The Corroboree
indigo264nm

11\11\11 11:11:11am

Yeah sly, you know i dont really care. Everyone creates its own reality somehow and if thats what you believe then its alright. But i heard so many numbers games and connections in the past years that i see the concept in its whole ridiculousness. I agree that every living creature sees the world diffrently, depending on the sense organs it has but i fail to see what this has to do with manmade dates and another manmade term called god. I also agree that the universe can be understood as a form of software programm and that there is a connection between the prime numbers and the laws of nature. You know, there is a connection between the prime numbers and the the number Pi, the number with which you can define one of the most complete shapes of the universe, the circle. But all this lacks any religious context...its simply based on laws of nature. Even if you would consider the universe as software programm and assume there is someone who wrote it...we would still not need the religious context to understand it. Religions are the cancer of the earth because they go hand in hand with fanatism, racism, schrizophrenia and all other other little words that come in mind. Whenever i hear religious people talk about the afterlife, i get the cringes because its naturally that everything that was born will eventually die in the end. Simply proven by the fact that people dont remember anything from the time before they were born. Because they werent there. Same applies for the other end of the road. Sly, i accept if people are religious but i really believe its one of the most important responsibilities to make young people clear that they wont find themselves in heaven with ten virgins after they gave their life for allah or some crazy shit like that. Everyone should be fully aware of the fact that they need to live NOW because there wont be another life up in heaven. I know it hurts but its best to see things like they are. However, I know this has nothing to do with you and i do think that you have some really good starting points in your theory. You know, its not that i totally think this is out of place. Im extremely interested in numbers and the universe too. I just look at it from an atheistic point of view. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Hey spun out ! I set the alarm on my mobile for it because of this thread, but removed the alarm at 10:30am because i didn't think anything would happen to me at work ...but i ended up getting my car bogged heavily in a paddock , had to use the jack and some planks of wood to get out and missed half an hour of work ! the time? 11am ! :wink:

To Evil Genius:

I do understand your point of view.. I have drifted away over the years from what was once an almost completely spiritually occupied existence. This is probably due to the pursuit of information and studying science, which alters the way you perceive reality and even the way you approach situations. With increased focus on the rational, the emotional becomes disconnected, and spiritual devotion is very emotionally driven.

However, with attention and focus to certain things, people alter their own perception of reality. When people have spiritual associations to these things, like in this instance the repetition of certain numbers, they ultimately change the way they perceive their world to bend around their beliefs.

When this happens as a collective there is the potential for that to have an impact on the way normal people without those beliefs perceive or experience the world. A good example is how all of the organised religions separately and collectively have impacted humanity in a multitude of different ways, from historical to societal, or ethically to economically.

So if you think things like this hold little significance, for reasons such as time being a variable construct we created in this case, you shouldn't underestimate what belief and devotion to things like this can potentially create.

If enough people convinced themselves that they experience some spiritual association with this number, and those people also carry related beliefs regarding the evolution of the human race and a shift of consciousness, they may indeed be the people who cause changes to world.

Hell, for all I know, the emphasis people are putting on the Mayan long count calendar and 2012 could just be all hype... but the fact of the matter is that a lot of people believe that there are going to be radical changes to the world following the end of that calendar - with most optimistic that it's for the better.

Those who believe such are the people most inclined to make an effort to be the people who better society, who encourage others to make those changes and hopefully shape the world slowly to the place we want it to be.

I hope this doesn't come across as condescending. I don't pretend to know all the answers... I'm just offering a perspective that gels with me and still helps me keep some element of spirituality in my life - even if none of these beliefs are real, we still create these constructs ultimately to try and create a better existence.

• Like 2

If enough people convinced themselves that they experience some spiritual association with this number, and those people also carry related beliefs regarding the evolution of the human race and a shift of consciousness, they may indeed be the people who cause changes to world.

Yeah, These people will eventually grow in numbers and become a powerful force. As their power and influence grows there ideas will become more extreme and their egos will convince them that know best. They will then proceed to create destruction and affliction on anyone who doesn’t share their idealistic beliefs.

I’m sure most organized religions where created on that same logic.

Peace

• Like 2

In a few thousand years from now, when the Oceans Eleven took over the world, you can portray me as the Anti-Eleven. :devil:

• Like 3

It seems funny to me that 11 is important only because our numbering system is base-10 (meaning we increase denomination by multiples of 10). If we had a base-12 system the number that would appear to be 11 would in fact be 13, and this would hold special meaning to lots of people, and 11 would just be another single digit number. If we had a base-8 system, it would instead be 9. It seems illogical to me to put any special significance into a number just because of its appearance. 11 isn't really special, it has no properties that are interesting that other numbers don't have.

• Like 1

how was 11.11.11 on the 11th of the 11th of the 11th different for me than it was to someone on a different timeline.... lets say the other side of the globe ? who is say twelve hours behind on the gmt ?

It was the "same moment in time" was it not ?

• Like 1

It seems funny to me that 11 is important only because our numbering system is base-10 (meaning we increase denomination by multiples of 10). If we had a base-12 system the number that would appear to be 11 would in fact be 13, and this would hold special meaning to lots of people, and 11 would just be another single digit number. If we had a base-8 system, it would instead be 9. It seems illogical to me to put any special significance into a number just because of its appearance. 11 isn't really special, it has no properties that are interesting that other numbers don't have.

I was actually going to make the same point, Sheather. I think that the reason we tend to run with a base-10 system is that we have ten fingers and they were probably the first thing we used to count with. If humans had four finger on each hand we would be counting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21 etc... with 11 having the same value as our normal 9.

I reckon that our mathematics system based on integers is not wholly compatable with the mathematics of the universe. I believe that there is a counting system (non-linear) where the universal constants (pi, phi etc...) would be represented as integers. If we could find that counting system I think we'd be closer to cracking the ultimate theory of the universe.

I share the fingers opinion. Base 12 always seemed superior to me. Divisible by 1,2,3,4,6 and partially divisible by 8,9 (2/3 and 3/4). I tried explaining it to my dad and he never really understood the point I was trying to get across, going on about how finances and currencies would be ruined etc.

A non-linear counting system sounds like it would require an algorithm to determine the number sequence, and as such, would be enourmously difficult to use on a day-to-day basis.

EDIT: also and forms of manipulation (+-/*) would result in weird figures

Edited by Sheather

how was 11.11.11 on the 11th of the 11th of the 11th different for me than it was to someone on a different timeline.... lets say the other side of the globe ? who is say twelve hours behind on the gmt ?It was the "same moment in time" was it not ?

tumblr_luiuuio2Ly1qb6i6bo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1321188541&Signature=o7hPLdpXfTr7%2FYUeg6egznrx6Ew%3D

I think if you are ascribing meaning to the numbers, rather than what they are being used to represent - then you have missed the boat.

You can have 'two apples', you cannot have 'two'.

A non-linear counting system sounds like it would require an algorithm to determine the number sequence, and as such, would be enourmously difficult to use on a day-to-day basis.

EDIT: also and forms of manipulation (+-/*) would result in weird figures

Agreed.

It's already clear from the discovery of irrational numbers that the mathematics of the universe do not conform to our integer based counting system. Integers are perfect for dealing with day to day mathematics... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think we are so reliant on integers that it's difficult to think outside the box, even impossible to do so in any ay other than theoretically. The same way it's very difficult to imagine a sense outside our normal five or, drilling down, to imagine colours outside the spectrum of visual light.

If we could discover and understand the mathematics of the universe, we'd be in a really interesting place. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever understand it as long as we count the way we do.

Base 12 always seemed superior to me. Divisible by 1,2,3,4,6 and partially divisible by 8,9 (2/3 and 3/4). I tried explaining it to my dad and he never really understood the point I was trying to get across, going on about how finances and currencies would be ruined etc.

Ha ah.. just thinking about this - how funny would it be watching the world trying to adjust if suddenly it was decided that we would no longer use a base ten system but would move forward with a base 12 system.

Imagine the confusion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

EGYPT will close the Great Pyramid of Giza later today to avoid any rituals by a group rumoured to have plans to mark the date of 11/11/11 at the site, an official said.

The decision came "after much pressure" from Egyptian Internet users saying strange rituals were going to be held "within the walls of the pyramid on November 11, 2011", said Atef Abu Zahab, head of the Department of Pharaonic Archaeology.

The Supreme Council of Antiquities confirmed the closure of the tourist site in a statement that only referred to the need for maintenance following a busy period during Muslim holidays.

The Pyramid of Cheops is the biggest and most famous of the three Giza pyramids. It houses the tomb of Pharaoh Khufu, and is one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.

Numerologists are anxiously awaiting today, when the digital alignment of ones occurs at 11.11 am, which some believe will lead to unusual events.

Thousands of people plan to meet at the time around the world for ceremonial dances, and several pages devoted to the date have appeared on social networking website Facebook.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/great-pyramid-shut-to-avoid-111111-rituals/story-e6freonf-1226192063707

Slybacon I was of the opinion that the group was going to deface the pyramid's interior with some kind of graffiti, which is why it was closed. In this article it's not really mentioned except here.

a group rumoured to have plans to mark the date of 11/11/11 at the site, an official said.

33 was an interesting year for me.

It would be interesting to might the result of numbers from a golden ratio point of view. But then, how would that be worked out (day/month/year intervals?), and from which point (Big Bang/sentient consciousness emerging/significant prophets eg Jesus?) that would flow from. I wonder if it might only make sense in a Torus-like view of the Universe, as in to see it in cycle form where in space/time might significant Ley Lines (in a manner) might converge. Perhaps the '60s and the birth of what a lot of people call the New Age is one of those time references.

In any case, I believe any numbers created from a human/materialistic outlook will only have the power ascribed to them by those who believe in their power. For good or evil whatever they may be. I'd like to see a good-hearted Christian take back the numbers 666. One less number without negative thought-forms. And by that I don't mean people who like 666 for shallow image purposes, nor do I mean people who like 666 are all evil *eyeroll* I hope what I'm trying to splutter out makes sense...