of bunbury

i just didnt want to say exactly where haha think bunbury is about an hour away

I'll have to drop you some Jam Wattles for future. They say the best time to plant a tree was 20yrs ago, the next best time is now!

There is a nursery up north of Perth selling 50mm pots for about $1.50ea! Bargain! Shall bring about 20? hehe

I'd be a tad careful about posting what you're gonna have up there publicly after recent events though mate... I'd say you might be under a little scrutiny? ;-)

• Like 1

There is a nursery up north of Perth selling 50mm pots for about $1.50ea!

Just out of curiosity, what nursery is that? Would be keen to have a look around next time I'm up that way.

i will only be planting cacti that are of the legal kind :)

tricho's are a bit of a grey area but i probly wont be planting out any pach's thats for sure

i wish something could be done to make the laws more clearer

but dont worry i definitely plan on keeping it as legal as possible no lophs unfortunately

its a shame i would have loved to have all that room to grow loads of beautiful lophs but no the man says your not allowed

so i better just fall in line and do things properly :)

i grow many different cacti and other plants and am happy to take cuts of anything anyone might have to plant out not just tricho's

and cacti but anything really i like bonsai and grow lots of junipers and things by cuttings to so yeh im after anything really

and thought i would put it out there if anyone doesnt have the room i know what its like to have to keep everything confined to pots

it sucks so if anyone would like anything planted out and you can basically take what you want from it

i plan on trying to do alot of wholesale stuff to other nurseries to and perhaps even bunnings if possible

i know most of bunnings cacti come from collectors corner and one other cacti nursery south of perth

so there isnt a whole lot of competition really and if i am providing a wide range of plants im sure i can get in there as a wholesaler

i'll also be looking for some heirloom seeds to i would like to be able to grow lots of food aswell

gonna plant out a bunch of fruit trees to cant wait :)

• Like 1

Yeh, thats an old pic. The plant has 1 pup currently.

However both the main stem and the pup have reverted somewhat.

Happy to part with the pup, will post pics

• Like 1

There are nurseries SOR that sell them too. Keep ya eyes peeled

• Like 1

Im currently chasing rose cuttings.

i have a heap of roses that i have to pull out at work. You are more then welcome to them.

i have some roses here to foo i planned on doing a bunch of cuttings this spring

once i've got a bunch of rooted cuttings ready i'll make sure i put some aside for ya mate