The Corroboree
bit

What did you do to your cacti today?

Relabelled two cuzcoensis as so... making me a happy horsey indeed to be able to check cuzcoensis off the wants list

having had them for a while now without knowing ... thank you very kindly indeed M.S. Smith :)

the Huancabamba ..

gallery_14443_805_174927.jpg

and the Tarma

gallery_14443_805_380797.jpg

Trichocereus peruvianus ayacucho .... another cuzco maybe?

gallery_14443_805_260260.jpg

peruvianus KK242 matucana lima peruu

gallery_14443_805_682449.jpg

dinosaurus coming back to vigour

gallery_14443_805_822469.jpg

my free pachanoi from Germany started growing

gallery_14443_805_349357.jpg

kid's loph flowering 4th time this year already

gallery_14443_805_247450.jpg

ritteri flower progress

gallery_14443_805_700868.jpg

added another tier to Germinatia

gallery_14443_805_598352.jpg

KK338 Str to Yanyos - my very favourite of the peruv' types and my very first ones of them too

gallery_14443_805_337696.jpg

and the KK339 Huigra Chanchan

gallery_14443_805_336083.jpg

just bridgesii collection and fat scop and fat pedro now to pot up and I think that's it till I aquire some more :)

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 2

Hostilis: sure those are rubrispinus? Look so much paler in colour to mine and more in line with "regular" rigidissimus.

Got my fingers crossed for some flowers on the Trich's in that bed come spring, peru and bridgesii are still way to small but the pach and scoup could possibly flower this year.

Main stem on the pach is a good 5 to 6 foot now so it's big enough for sure, just the scoup that's borderline but it doubled in size over summer.

The spines are a deep purple color. Especially on the tip. Most of the top spines got ripped off because of the strawflower's glue that they globbed on the tips though. But they were labelled as rubrispinus and they have a really deep purple on the spines so I'm pretty sure. Maybe the camera didn't capture it, but it's beautiful in person.

Edited by hostilis
  • Like 1

Hey Horsey, in addition to your Huancabamba I'd say your Ayacucho, KK242, KK338, and KK339 are also T. cuzcoensis. The same for Tarma, though if you've seen mine it's a bit more distinct than other T. cuzcoensis. Don't worry, same thing happened to me with those three KKs. As for re-labeling, well feel free, but be sure to maintain the original name on the side until they are a bit more mature.

~Michael~

• Like 1

today i transplanted two of my cactus species i have seedlings of into new soil and better containers. The first here are my 9 month old Koehres Peruvian torch seedlings. there are 16 of 40 seeds planted, not bad sprouting and i just planted the remaining seeds to sprout, like 20 or so. post-14984-0-15724000-1401754364_thumb.j

And my Ariocarpus Retusus subssp Trigonus seedlings got moved into new soil but the same container and also planted with the rest of its sister seeds. 9 or 15 seeds came up the first time and one is a twin, one is grafted and one or two died maybe? these are 10 months old

post-14984-0-00375300-1401754361_thumb.p

And A triple flowering on my aztekium ritteri

post-14984-0-21873400-1401754406_thumb.j

post-14984-0-00375300-1401754361_thumb.png

post-14984-0-15724000-1401754364_thumb.jpg

post-14984-0-21873400-1401754406_thumb.jpg

post-14984-0-00375300-1401754361_thumb.png

post-14984-0-15724000-1401754364_thumb.jpg

post-14984-0-21873400-1401754406_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

oooh more cuzcoenscious delights ! Thanks Michael !

I keep the old name by just re-writing the new one on the other side of the label :) , and all i changed rlly was the word peruvianus to cuzcoensis onnem - oh shii... that means I shd probably start hunting a real peruvianus :)..

- early hours of today; I blasted the cacti with the humidity from the dryer to simulate morning dew ... for 2 hours :)

I shall postpone a wash load for a few hours and do the same tonight , definitely beats misting them :)

bought a sulcorebutia rauschii : ),... no i will not be humidifying it in the same way ;)

noticed two german polaskias on ebay have changed from the name trichocereus on most ebays.... cept germany's it appears ..

i tried to mail them but they had barred all mail , lol maybe everyone was hammering em with "these are NOT trichocereus...etc"

before I got to em :)

same story with the pachycereus pringlei/ Carnegiea gigantea..but no name change

(still a noob and forget which is which - but then i dnt care as much for them as I do Tricho's)

started researching diatomaceous earth and pummice more

• Like 1

anyone in USA !!!

there's a DA mine in Nevada that sells their wares thru NAPA automobile spares

NAPA super absorbant .. for cleaning up spills .. comes in 25lb bags says $6.99 too

214603.jpg

this stuff looks perfect for growing cacti in , and bonsai for that matter ..

is anyone in usa also experimenting with "the perfect growing media" ?

still wrkn on oz ........and europe- so far only cat litter lol

• Like 1

R.I.P. Sasha shulgin , on to the next stages of godhood ..

snapped some pics , a side one of the small kk242 in question

gallery_14443_805_92241.jpg

and some of the huge one i got as a cutting from spain that came with all the spines missing and has only just rooted and started growing

gallery_14443_805_176920.jpg

gallery_14443_805_150834.jpg

and some sex shots of the other cacti :)

purpureopilosus, tarijensis and schickendantzii

gallery_14443_805_15091.jpggallery_14443_805_279169.jpggallery_14443_805_494384.jpg

deserticola

gallery_14443_805_212427.jpg

fulvilanus

gallery_14443_805_383336.jpg

Trichocereus werdermannianus WS259 Chaipiuco, Potosi, Bolivia (2937m)

gallery_14443_805_684110.jpg

pachanoi

gallery_14443_805_795869.jpg

terschalidus :]

gallery_14443_805_675280.jpg

colossus

gallery_14443_805_447514.jpg

juuls

gallery_14443_805_507191.jpg

werder

gallery_14443_805_185827.jpg

macro's from papaizinha

gallery_14443_805_741700.jpggallery_14443_805_199554.jpg

first tricho flower.. pachanoi

gallery_14443_805_131389.jpg

pasacana

gallery_14443_805_515305.jpg

tacaquirensis subsp taquimbalensis

gallery_14443_805_439729.jpg

pachasex

gallery_14443_805_171805.jpg

alien light bulb macro from uk

gallery_14443_805_292453.jpg

little willy :)

gallery_14443_805_468796.jpg

Gymnocalcium sanguiniflor' somethn

gallery_14443_805_750752.jpg

pele

gallery_14443_805_562838.jpg

big willy

gallery_14443_805_231203.jpg

Cereus peruvianus

gallery_14443_805_230329.jpg

T' werder' seedlings

gallery_14443_805_635138.jpg

tacaquirensis from succseed sprouted well using Zelly's advice ... golden

gallery_14443_805_638845.jpg

potted up Pilosocereus azureus - spines singed ages ago

gallery_14443_805_480928.jpg

mail man just came with more cacti :)

gallery_14443_805_347264.jpg

gallery_14443_805_309075.jpg

gallery_14443_805_441787.jpg

gallery_14443_805_341653.jpg

gallery_14443_805_459047.jpg

gallery_14443_805_761824.jpg

• Like 2

oooh more cuzcoenscious delights ! Thanks Michael !

I keep the old name by just re-writing the new one on the other side of the label :) , and all i changed rlly was the word peruvianus to cuzcoensis onnem - oh shii... that means I shd probably start hunting a real peruvianus :)..

- early hours of today; I blasted the cacti with the humidity from the dryer to simulate morning dew ... for 2 hours :)

I shall postpone a wash load for a few hours and do the same tonight , definitely beats misting them :)

bought a sulcorebutia rauschii : ),... no i will not be humidifying it in the same way ;)

noticed the polaskias on ebay have changed from the name trichocereus on most ebays.... cept germany's it appears ..

i tried to mail them but they had barred all mail , lol maybe everyone was hammering em with "these are NOT trichocereus...etc"

before I got to em :)

same story with the pachycereus ..but no name change

started researching diatomaceous earth and pummice more

Ahh the "real" peruvianus. It exists but they are all hybrids by nature anyway. There are some really good ones around, you can look at them and tell they are at least not cuzco.

As for the Polaskia genus, i have 2 of the species P. Chichipe

post-14984-0-67136300-1401805548_thumb.j

anyone in USA !!!

there's a DA mine in Nevada that sells their wares thru NAPA automobile spares

NAPA super absorbant .. for cleaning up spills .. comes in 25lb bags says $6.99 too

214603.jpg

this stuff looks perfect for growing cacti in , and bonsai for that matter ..

is anyone in usa also experimenting with "the perfect growing media" ?

still wrkn on oz ........and europe- so far only cat litter lol

I have never heard of this stuff but i live in the USA near a NAPA store so i think i will research and then buy this stuff if i like it.

Thanks!

After a quick look into what it is, it is pretty much a lot like lime stone but not so alkaline i think. It is made up of a layer of dead algae found in the earth and can be used horticulturally for anything perlite, vermiculite or any of these others are used for

post-14984-0-67136300-1401805548_thumb.jpg

post-14984-0-67136300-1401805548_thumb.jpg

Edited by BillyThKid
  • Like 1

settling into new home , can you see the big smile on em all :)post-14443-0-79416900-1401817143_thumb.j

and the validus X echinopsis showing that naked tip shizzle thing post-14443-0-74746800-1401817185_thumb.j

DSC00061.JPG

DSC00060.JPG

DSC00061.JPG

DSC00060.JPG

• Like 1

Napa is nothing like limestone and has been in use in the cacti community for quite some time now. It is more similar to pumice and can be used in place of pumice.

What the hello makes you think all Peru's are hybrids? You do know in Peru there are still wild populations. If you are speaking about the u.s cactus scene majority are possibly hybrids but cacti with collection data can be found linking them to their collector and location found in. Shit if you spent some time reading you would know this. Instead you have a year of growing cacti under your belt and a head full of misinformation which gives you the a false sense of arrogance. You are in no way close to being an expert nor do you have the right to speak with authority on the.subject.

Like I have told you before stop spreading your misinformation and conjecture, SPEND SOME DAM TIME GROWING AND NOT COLLECTING, and maybe in a few years you might learn something. You do realize there are folks here more experienced than both you and I on this forum right?

Ahh the "real" peruvianus. It exists but they are all hybrids by nature anyway. There are some really good ones around, you can look at them and tell they are at least not cuzco.

As for the Polaskia genus, i have 2 of the species P. Chichipe

attachicon.gifIMG_20131021_154032.jpg

I have never heard of this stuff but i live in the USA near a NAPA store so i think i will research and then buy this stuff if i like it.

Thanks!

After a quick look into what it is, it is pretty much a lot like lime stone but not so alkaline i think. It is made up of a layer of dead algae found in the earth and can be used horticulturally for anything perlite, vermiculite or any of these others are used for

yes thats the one ..DE ...diatomaceaous earth - I believe it is pure silica?

its nice to see it in a diff form ( i only saw it before when i bought food grade DE for trying to slay spidermites - no it didnt wrk)

i edited the polaskia thing to state clearer.., was an annoying ebayer in germany labelling 2 as tricho's and blocking messages

which I'd gathered some folk from here might've encountered on their hunt for the right priced cacti

im glad i cd help :) I found more info on bonsai growers using it in usa and they say its better than akadama :)

as the ONLY ingredient in their substrates... from seed to prize bonsai

in the stuff ive started using though, I keep whatever soil is stuck to the root ball and gently rake away the loose (a la bonsai, seeing as I'm from that background))

so mine have a tiny amount of compost still but not much... and i dont trim their roots, despite them being, in my mind;... trees too

at least with regards to tricho's , hence the looove for them :) but also they showed me some other gems along the way

-edit- the pups i have though have gone straight into it with zero compost...after rooting with zero compost... and seem to be happy as shii

p.s. it only looks like lime, it seems otherwise... inert - as far as the plants go, unlike lime which is very alkaline..

I recently chucked out all the lime in my cacti since it seemed to stop them growing last year

further research indicates that its used for a specific purpose of increasing certain erm "plant blood ingredients" in them

this makes sense seeing as mine seemed very stressed ; enough to stop growing at all ..

over here theres a lot of info , usually from the cactus sellers themselves ; that cacti love hardwater - thats a higher ph to rain

rain is usually ph4 , my tap water is about ph7... ~(seeing as I'm also experienced in aquatics as well as bonsai , if not cacti yet )

i stopped using the tap water on all my cacti cept for germinating , and that I just swapped for distilled water ..;

since sterility is no longer an issue with zelly's pro advice ..

so anyhoo I have been using rain as the source of my cacti's water and that may well have a part to play in the cacti's overall general health

being amazing all of a sudden ...

I dont know how true it is... but I was told USA banned its people from collecting rain?...

if it's not illegal , which kinda sounds silly from over here... land of the great precipitation ... uk

then Id recommend using rain with this DE since anything else might clog up the cation capacity ability of it

which is on par with pummice apparently , maybe superior :)

a good alternative (if rain is oddly enough: illegal) would be another product from the auto parts shop - distilled water :)

Napa is nothing like limestone and has been in use in the cacti community for quite some time now. It is more similar to pumice and can be used in place of pumice.

What the hello makes you think all Peru's are hybrids? You do know in Peru there are still wild populations. If you are speaking about the u.s cactus scene majority are possibly hybrids but cacti with collection data can be found linking them to their collector and location found in. Shit if you spent some time reading you would know this. Instead you have a year of growing cacti under your belt and a head full of misinformation which gives you the a false sense of arrogance. You are in no way close to being an expert nor do you have the right to speak with authority on the.subject.

Like I have told you before stop spreading your misinformation and conjecture, SPEND SOME DAM TIME GROWING AND NOT COLLECTING, and maybe in a few years you might learn something. You do realize there are folks here more experienced than both you and I on this forum right?

cool , i surmise by this y'allready know it well :)

- and awesome to know pure peruv's exist , the hunt is on!

....any ozzies or european folk got any ideas for awesome cheapo "new to some" substrates?

is there a thread on it? i guess there should be if not

this sexy beast so reminds me of one of Mutant's ...i thnk he named it after a grl , one with the toe shot :)

been in awe at his for about 2 yrs finding here by accident in google image searches post-14443-0-27162100-1401819029_thumb.j

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00001.JPG

Hey thunderhorse I hope you know my post was not directed towards you. I actually enjoy your enthusiasm for collecting. I have not been growing as long as some but definitely longer than a year. You remind me of my first few years growing but instead of cuttings I was collecting seeds. I love when folks get enthusiastic for cacti!

What pisses me off is kids like billy who are new to growing and think they have it all figured out. All his "knowledge" is regurgitated misinformation that plagues the cacti community. His advice is ridiculous at times with little experience and understanding backing his claims. That is not to say I am better. Hell I get caught up in my enthusiasm still and make stupidistakes still. But I do not go around advising others based on my assumptions like he does. I just started participating here but have been lurking for a while. I love this forum because the.standard of knowledge is at a higher bar than most forums and I feel he is just bringing that.down with his inexperience. Had he come here to learn and not try to establish himself as a pilar of knowledge based on his entire year of collecting I would not have a problem with him. But instead he comes here advising established growers with nonsense. Perhaps it is because he is reminiscent of that teo fellow with his "true blue" fiasco that he irks me. Shit my first year of growing I felt lucky to have established knowledgeable growers advising me and I still do. I wish I felt as entitled as billy to be so arrogant and try to give them advice haha.

Kid if you can grow aztekium on a peat based soil mix I will shut up and stop pointing out your obvious bad advice. And yes it has and can be done. You feel you belong among the ranks of the top growers prove it! Do some research and you will find examples of old school growers doing it before the mineral mix craze.

And I apologize to everyone for going so off topic. It is just that I hold this place to a high regard and do not want to see the great information here go down the drain due to the arrogance of some self entitled kid.

Back on topic I gave my cacti there monthly dose of fertilizers and a nice big drink.

Edited by someone
  • Like 1

Hey thunderhorse I hope you know my post was not directed towards you. I actually enjoy your enthusiasm for collecting. I have not been growing as long as some but definitely longer than a year. You remind me of my first few years growing but instead of cuttings I was collecting seeds. I love when folks get enthusiastic for cacti!

What pisses me off is kids like billy who are new to growing and think they have it all figured out. All his "knowledge" is regurgitated misinformation that plagues the cacti community. His advice is ridiculous at times with little experience and understanding backing his claims. That is not to say I am better. Hell I get caught up in my enthusiasm still and make stupidistakes still. But I do not go around advising others based on my assumptions like he does. I just started participating here but have been lurking for a while. I love this forum because the.standard of knowledge is at a higher bar than most forums and I feel he is just bringing that.down with his inexperience. Had he come here to learn and not try to establish himself as a pilar of knowledge based on his entire year of collecting I would not have a problem with him. But instead he comes here advising established growers with nonsense. Perhaps it is because he is reminiscent of that teo fellow with his "true blue" fiasco that he irks me. Shit my first year of growing I felt lucky to have established knowledgeable growers advising me and I still do. I wish I felt as entitled as billy to be so arrogant and try to give them advice haha.

Kid if you can grow aztekium on a peat based soil mix I will shut up and stop pointing out your obvious bad advice. And yes it has and can be done. You feel you belong among the ranks of the top growers prove it! Do some research and you will find examples of old school growers doing it before the mineral mix craze.

And I apologize to everyone for going so off topic. It is just that I hold this place to a high regard and do not want to see the great information here go down the drain due to the arrogance of some self entitled kid.

Back on topic I gave my cacti there monthly dose of fertilizers and a nice big drink.

Oh no no no, we dont get to call out people without reason for BS and not back up what you claim.

First off Lime stone and this stuff from Napa are both made of the exoskeletons of sea dwelling creatures which have lots of calcium in them. Hence why i said they are "a lot like lime stone but not so alkaline" and i also compared it closer to perlite and a couple others so piss off.

Second of all, I have been growing psychedelic cacti for a little over a year, but i have been gardening for my whole life. And i have apparently forgotten more in that year than you ever knew.

I came to this forum "arrogant" because i have already been on one forum for a while posting and i think i got the hang of it, no need to do the same thing twice when i know much more now than i did back when i joined the other forum(which i am still a proud member of). ontop of that i have my own blog with close to 2000 followers now from around the world. many of which are cacti collectors and growers of whom i have talked to quite a bit. Not only did i learn from them but i have been studying under a Shaman elder for over a year now as well. I am by no means a shaman but i am an acolyte. I dont know everything, or close to it, but i know enough to say what i say and do what i do because i have first hand experience or know several orthers with it

Third is that Yea sure Aztekium seeds can be grown on peat based soil, or just about anything. However there are methods and Techs which help improve survival rates, germination rates, and prevent molds and fungi. I dont know where your coming from with all this bullshit but come now please teach me a lesion.

Show me my misinformation, quote me, i wont stand for these insults and no member should. I will see you in court.

Oh and another thing, yes all peruvian torches are hybrids no matter where they come from. You see in the wild there are these funny little creatures called bats, in south america they pollinate most of the cacti there especially trichocereus cacti. They along with a few moths are what work the flowers, now how do you think cacti like this evolved? a peruvian torch might be pollinated and then the bat heads over to a bridgesii and boom you have a natural cross. Then those seeds drop close to the original pollinated plant and once the plants from it grow large enough this hybrid is crossed with the other cacti around by bats. And this is just talking about one time with one bat that did this when in reality it is happening all the time. However long it took for the trichocereus genus to come along this has been going on, more than 50,000 years i would think. So you think how many thousands of times that has happened and tell me that there are such things as "PURE" peruvian torches.

Check your privileged sir

Edited by BillyThKid

rawrz... im beat frm all this cacturbatin' :D

but fed all of them double strength feed and let them dry in the wind and sun , which they did quickly

-edit- only possible with this new media-

-*reads some posts folk made...

aye I knew and aww thanks :)

, and wow , here is the elite of cacti#?

no wonder everything here seems to make a krillion times more sense than any other cacti info place I came across

and to think one uk one wanted to charge me for some crappy uk privileges that look shit from where I'm standing :)

I love gettn enthusiastic about nearly any tree, but there's something particularly awesome about tree cacti and this site ..

love to mingle with the like minded too :) and learn ..

i nicknamed the validus from mutant vagalidus ... EG said terscheckii 1st time , after asking the 2nd time he asked for pics of it, then saw them in a post that I hadnt added those pics to .... but hey, I can accept being a noob and having now looked long and hard enough at everyone's vagalidusses

for a month or 2 to have now locked into my head the features to look for that folk said, that for some reason I couldnt see

until I saw , if you catch my drift

but then...

he cant be a supermod on a cactaceality like here

for no reason tho..., maybe time will help .. (me to understand more about vajalidus)

still got what i just read from nitrogen echoeing in my head "dont name a clone if you dont know" ...

: /

Oh no no no, we dont get to call out people without reason for BS and not back up what you claim.

First off Lime stone and this stuff from Napa are both made of the exoskeletons of sea dwelling creatures which have lots of calcium in them. Hence why i said they are "a lot like lime stone but not so alkaline" and i also compared it closer to perlite and a couple others so piss off.

Second of all, I have been growing psychedelic cacti for a little over a year, but i have been gardening for my whole life. And i have apparently forgotten more in that year than you ever knew.

I came to this forum "arrogant" because i have already been on one forum for a while posting and i think i got the hang of it, no need to do the same thing twice when i know much more now than i did back when i joined the other forum(which i am still a proud member of). ontop of that i have my own blog with close to 2000 followers now from around the world. many of which are cacti collectors and growers of whom i have talked to quite a bit. Not only did i learn from them but i have been studying under a Shaman elder for over a year now as well. I am by no means a shaman but i am an acolyte. I dont know everything, or close to it, but i know enough to say what i say and do what i do because i have first hand experience or know several orthers with it

Third is that Yea sure Aztekium seeds can be grown on peat based soil, or just about anything. However there are methods and Techs which help improve survival rates, germination rates, and prevent molds and fungi. I dont know where your coming from with all this bullshit but come now please teach me a lesion.

Show me my misinformation, quote me, i wont stand for these insults and no member should. I will see you in court.

Oh and another thing, yes all peruvian torches are hybrids no matter where they come from. You see in the wild there are these funny little creatures called bats..

... just learning this one myself too...

lets hope it doesnt get blighted with personal issues when it's really about:

-the plants and the fun to be had learning from them

-avoiding the pitfalls

-and those who can qualify for mastery of the subject ? and seeing what worked for them .. and being grateful

-finding new ways of doing the best things , perhaps a little righter, down to things like materials and such that might not have been so ready available maybe one time ?

-maybe making ways and plants cheaper , better value and more commonly available?

at least; these are things virtue is leading me to aspire toward...

maybe lime is worthwhile too for all i know , but in smaller amounts maybe ... cdve overdone it *shrug*

Yes because I brag so much about how long I have been growing. You have no idea what I know kid.

Wow a blog. I forgot how exclusive and hard to start those are. And do tell me more about this shaman. Is he some hipster who.spent a year in the amazon and came back enlightened? I have yet to meet a true medicine man who self identifies as a shaman from either native American or Mexican tribes. I have family from two different tribes so please enlighten me on the ways of my people. After all you have a blog.

Your next point already.points out your misinformation. Bridgesii do not grow in Peru. So why would a bat travel hundreds if not thousands of miles to polinate a plant in a completely different.country. and yes I have looked for pictures of bridges in Peru. If you or anyone has pics of bridges in Peru please feel free to.prove me wrong. I'll learn something new as well as getting some bridge pics. Win win. I do not see cross polination of perus cuzcos and pachs as hybrids. They are all subspecies as far as tje latest genetic testing shows. Until the next more thorough study is published I wait to make up my mind. I do agree though pure species is a misnomer but I have little interest is taxonomy so it is irrelevant to me.

Reply if you wish, post on your oh so glamorous.blog about me haha, but I am done with you. I was done with you the minute you said you study under a "shaman". A shaman is a siberian healer not a native north or south American curandero. Unless you are learning siberian animism? Either way this has been fun but not conducize to either of our time plus the whole derailing of a pleasant thread. I stand by what I have said but still extend to.you and others an apology. Let's just agree to disagree. You can post your nonsense and I will hold my tongue. Clearly a blog and a mestizo "shaman" elevate you to infallibility.

Yes because I brag so much about how long I have been growing. You have no idea what I know kid.

Wow a blog. I forgot how exclusive and hard to start those are. And do tell me more about this shaman. Is he some hipster who.spent a year in the amazon and came back enlightened? I have yet to meet a true medicine man who self identifies as a shaman from either native American or Mexican tribes. I have family from two different tribes so please enlighten me on the ways of my people. After all you have a blog.

Your next point already.points out your misinformation. Bridgesii do not grow in Peru. So why would a bat travel hundreds if not thousands of miles to polinate a plant in a completely different.country. and yes I have looked for pictures of bridges in Peru. If you or anyone has pics of bridges in Peru please feel free to.prove me wrong. I'll learn something new as well as getting some bridge pics. Win win. I do not see cross polination of perus cuzcos and pachs as hybrids. They are all subspecies as far as tje latest genetic testing shows. Until the next more thorough study is published I wait to make up my mind. I do agree though pure species is a misnomer but I have little interest is taxonomy so it is irrelevant to me.

Reply if you wish, post on your oh so glamorous.blog about me haha, but I am done with you. I was done with you the minute you said you study under a "shaman". A shaman is a siberian healer not a native north or south American curandero. Unless you are learning siberian animism? Either way this has been fun but not conducize to either of our time plus the whole derailing of a pleasant thread. I stand by what I have said but still extend to.you and others an apology. Let's just agree to disagree. You can post your nonsense and I will hold my tongue. Clearly a blog and a mestizo "shaman" elevate you to infallibility.

For someone who complains about people acting like they know everything and being new here, you sure are new here and act like you know everything...

hostilis

• Like 2

Again my apologies. I misplaced my manners and took things too personally. I will work to see it does not happen again and only post when I can be constructive from now on. If my last.posts can be deleted I.think it would be for the best. That is not the person I wish to be and had a major lapse in judgement.

• Like 3

This is entertaining, please guys continue.......

• Like 2

settling into new home , can you see the big smile on em all :)attachicon.gifDSC00061.JPG

and the validus X echinopsis showing that naked tip shizzle thing attachicon.gifDSC00060.JPG

Awesome collection man , any more pics of the valid us x echinopsis?
  • Like 1

Awesome collection man , any more pics of the valid us x echinopsis?

one sec , ill get me camera n lights...

and thank you kindly :)

post-14443-0-02746400-1401835012_thumb.j

post-14443-0-02077600-1401835019_thumb.j

thats all 4 of em

these are from the largest cactus nursery in uk , sadly its the only thing they have for trichocereus

labelled as trichocereus validus X echinopsis

i wrote to them asking what the echinopsis parent was , but the person i wrote to had no clue at all

they seemed to misguide me about some pots too .. but im guessing p/t staff maybe? lol

id like to guess oxygona or rhodotricha so i bought an oxygona ... still hunting a rhodo

plus they make excellent house cacti - echinopsis- since they flower like fk from what i gather

before i started posting here, i was planning to learn the whole trichocereus famlily , but gathered I should also learn echinopsis

since they are so closely tied

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

• Like 1