The Corroboree
bit

What did you do to your cacti today?

Today i was more busy. Caught a snail in my Cactusroom. Sounds not that dramatic but it was a very fast and agressive one. B)

I have a good gene pool so i´m pretty sure i will produce some nice hybrids next year. Will keep you updated about my crosses.

*Scene of EG's avatar stalking a snail in a cactus jungle* :lol:

Please do! Can't wait for em'! But... winter can wait mind...

Located a big dead Rat !!! A big win for me, this bastard has been killing me and more specifically my plants. Ate over a kilo of warfarin based poison over the last month, had no effect and was too smart for traps.

Finally got my hands on some real rat poison and first meal one is dead :)

rats and mice have been immune to warfrin for literally decades. The only reason the still sell it is cause ppl keep buying it...did same goes for ant rid.

tom cat is a good brand of rat bait, especially the red one.

rain rain rain.......... have fresh cuttings in the ground........ so had to protect them from rain to prevent rot.

made numerous persk cuttings. readied up the pots for when the cuts have dried suffciently.

setting up my garden work bench/desk.

made perspex covers for some of my baskets, so the lizards cant climb in and eat all the peresk leaves.

made some opuntia cuts.

and some hylocerues and selincerues cuts.

made a seed order with Koehers (a cactus suprise mix)

tomorrow more gardening.

Fucking rats! Basically ate all of my first round of loph seedlings in one foul swoop, I was soo soo gutted I've baited my house with about 10 rat baits and traps for everyroom, hopefully the rodent cleansing will begin soon enough :devil:

I stared at mine for 1/2 hour :wub: whilst drinking my morning caffiene enema....... same as I do everyday that I'm not at work.

• Like 4

Over the last couple of days gave mine a water which i have to do every 3 days with my cactus on the roof it's a pain in the arse but I'm getting amazing growth gave them a fertilize i added some coconut milk for the first time to see if i can get a few more pups

Put down some seed psychoO x super ped, lophs, Peru, and about 5000 pilosocereus hoping to get some freaks. I want a big crested bright blue azureus

Watered and took some cuttings off my peres then just admired all my cactus

polinated some loph flowers, pollinated some turbos with some loph pollen just for shits and giggles. urinated on some tricho crests.

checked on my ario fissure seedlings everything looks good.

Well, I'm glad all you guys are having such a wonderful time with your cacti. Just as I ended the war on spider mites on my indoor cacti, I go out to my outdoor guys and find them all having a big ol' rot party! :BANGHEAD2:

001ahc.jpg

002fwq.jpg

003sgw.jpg

I've got that nasty, empty in the guts feeling. :puke:

• Like 1

Today,... made 9 grafts, all on opuntia. (Lophops, 1 unknown spp of Mammillaria, 2 trichs).

Have about 25 peresk cuttings drying since yesterday that will go in small pots for grafting. Unfortunately my cacti seed order was declined :-( Didnt have time to check if it was insufficient funds or that it was the card itself that was only for USDollar purchases and not for Euro purchases. I expect the latter.

Fortunately I have plenty other plants & seeds to keep me busy. :)

Restocked my Peres for grafting, grafted secon lot of fissuratus (x16 now).

Reconfigured cacti under the fluoros to make it more functional( containers for Peres soi can keep em wet, grafts separate from Peres to alter water regime). Still nice and warm for em all. Put down seed of ~100 of 4 crosses of arios and a couple of lophs. looked through seed bank amdnrealised out of loph seed. Bugger. Lol

Spent an hour or so pulling some weeds many hours still needed

Took a few cuttings for grafting stock :lol:

post-4489-0-23769700-1321694117_thumb.jp post-4489-0-05727300-1321694142_thumb.jp

Cheers

Got

post-4489-0-23769700-1321694117_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-05727300-1321694142_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-23769700-1321694117_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-05727300-1321694142_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Pulled a couple of weeds, fertilized most of them. Took some photos of the echinopsis flowers :)

Lovin your irrigation work there GoOn biggrin.gif Does that just run to a hose tap? or have you got some sort or system set up? Mite have to invest some time in something like that, getting very tired of watering every couple of days

Lovin your irrigation work there GoOn Posted Image Does that just run to a hose tap? or have you got some sort or system set up? Mite have to invest some time in something like that, getting very tired of watering every couple of days

The drippers are from an old commercial system and are run off my irrigation controller. A similar system could easily be set up using a basic tap timer and readily available drippers.

In amongst my cacti I also have a few misters that spray up into the air spread throughout my collection so all of the columns get a fine mist every time they are watered. I also only water at night to try and give them the same sort of conditions that they would have in the wild.

That being said all of my cacti get watered and fertilized regally through the hot months of the year

Cheers

Got

Today? Well today I checked the weather report and saw that it's meant to continue raining consistently for days yet. So I started freaking out. Moved everything into as sheltered space as possible without bringing them inside which I don't think would be a great idea. God I don't even know. These things are going to get soaked no matter where I leave them outside as I have minimal shelter from the elements, growing beautiful plants on the veranda of an apartment. Noticed some mold setting in on the top of a pachanoi cutting (not an end cut). Scary times. I hope they don't rot!! Whats more, I hope it stops fucking raining soon because it's meant to be hot and summery god damnit! :uzi: Got new pups coming up on some freshly rooted cuttings that were rock hard after the first day of rainfall after 2 or 3 nice hot days. Now their getting squishy. And I'm starting to stress.

same here - rain rain rain and more rain! -

cuttings for grafting that were put in the ground are shelterd now under a sheet of plexiglass.

but will plants some seeds today. pssiflora incarnata /delosperuum bossenarum / ololiuqui

I've moved all mine out from under the eve and into the line of rain from the heavens. They could do with a good natural soaking.

today i potted cuts of an mg red spine, a bridgesii (i think it's standard, not sure), and a melted wax bridgesii.

Grafted 9 pach/loph, prepped new logs for grafting stock growers next year, and sowed out rest of ario seeds.

Seeds sown 19th have begun to sprout, just waiting on the grafting Peres to get set. Checked ario grafts, seem ok, another half week to go til they come Out of humidity...

Misted my seedlings and counted another day towards the end of winter... which has only just begun.

just limed my whole collection. I haven't don't that in 3 or more years.

lets see now .... i degrafted shit loads of peres grafts , did some regrafts to trichs, watered , killed some mealies, re-potted some seedlings , took some cuts... fuck all really cant be arsed the beer is too gud :rolleyes: