The Corroboree
Francois le Danque

So who else 'Rims?

Some of you guys have the weirdest race/class combinations. Although I can't say much, I have my heavy armour sneakthief khajit that fights with a bow and fists. High elf warrior and wood elf mage were two combos that I never thought I'd see.

I think I was trying to make an 'allrounder' character LOL. I started out slashing my way through with heavy armour and a warhammer but lately I've been either sneaking around with a bow or doning robes and doing missions casting spells. It's one of the things I like over games like Dragon Age in that you are sort of classless in a way. Each race has certain advantageous traits but a warrior can cast spells and a mage can weild a big weapon. Dragon Age was useless in that regard that you get all this loot you can't use. I've put the difficultly at master otherwise it gets too easy and I never end up using any of the potions or spells properly. Bump it down occassionally when I get stuck or have to wipe out a hoard of bandits. If you're after a real bitch of a hard game, try Dark Souls.

They should re-release Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion with enhanced graphics engines or detail textures and ability to import characters.

well yeah by run i more mean walk, if you jump from ledge to ledge you can make it pretty well :)

sdafasdd

Edited by Teljkon

Semi spoiler - kind of a spoiler

Next time you see a fox you should follow it. Might find something cool.

Edited by Sheather

fuck i have created a monster: there is no way i can keep up with this thread any more, especially with all the spoilers of quests i am nowhere near (i only have like 15 hours play time, pathetic!). so yeah have fun guys...i'm out

sdfsdfsdaf

Edited by Teljkon

I've not had anything interesting come of following one yet, though I think I met them leaving the point of interest they are meant to lead you to. Just a tip I read on the net.

sdfsfs

Edited by Teljkon

sdfsfdfs

Edited by Teljkon

Semi spoiler - kind of a spoiler

Next time you see a fox you should follow it. Might find something cool.

yeah i have noticed that they always wander off to a cool cave, or up to a troll which starts nailing you xD

Also one piece of advice i have, keep the skeleton key for a bit if you get it and go round breaking into everything that you can. i completed the quest straight after but so wish i had kept the key for a while.

just got to lvl 25 with 60 destruction as my main combat skill

Hrm I returned the skeleton key immediately. I have enough lockpicks that I don't mind if a few break. Currently sitting on 300+ picks and 30000+ gold. Level 32 with 100 pickpocket, 75 marksman, over 50 sneak, and assorted other skills.

dfgdgg.

Edited by Teljkon

I started playing this game yesturday and I fucking love it! I'm only level 3 but I'm enjoying it a lot more than Morrowind and Oblivion and they were my some of my favorite games ever. I decided to roll High Elf this time, I usually like Dark Elves or Redguards. Right now I'm not very far, I'm only up to when you first visit the greybeards, hopefully I'll get some time to play again tonight doubt it though :(

High elf has pretty much the most overpowered racial abilities. 5 levels worth of extra mana and "Highborn" gives you MASSIVE mana regen over 60 seconds.

Definitely the strongest mage race.

your attention is the most precious thing you will ever be able to give away

games like this are traps for your mind

capitalism depends upon technological developments of this kind sabotaging the potential of the people

to play videogames too much is to willingly subjegate and alienate yourself

also i'm drunk

and thats my 2 cents

carry on

• Like 1

High elf has pretty much the most overpowered racial abilities. 5 levels worth of extra mana and "Highborn" gives you MASSIVE mana regen over 60 seconds.

Definitely the strongest mage race.

Yeah they are pretty overpowered. I didn't know this until I ran out of mana fighting against that spider in order to let the thief with the golden claw down and highborn BOOSTED me back to full mana in no time.

@bulls on parade

Same could be said for many things these days. I see all my friends droning away on their phones facebooking their lives away like reality is on the screen rather than around them :rolleyes: TV is another killer.

Edited by SuperShamanistic

I have games for when my friends are busy, or I have some free time that would otherwise be spent procrastinating anyway. I can play games and have a sharp mind all the while. In fact, many games I play are designed to improve cognitive reasoning and problem solving.

I completely disagree with your assertion that to play videogames is to willingly subjugate and alienate one's self. I don't see how this is different to any other activity in terms of self. Subjugation comes from gullibility and willingness to believe a lie. Alienation from many sources, but alienation from one's self? Please explain.

You being drunk probably doesn't help you convey your message well.

for sure. i'm not saying i have a priveledged understanding of what you should be doing with your time. maybe i'm missing out

to me spare time is for skills aquisition. Bildung. what even is cognitive reasoning. ability is context specific sheather. what skills do you get from elf and dwarf games that are generalisable to even 1 other area?

i'm not criticising against any particular person, few people i know play mine craft and i try to talk about the same thing with them.

i just think games like this highjack your body, they use your biologically evolved tendency to respond favorably to certain stimuli for purposes entirely unrelated to anything except fleeting masterbatory enjoyment. i don't dislike people who play them, there's tremendous aesthetic joy in video games, but its just my opinion that there's an anesthetic dimension to them aswell

for sure. i'm not saying i have a priveledged understanding of what you should be doing with your time. maybe i'm missing out

to me spare time is for skills aquisition. Bildung. what even is cognitive reasoning. ability is context specific sheather. what skills do you get from elf and dwarf games that are generalisable to even 1 other area?

i'm not criticising against any particular person, few people i know play mine craft and i try to talk about the same thing with them.

i just think games like this highjack your body, they use your biologically evolved tendency to respond favorably to certain stimuli for purposes entirely unrelated to anything except fleeting masterbatory enjoyment. i don't dislike people who play them, there's tremendous aesthetic joy in video games, but its just my opinion that there's an anesthetic dimension to them aswell

Well for me personally, I have acquired skills from playing games, or at least gaming inspired. Back when I was 12-13 I was playing an online game and wanted a bot for it so I learned how to make computer programs, a skill which has helped me A LOT ever since. World of Warcraft has given me skills in bartering and working with a team as the game is based on interacting with other people and in a small way me better ability at sticking to goals. From what I've seen of minecraft it allows you to express creativity which is certainly not a bad thing, I could be wrong though.

Most people who think of video games as mindless often say that excessive gaming causes all sorts of issues especially in social settings but I feel that excessive gaming is an effect of a pre-existing issue. At least that's what I've found with people who I know that stick their heads in video games all day every day.

edit:

edited

no arguing nothing else thats all.

Edited by bulls on parade

dfgdfgdf

Edited by Teljkon

also i'm drunk

LOL

best quote ever.

also bulls keep in mind, many people say what you said about games, about alcohol.

(twilight zone music)

• Like 1

also to add to this whole debate about the merits of gaming, i think the same negative things can be said about using drugs recreationally, rather than for spirituality or whatever the fuck you hippies do :P . in that they ARE pointless enjoyment most of the time, but that doesn't mean they can't be used responsibly as part of a balanced lifesyle.

another thing to consider is the theory that many people draw their spiritual fulfilment from fiction. i can find sources for this soon when i talk to my girlfriend who studies it a bit, but basically the moral of the story is that since religion isnt really cool any more, people get their spiritual sustenance and moral compasses from fantasy and stuff, like harry potter. the overplayed example is of the obsessive star trek fans, but this is a legitimate thing that does indeed happen. whether this is a good thing or not is not for me to decide. more on this if anyone cares when i have had some sleep :S

• Like 2

I never thought I would come across an RPG that actually interests me, as they never have before but I thought I'd give this a go and I have to say, I really don't like it. That is, I don't like what it's done to me over the couple of days I've been playing it. I have RSI in my fingers, my eyes are bloodshot, and the lines between fantasy and reality are beginning to blur.

I don't really understand how it manages to suck you in the way it does, but it's very effective at it. It's such a vast game and there is so much freedom that its easy to forget that it's all scripted. The problem for me is that it doesn't feel very productive. There isn't really a lot of skill involved, and it doesn't give me the feeling that I get after playing an FPS, RTS, or driving sim, that of having spent quality time honing my skills. Instead, I feel a strong compulsion to keep playing when I'm not even sure I'm enjoying it, and certainly don't feel like I'm developing any skill (unless you count being at level ten, lol).

• Like 1

Well I started playing this game when my daughter borrowed it from my nephews place, I've considered myself to grown up for computer games for about 10 yrs now, well that and a computer game hasn't been able to hold my attention for more than ten minutes.

Well, in well and truly addicted ! This game is amazeballs! Glitchy in parts but so well worth it. The scenery is amazing and the story line awesome, man whoever made this game put sooo much work into it, it's extremely detailed graphically. I set my lounge room up with a booming soundbar on my new 90 inch flatscreen, fucken love it!

I'm a level 21 Breton named Muthafuka, and just joined up to the thieves guild, hoping to I'm improves I'm quite shit at sneaking and pickpocketing, in trying to cut down to two hours a day, some days I'll come home from work at 3pm and stay up until 2am- That ain't healthy!