The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7baz

im so angry i have to get this off my chest.

backyard escargot bro, growing up out of town in our family we have done this for years

snail-close-up.jpg

snails-closeup.jpg

if they look like this which i'd say in Sydney they do, go for it

as long as you clean them for for around 10 days in a bucket with a cm of water while feeding them a leafy green to clean out their insides, just change the water everyday, then in the morning on the last day add salt and more water and leave them for a few hours and they vomit everything's out of their stomach

boil for anytime upwards of 10 minutes minutes

take them out and get them out of the shell

wash each one under the tap

back in the shell with good butter minced garlic and a fraction of salt, or whatever you think will be good

in the oven until they bubble

done *

there's a few proteins and fatty acids in em but its for the taste, they're the bomb

i've never gotten sick in like 15 years of doing this, as long as they look like ^ and are prepared, once you do it you'll never stop

haha eth, you're a funny cunt.

There's at least one restaurant in adelaide that sources it's snails from the local parks after it rains and treats them the way eth described.

Put them in a bucket or tub with fresh lettuce, replace the lettuce/water each day for 14 or so days to clean them out then cook/bake as you want