The Corroboree
tripsis

Recent spate of threads on illegal activities

You really should show EG more respect phyllode.

The guy spends a lot of his time from the goodness of his heart trying to do what is best for the forum as a whole.

It would be a very difficult job being a mod at times and he Isn't always going to get it right.

He does a pretty bloody good job though from what i see and maybe you should cut him some slack regardless of wether or not you think your right or wrong !

• Like 6

Geez Phyllode, why dont we both chill a little bit out and cut each other some slack? I know you are in a difficult position and i dont have any personal problems with you nor did i indicate in any way that you are a big Time Drug Trafficer. So please stop reading things into my words that simply arent there. I dont even know you and the first experience i had with you was that you tried to undermine a decision of mine. Cant you understand that this left me no choice but to act consequently? I already explained this numerous times to you and i get the feeling you just dont want to understand. I was informed that a storms coming up and i wanted to be on the safe side. Torsten is back now and now he´s the one who´s having to check peoples posts if they are alright or not again. This is a private board and if you respect the rules and the people who try to keep it running, you´ve got nothing to fear here. Its not our fault that the australian laws create a lot of fear. Like i said, torsten is the Admin of this place and he usually knows best how far he can go. I dont moderate most forums that are about Ayahusca containing plants and torsten is always interested to create a good balance between not breaking the law and having some good information around. If you are in doubt, you can always ask him. I dont feel like keeping this discussion between you and me going on forever because i´m sure we both have more important stuff on our minds so i offer you an opportunity to leave that drama behind and go on now. I for my part will do that for sure and you´d be best to do whatever feels right for you. If you wanna go on like this, its fine for me too. But it would be a good chance to become known as someone who has positive stuff to say. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

You really should show EG more respect phyllode.

The guy spends a lot of his time from the goodness of his heart trying to do what is best for the forum as a whole.

It would be a very difficult job being a mod at times and he Isn't always going to get it right.

He does a pretty bloody good job though from what i see and maybe you should cut him some slack regardless of wether or not you think your right or wrong !

Look, I respect it would be hard being a mod, and I would hope that EG does not take personal offense to my arguments. I simply found the thread warning incomprehensible in comparison with most similar sites.

But, those other members who simply want to attack me with insults such as 'stupid' or 'dense' in defence of EG are resembling ugly power-structure sycophants.

This place seems very much more hierarchy obsessed than actually listening to the points of argument. If non-abusive criticism cannot be emotionally dealt with, people should not be throwing their power about,

nor using insults in defence.

Really, given the content of the thread of contention, most experienced people I asked, and I mean as experienced if not more so than Torsten (respect to Torsten) in the field of ethnobotanic information and public sites cannot see what the fuss is about.

Farewell.

Edited by phyllode

Evil Genius, i respect you and your position. It is good I have now had a chance to hear your position in more detail. I wish no more dispute. Stay well.

It was, more than anything, a couple of other member's posts which have set me off, and I will from now on just ignore those people.

I ask if maybe a more detailed description of legal limits and the SAB Site's policy could be made easily visible, as it seems stricter in some regards than sites I would consider similar.

• Like 3

Alright Phyllode, lets just call it a wrap and try to look forward now. The situation i was in, i was trying to avoid borderline topics under any circumstances because i wasnt sure what was about to hit us. Torsten and Planthelper know exactly how far they can go and im sure they would allow a lot more because of that. If you have doubts about the legality of a question, you can always ask some of the mods or Torsten. He´s always very helpful. I am too and i always haven an open ear for problems but i usually dont deal with borderline Aya stuff. I moderate the cactus forum with my colleague Watertrade and we are very strict in regard to anything that has to do with Potency and ingestion of Cacti because we want to keep em legal. We pinned the Rules of the cactus forum on top in case you wanna read a little bit more about that. Enjoy your time being here and feel free to bring some positive input into the site. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1