The Corroboree
GregKasarik

Community of Infinite Colour

Hello all,

I am a mystic and for some years now, I have been working on developing a religious philosophy of my own, that reflects the Transcendent nature of the mystical experience and how it differs from the religious experiences reported by most believers throughout the world.

If anything is apparent after over 6000 years of recorded history it is the simple fact that Divine understanding is both universal and indeterminate. By this, I mean that while individuals might not have any particular orientation towards the Divine, it is the case that a significant part of every human population has such an orientation. When I say that it is indeterminate, I mean that it is impossible for any being to know the truth about the Divine. Indeed, not even god can ever know if god is God. (http://www.kasarik.com/The-Divine-Principle.php)

Anyone who has ever had a mystical experience - whether through meditation, entheogens, or spontaneous occurance - will know that it is impossible to ever explain it to another person. Even if two people believe that they are talking about the same sort of experience, they can never be fully certain and they will quickly realise that they can never effectively communicate the nuances, subtleties and downright contradictions inherent in such an experience.

This points us to another great truth, namely that no two people can ever have the same understanding of the Divine. This flies in the face of the "great" religious traditions, which assert that all must bow to the one conceptualisation of the Divine and adhere to the same set of dogmatic "beliefs". While this might work for people who have no genuine connection to the Divine and who believe in god the same way that they believe in Russia, it relies on actively discouraging genuine mystical encounters with their "god".

Because no two people can ever share the same understanding of the Divine, it means that it is futile for someone such as myself (or Jesus, Mohammed, or Buddha) to actually expect that I can teach people about my "vision" of the Divine and expect them to be able to understand it, let alone fully take it on board. Because of this, it folly to ever expect that others will believe what you do.

When combined with the simple realisation that the "Truth is not out there", it becomes clear that we need a religious philosophy that is radically different from that which we are used to. Rather than forcing belief, we need something that undermines it and makes it clear that certitude is not certainty and that it is up to each individual to discover their own conceptualisation of the Divine.

Which brings me to the Principles (www.kasarik.com/The-Principles.php). These are statements that seek to form a scaffolding that anyone can use on their journey towards understanding the Divine. Some, such as the Eternity Paradox are based on logic and philosophical insight, while others, such as the Ethical Principle are based more on psychology and a particular understanding of what it means to be ethical.

The important thing is that my own understanding of the Divine is not important. Rather I have a vision of creating a world where people realise that if they seem to agree regarding their conceptualisation of the Divine, they simply haven't discussed it enough.

Although I am probably not cut out for the role of guru (I'm disorganised and suck at self promotion), I am in the process of founding "Community of Infinite Colour" to be the vehicle of this philosophy. Of particular interest to members of this particular forum will be the fact that Transcendent Compounds are regarded as an important, although not compulsory, aspect of understanding the Principles and forming a connection to the Divine. Through meditating on the Principles, Transcendent Compounds allow a person to understand them on an experiential, rather than theoretical level.

For example, through experiencing the Infinite of the Divine Mind, one can understand the Uncertainty Principle by realising that there is no real way of you ever being able to locate yourself within that Infinite. Without any map, the reality of your own inability to "know" becomes as obvious as day from night. I have written about this more fully here: www.kasarik.com/TCs-and-Community.php

I honestly believe that something like this will eventually come to dominate religious belief. If it doesn't, I fear that we will never escape from many of the horrific behaviours that characterise religious history and be condemned to an ongoing dark age of fear, hate and violence.

Many of the ideas that I have written about on my website will be included in my (hopefully upcoming) book, "The Book of Infinite Colour". My own musings about the nature of the Divine will be published under another titled, "The First Heretic", just to remind people not to think they actually understand what I mean to communicate.

As you may have figured out, my website is www.kasarik.com. Feel free to browse.

Greg

• Like 2

I take it from your 2 topics, which mentions your website 3 times that you would like us to go there.... and order your book. Sorry mate, my computer is broken :wink:

Wait.. back the truck up here. Isn't this the second philosopher/mystic we've had in the space of a month and a bit?! Me thinks something is afoot... :shroomer:

abandoned

Edited by dworx
  • Like 1

You raised very valid points within your brief conversation with ABC National. Thank you for doing so. This initiative you have taken is awesome *pats on back*. Aye dworx that proposal is especially worrying! I called the local nursery and asked if they sell brugmansias(for the sake of personal interest)and they do not due this proposal! :angry:

Edited by ErraneousHerbalist

just to remind people not to think they actually understand what I mean to communicate

OH MY GOD! Does that mean you understand me even though we're no communicating?

OR

Thanks for the reminder that you may not be understood.

Greg, you're presenting a paper at this year's EGA, no?

Thanks for the responses. Sarcastic and all! :-)

It is good to get positive feedback from the community with regard to what I do. It certainly hasn't been easy and has had some personal cost. But on the other hand, I haven't been targeted and sanctioned by the authorities, which fills me with confidence that this is a fight that we can only win.

@ Marcel. I am presenting again at this years EGA. It will be based on my "Beginner's guide to Tripping", rather than my work towards legalisation. The EGA organisers simply don't have enough time to include both and the former is more important than the latter.

@EH. Yes. Its a conspiracy. I mean, what are the odds of two philosopher/mystics posting in a forum devoted to Spirituality and Philosophy? Uncanny...

@Bongchitis. Well, of course I'd like people to to visit my website. After all I did post this stuff in the hope that someone would. Us writers are funny like that.

• Like 2

Wait.. back the truck up here. Isn't this the second philosopher/mystic we've had in the space of a month and a bit?! Me thinks something is afoot... :shroomer:

We've had several holier than thous recently. THere was the guy who was going to prove the stoned ape theory with irrefutable evidence that he had gathered from the internet in his 6 monhts of research. We were assured that his research had led to a discovery of said evidence that nobody else in the world was aware of.

We had Dr Sham, who assured us that his new theory could solve every possible trouble a human could experience. We were treated to the example that in order to deal with substance abuse the abuser should simply stop drinking alcohol. Very sage advice.

I think Greg's in a slightly different category. Has some interesting stuff to say and doesn't seem to gave a Jesus complex, thank god.

• Like 2

Ahh, I see.

I haven't really read through much of the recent posts, so wasn't aware of your excitement here.

Although I can certainly understand it. One of the problems with the use of Entheogens (and mystical experience generally) is that people can get caught up in the certitude of the whole experience. I'm sure that we've all experienced the sensation of having the universe reveal its secrets to us and the accompanying feeling that if we could only explain all of this to everyone else the world's problems would be fixed. Each year there seem to be a number of presentations at EGA that are predicated on precisely this notion.

I once took a taxi over to a friend's place during a four tab acid trip, because I had realisation regarding why there was something, rather than nothing and how this came to be. She was rather bemused and I think that she found my ramblings to be quite entertaining, but the next day while everything still held together, it didn't have the same feelings of reality, or destiny as it did while I was tripping. I am still confident that these ideas are representative of something (but what?) and some of their essence is present in my writings about the Divine (for example, the conviction that everything that can exist does in fact exist), but I've never been able to communicate them satisfactorily to another.

It was those kind of experiences that inspired me to realise that my spiritual understandings were my own and could never adequately be communicated to another. There is wisdom in realising that certitude does not equal certainty and that in many ways, uncertainty is our natural and only state of being.

Apart from anything it promotes humility and reduces the odds that I'll make a dick of myself... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I disagree with how you assume that everyone has a different divine experience:

namely that no two people can ever have the same understanding of the Divine.
Because no two people can ever share the same understanding of the Divine

Just because we may never be able to describe exactly what we have experienced does not preclude that we have both had the same experience in essence. Language is not the only communication channel, and if you've ever experienced a relevatory experience with a close friend, you will surely have felt 'on the same wavelength', 'resonant'.

I.e. just because my Jesus apparition has 34,213 hair follicles on his scalp, and yours has 37,452 - does not make them fundamentally different. :P

Greg, I found your website very interesting so thank you for posting. I am especially drawn to the NDExp part of the site....

http://www.ndexp.com/NDExperiment.html

I am fascinated with NDE experiences and can't read enough about them. I am actually jealous of those who have died and lived to tell about it. My wife says I'm obsessed with the subject and she may be right. It is something we are all going to experience at some point. Though I have never had one myself, not while dead anyway, I believe I have tread some of deaths path with the assistance of some of gods sacred herbs. This may sound strange to a lot of people but I would be willing to become a volunteer for this important research. There is not much left to explore in this world and I would love a crack at what death has to offer. Especially if I get to come back and talk about it afterwards. In a funny way I am looking forward to death. I want to know what happens to my soul. For some reason I know it continues on as if nothing happened.

When do you think you will go from concept to actual experiments? I truly believe that the day of ascension for all of us is coming and that day is not that far away. I wouldn't mind a sneak peak. There is a real spiritual awakening happening and it is happening for a reason.

Would it be illegal?

But...

For some reason, "Community of infinite colour" does not resonate with me. Colour to my way of thinking is just shades of light....maybe "community of infinite light" We are all light and we are all infinite. Just my 2 cents worth.....

Cheers

I believe there is so much around us all the time that we can't or are not yet ready to see. Ignorance will keep you blind and we are groomed to be ignorant.

There is not much left to explore in this world and I would love a crack at what death has to offer.

So, is there not much more, or are we blinded by ignorance? You can't have it both ways little brother, lol.

Peace

• Like 1

So, is there not much more, or are we blinded by ignorance? You can't have it both ways little brother, lol.

Peace

You obviously don't understand what I mean and thats my fault for not explaining myself well enough. I believe that upon death this imposed ignorance will be lifted and I will see those things that I currently can not. Death holds the key. So yeah, I guess I can have it both ways.

I believe that upon death this imposed ignorance will be lifted and I will see those things that I currently can not.

How do you know there are things you can't see? To know (only as deep as the word goes) you have to trust your senses (of which there are not just 5), which implies that you are already 'seeing' these things somehow.

How do you know there are things you can't see? To know (only as deep as the word goes) you have to trust your senses (of which there are not just 5), which implies that you are already 'seeing' these things somehow.

I don't know how to answer your question bluntmuffin...How do I know?...I have my Entheogens....I have my faith....and I believe.....thats all I have.... maybe thats why I'm on the journey that I am on now. Maybe when I'm dead...I'm dead but somehow I just don't think so...

It was a rhetorical question, and you answered it accurately. :)

However I think if your path is anything like mine (or others), at some stage you will reconcile life and death, and not be so afraid of it. The viewpoint that there's no break in your consciousness after death and you'll somehow float around all ghostlike and detached is not just against Occam's razor, but against his knife and sword too. It's the idea that episodic memory follows through that I find the most dubious. Even if you did join the ranks of the infinite and all-knowing, I would assert it would be meaningless without also knowing what it feels like to know nothing/fallacy (i.e. meaning you would also need to know you once knew nothing, i.e. episodic memory). Without zeros, a field of ones is meaningless.

So to be succinct, I think you will live on after death; you just won't you know did. Sort of like how right now you are the amalgamation of trillions of lifeforms that live and lived.

I disagree with how you assume that everyone has a different divine experience:

Just because we may never be able to describe exactly what we have experienced does not preclude that we have both had the same experience in essence. Language is not the only communication channel, and if you've ever experienced a relevatory experience with a close friend, you will surely have felt 'on the same wavelength', 'resonant'.

I.e. just because my Jesus apparition has 34,213 hair follicles on his scalp, and yours has 37,452 - does not make them fundamentally different. :P

When I say that everyone has a different experience of the Divine, I am not saying that nobody has the same general experience of the Divine. When we connect to the Divine, we are connecting with the Infinite and there is very little chance that two people are going to experience exactly the same aspects of the Infinite. Even if they did, it would be almost impossible for two people with different histories, personalities and situations to interpret this experience in the same way.

For example, if you have ever experienced the Infinite of the Divine, you will have undoubtedly experienced something similar to other people who have had that experience. But there is a difference between being on the same "wavelength" and having the same fundamental understanding of the Divine. The problem is that transcendent experiences are by definition ineffable, which means that they are beyond communication. You can certainly communicate the broad brush strokes of the experience, but there will be many nuances, subtleties and even contradictions that are impossible to communicate. If you have ever tried to communicate these, you will quickly find yourself floundering and unable to get your point across.

More importantly, even if you believe that you have in fact communicated all of the subtleties and nuances, there is in fact no way of you ever knowing this for certain.

For the most part this isn't going to be a problem. The issue comes when people begin to believe that their own personal conceptualisation of the Divine happens to be the "real" one. With respect to Jesus, it isn't the fact that there are a different number of hairs on his body (although you have inadvertently illustrated my exact point by mentioning this), it is that he was unable to communicate his basic message to his followers (Luke 9: 44-45) and that they then reinterpreted what he said after he had been killed. When someone thinks that their conceptualisation of the Divine is the "correct" one and that others must conform to it, they are much more likely to take a rigid and dogmatic approach that denies the rights of others to conceptualise the Divine in terms of their own experiences.

Most religious philosophies entail the perspective that there exists some sort of objective Divine "reality" that anyone can access with enough effort. This view ultimately leads to religious persecution and a lack of tolerance towards those who disagree. The often life changing power of the mystical experience can similarly inspire this kind of conviction, along with a fervent belief that the world would be a much better place if only everyone could realise the mystic's understanding of reality. The fruit of mystical experience is not always positive. The Taiping Rebellion of 1850 was lead by a Christian mystic and cost the lives of over 20 million people.

In making the Spiritual Principle a core part of Community, I am seeking to cement in place the philosophy that religious, spiritual and philosophical difference is the norm and is to be celebrated and enjoyed, not condemned and rejected.

I think alot of what you say is fine, I just don't see why we need you for any of it. Please don't talk about the spiritual principle when you talk about god in the male tense, are starting a religeon and want to make philosophies cemented in place as written in stone law.

Greg, I found your website very interesting so thank you for posting. I am especially drawn to the NDExp part of the site....

http://www.ndexp.com/NDExperiment.html

I am fascinated with NDE experiences and can't read enough about them. I am actually jealous of those who have died and lived to tell about it. My wife says I'm obsessed with the subject and she may be right. It is something we are all going to experience at some point. Though I have never had one myself, not while dead anyway, I believe I have tread some of deaths path with the assistance of some of gods sacred herbs. This may sound strange to a lot of people but I would be willing to become a volunteer for this important research. There is not much left to explore in this world and I would love a crack at what death has to offer. Especially if I get to come back and talk about it afterwards. In a funny way I am looking forward to death. I want to know what happens to my soul. For some reason I know it continues on as if nothing happened.

When do you think you will go from concept to actual experiments? I truly believe that the day of ascension for all of us is coming and that day is not that far away. I wouldn't mind a sneak peak. There is a real spiritual awakening happening and it is happening for a reason.

Would it be illegal?

But...

For some reason, "Community of infinite colour" does not resonate with me. Colour to my way of thinking is just shades of light....maybe "community of infinite light" We are all light and we are all infinite. Just my 2 cents worth.....

Cheers

I'm glad that you too have taken inspiration from the Near Death Experience. I feel that there is much wisdom to be found therein. Although recent years have also seen much shonkiness also emerge as people have sought to capitalise on the phenomena and people's desire to believe in order to achieve their own ends. I have been facinated by the NDE ever since I read a condensed Readers Digest version of Raymond Moody's first book. The concept for the experiment emerged in the late 80s but didn't crystalise in its current proposed form until the beginning of the naughties.

Given its design, the NDexp is both ethical and legal. In order to be run it would need to receive appropriate ethical approval from a duly constituted human research ethics panel. It would be surprisingly safe, with expected negative events occurring in less than 1% of trials. It would, however be expensive to run, with the final bill not falling much short of 2 million dollars. However, in terms of cost benefit, I can't think of a better return for the scientific dollar.

The name "Community of Infinite Colour" is one of those things (like the symbol of life) that have come to me during trance and transcendental experiences. It references the fact that we are all part of the Divine and are about exploring all of the infinite that is contained within the Divine.

Not all of this exploration will be within the "light". There are significant numbers of people who have chosen to explore darker aspects of existence. This does not mean that they have chosen a path of evil (although it often may), but could include aspects of existence such as self loathing, misery, pessimism, fear and paranoia. While I mourn for people who seem trapped within those confines, I have recognised that there is often little that I can do to bring them onto a lighter and more hopeful path, beyond being there for them. So long as someone is abiding by the Ethical Principle, it is not up to me to condemn their path, or decisions. Some people seem to obtain a perverse pleasure out of their exploration of these paths and while I probably go to annoying lengths to help them, any change can only come through their own desires.

Another reason relates to the Spiritual Principle and an analogy that I use to illustrate the futility of claiming a single interpretation of the Divine. Within this analogy, people with different religious beliefs can be thought of as championing different "colours", so that we could say that the Christian is claiming that "green" is the best colour, while the Muslim is praising the joys of "blue". Clearly this arguing over shades of colour is foolish. It becomes even more foolish, when people who prefer the same colour, then say that their own favourite shade of that colour is to be the preferred one. So Catholics might be arguing for a more aqua green, while Lutherans think that dark green is to be preferred. But the truth is that these are all colours and none is intrinsically better than the other. Certitude over the rightness of one's religion is no better than certitude over the rightness of one's favourite colour.

The name also is a reflection of my belief (note that this is where I have to be mindful of distinguishing my own fallible beliefs about the Divine from the bedrock of the Principles), that we are exploring an infinite number of possibilities and outcomes inherent within the Infiniverse. This is why I am always reluctant to engage in apocalyptic thinking regarding a particular destiny, or "spiritual awakening" that many people believe awaits us all. In saying that there is a particular end towards which we are playing, such as a "spiritual awakening", we are merely reflecting of our own need for certainty and our own need for the story of humanity to have a happy ending.

But I suspect that this need isn't a Divine need. It seems to me that most of the interesting stories are to be found within a universe much like ours that simply limps along under its own steam. While you could be right (and it would be a great theme that I would love to explore), there are an infinite number of variations that are just as interesting that don't involve some cosmic destiny. It seems to me that if we are to achieve a "spiritual awakening", it the most interesting way of doing such will be through our own efforts, rather than Divine deus ex machina.

But there are significant barriers to our achieving this through our own efforts, not least being the aforementioned desire of many people to engage with darker experiences. Perhaps unsurprisingly, we are faced with a puzzle of cosmic dimensions; one suitable for an Infinite Divine Being. Our task is to find figure out the reality in which such a "spiritual awakening" occurs, but in order to do so, we must contend with our own limitations, egos, desires and frailties along with the fact that people cannot be coerced, but must be gently guided on their own terms.

So while we (as aspects of the Divine) will ultimately explore every story possible (that is what it means to be omniscient), there is no way of telling if this particular universe happens to be one in which a particular outcome would eventuate. All we can do is our best, knowing that even it it takes us an eternity, we will eventually succeed.

You write alot and say very little, typical of cult leaders. Dance around the subject all you like, the fact remains if we are to follow your own tenets we do not need you or the group, making it pointless, unless it's point is not your stated goals but more ego driven which I suspect is the case. Don't talk about all colours being equal then make aspertions about people following what to you are dark and evil paths... The hypocrisy of it is palpable. Some people would deem being a cult leader to be a dark and evil path. I think you need to examine why you are really doing this. If your goal is to start an intentional community with religeous freedom, then drop the religeon, if you are starting a religeon drop the intentional community and go cult.

Edited by Bretloth
  • Like 3

I think alot of what you say is fine, I just don't see why we need you for any of it. Please don't talk about the spiritual principle when you talk about god in the male tense, are starting a religeon and want to make philosophies cemented in place as written in stone law.

I can't object if you don't see the need for anything that I say. In all honesty, I wish that I didn't see the need for anything that I say. Life would be much easier (if less interesting), if I could just live it like everyone else.

Having said that, there are many of us who take simple joy in engaging with the exploration of possibility, spiritual ideas and conceptualisations of metaphysical reality. Through Community, I seek to encourage this exploration, while creating a cultural influence that will create the expectation that differences in our understandings are normal and to be revered, rather than dislocations that are to be crushed.

Ironically, your belief that I am "starting a religeon and want to make philosophies cemented in place as written in stone law" illustrates the importance of both the Spiritual and Uncertainty Principles. It is obvious that in attempting to explain my philosophy, I have not been successful and that as a result, you have not understood what it is that I seek to create. This is precisely what the Spiritual Principle says will happen and precisely why it is such an important part of my philosophy.

But it is not an accident that the Uncertainty Principle is the first Principle. As I demonstrate in writing about the Divine Principle (which is merely a particular, if important, application of the Uncertainty Principle), it is a logical truth that no sentient can never "know" anything beyond its own existence (excluding logical and mathematical truths of course). Not everyone will agree with this, but that is very much like not agreeing that 1 + 1 = 2. The Principles are intended to be a framework of how a person can understand this truth, while still making sense of the world in which they would otherwise be cut adrift.

My use of the word "He" to describe the Divine is an artefact of my personal history and the way my mind most easily flows. As a natural mystic, I grew up in a Catholic environment, in which I often contemplated the nature of "God" as I then thought of the Divine and did so using masculine pronouns. I realise that some people will become offended by my continued use of these pronouns, but the fact is that I find it easier to communicate my thoughts when I am not trying to play gender games with my words. It is important to remember that what you see on the website are merely the drafts in progress, in which I open my ideas up for comment, discussion and criticism. When my book is finally written and published, I will decide how to best genderise the Divine.

Sadly, there are no easy answers to this question, with various parts of a diverse audience likely to take offence no matter what I write. Some will view "He" as an extension of paternalistic monotheism, while others will hold that "She" is a sop to political feminism. Alternating between the two is just plain annoying to read. "It" makes it sound like I am talking about my dog, or fridge. The best idea that I came up with was "IT", with the full capitalisation intended to reflect the idea that the Divine is beyond gender, while not being a mere thing. However, if I tried to remember to include that in my writing I would go crazy and the words would not flow. It is hard enough for me to explain these often difficult concepts without throwing additional obstacles in my own path. In any case, I suspect that people would still read "IT" as "it", at least until they have gained familiarity through use of the concept.

Although I should point out that, particularly in my later writings, I avoid the word, "god" entirely unless I am referring to the traditional monotheistic conceptualisation of that deity (in which case my use of the male pronoun is a reflection of traditional usage). I don't like the word, as it there is too much baggage attached to it. "The Divine" suits my needs nicely as does not entail a particular conceptualisation and doesn't need to be genderised at all.

Interestingly, in having become caught up on something that I honestly regard as a distraction, you have once again highlighted the strength of the Spiritual Principle, in this case as it interacts with the Psychological Principle. For me, it seems quite obvious that pronouns are merely inadequate place holders for a concept that is beyond any of our imaginings, but for you they are significant enough to warrant your apparent rejection of my whole thesis. Seems that I may have to start using "IT" sooner, rather than later.

In the meantime, I would encourage you to read these pages in the spirit that they are intended. Namely an attempt to provide a path that will allow all to gain their own independent and free understanding of the Divine (or even just our own place in the universe, if you happen to be an atheist). In doing so, I hope to plant the seeds of a cultural movement that will make the hate, intolerance, authoritarianism, and dysfunctional certitude that so often infects spirituality a thing of the past.

PS. Didn't catch you at the rally on Sunday. Are you coming to EGA this year?

"Ironically, your belief that I am "starting a religeon and want to make philosophies cemented in place as written in stone law" illustrates the importance of both the Spiritual and Uncertainty Principles. It is obvious that in attempting to explain my philosophy, I have not been successful and that as a result, you have not understood what it is that I seek to create. This is precisely what the Spiritual Principle says will happen and precisely why it is such an important part of my philosophy."

Actually my belief is based upon your statement as follows ~

"I am seeking to cement in place the philosophy"

A philosophy regardless of what it is, cemented in place is a written in stone law.

I don't see how community will promote exploration, more likely a community will decide rights and wrongs and promote obedience. Exploration has always been the realm of the individual free from the bonds of what others think, often despite what the majority think.

I think if you truly want to help people with your message, a self help book would be more appropriatte, then people could take it on board or not, without the judgement of a religeous community, even one that claims not to judge, but who are we kidding. Judgement is an essential part of life, without it we would fall for all kinds of scams ;)

• Like 2

You write alot and say very little, typical of cult leaders. Dance around the subject all you like, the fact remains if we are to follow your own tenets we do not need you or the group, making it pointless, unless it's point is not your stated goals but more ego driven which I suspect is the case. Don't talk about all colours being equal then make aspertions about people following what to you are dark and evil paths... The hypocrisy of it is palpable. Some people would deem being a cult leader to be a dark and evil path. I think you need to examine why you are really doing this. If your goal is to start an intentional community with religeous freedom, then drop the religeon, if you are starting a religeon drop the intentional community and go cult.

I am saddened by your antagonism and obvious hostility to my ideas.

It seems that what I am writing and what you are reading are two entirely different things. I can only wonder which part of "So long as someone is abiding by the Ethical Principle, it is not up to me to condemn their path, or decisions", you fail to understand.

Community is about respecting people's right to chose their own paths and not imposing upon them so that they take the one which I think happens to be better. Among other things, this entails accepting people's right to reject the very Principles on which Community is based. It seems that apart from anything, you seem to be awfully caught up with the word "cult". This is something which you have imposed upon me and demonstrates your own failure to understand what it is that I am trying to create.

What kind of egotistical cult leader actually tells people that "the least important part of this website is what I believe!" and that their is goal is for them to find their own paths, rather than blindly following anothers?

The reality is that people join religious organisations and communities, for the same reason they join any other organisation. If what I write makes sense to them and they seek to join me in common cause, why should this offend you? You seem to take personal offence that I would have the temerity to put my ideas out in the open, so that others may judge them on their merits.

My mission is not what you claim it to be and I have made this very clear on my homepage:

This website is devoted to my journey of understanding and my goal is to communicate what I have learnt to others. Not so that you may believe everything I believe (you can't, so don't bother even trying: the first Disciple is always the first Heretic) but so that you may partake of your own journey of discovery and to find the answers that make sense to you.

Ulimately it is up to each of us to make sense of the world and we can only do so by listening to our hearts, imposing reason on our thoughts and engaging with the experience of the spiritual journey. Your answers cannot be my answers and if they seem to be, than we have not discussed in enough detail to discover the areas in which we must surely differ.

If you think you have the answers already, you are almost certainly wrong. How could a mortal of less than 100 years have the answers to questions that lie within the realms of an Infinite reality?

If you don't care for spirituality, or questioning the nature of your reality, then you will find little here to entertain.

But if you are of curious temperament, love ideas and are prepared to be challenged and open your mind to ideas that you have never encountered before (for example it may shock you to realise that god can never know if god is God), then you will find that time spent exploring this site and watching it grow is time well invested in the never ending journey that is your life.

I aim to promote a community of thinkers, who recognise that the the only truth is that there can never be certainty and who respect the rights of each person to believe what makes sense to them.

I am but a guide; even I can not say where your journey will end.

If you choose to ignore, or discount what I have most plainly written, that is a reflection of who you are, rather than a reflection of who I am. Ultimately, like everyone else, you must choose the path on which you walk and will only believe what makes sense to you.

And I wouldn't want it any other way.

• Like 2