The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7baz

im so angry i have to get this off my chest.

last night im watering my 160 plus bonsai trees and on my most smallest tree i find a pest.

the $#@%ing thing ate the whole tree on its own.

%$#@ing ....#@$% , %@#$ son of a %$#@

if i had a shotgun there and then i would have used it and blasted it away..

by the way the tree is a mulberry and had approx half a dozen leaves on it.

by he way no joke.,.its a baby snail lol

me being the loving and caring type of nature , i put it in the garden.

img1978sc.jpg

that saxa is just begging to be used, smails/slugs get the boot around here :), i hate them so much i have recently lost a whole plant to the buggers :|

here another pic for size idea.

damn it i hope my lil tree lives.. it should be ok right ????

img1980ho.jpg

Sorry for your loss, but that photo is somewhat amusing

Fuck peace and love bro, ya should have treated it like it waterbombed ya :P

Or maybe it was helping ya keep the bonsai bonsaied

i think its amusing too.

i think the tree will be ok.

by the way that lil white bonsai pot is tokoname , its over 100 years old.

she is stamped , i got it from japan.

Amazing coincidence. It rained last night and I gave myself tennis elbow from throwing snails that crawled out onto a concrete path. I let the chooks into the garden for a short time to clean up the massacre.

Fuck peace and love bro, ya should have treated it like it waterbombed ya :P

Ba Ha sik cunt ! I was thinking something similaruzi.gif

Half glass full - would have been worse if it had decimated an older and more valuable bonsai!

Still, sucks the big one to find some asshole of a creature destroying your plants. I guess its not their fault though - I'm just still a little pissed because last night I lost the perpetual battle against the possums who love to ruin my plants.

i used to have possums attack my trees.

then i figured a way around it

i put white oil around the bases of my pots rather then directly on my trees.

by the way that lil white bonsai pot is tokoname , its over 100 years old.

she is stamped , i got it from japan.

That is a very beautiful pot, i was admiring it before. The "slug on a stick" did steal the focus though. Small things small minds?

This is a perfect opportunity to practice non-attachment and tolerance ;) the little fella was hungry, imagine you were hungry but moving as slow as this guy to get your meal!

^^^ I just poured boiling water over a cockroach in the kitchen, then felt really bad. Normally the cat will kill them but she obviously can't be arsed right now. Put them out in the open for the birds. Let nature do the dirty work blush.gif

I once caught a mouse in my garbage can by accident. Its was cold winter, like minus ten degree. I decided i dont want to kill it because i like animals. Instead, i decided to set it free and put the garbage can out the door, hoping it would jump in freedom like a young deer. But it didnt. When i came back 20 mins later, it was nearly frozen and somewhere between death and life. I was shocked because i know how bad the cold can be and carried it to my heater and tried to perform first aid. Eventhough i performed a variety of revitalation acts, i couldnt save her life. The mouse died sometime during the night. I never ever forgave me for not thinking about the possibility of the mouse dying from the cold. Never. Probably never will. Not because i kinda killed it but because it suffered like that. We need to get rid of mice, Cockroaches or rats because they are an immense hazard to our health but i try to make it fast now. Moral of the story: Its probably more humane to kill vermins right away. But i understand why you dont feel like, Fancy. I do something very similar with slugs and snails. I always throw the slugs in direction of my sea. If it lands on land, it has earned its life. If not, well...bad luck. Some of the tricks we play to deal with a guilty conscience. I hate slugs because they can kill a whole tray of seedlings in just a few hours and thats why i recently started to kill em again when one almost terminated a unique seedling tray with cristates. But i always feel guilty like hell so i try to miss intentionally most of the time. :blush:

Eventhough i performed a variety of revitalation acts, i couldnt save her life.

Your story is a real tear-jerker EG, you should have tried mouth to mouth resuscitation. :wink:

It's so easy for us to take our frustrations out on lower life forms than it is to deal with the reality of our own inabilities to provide a healthy & safe environment for that which we cherish.

If slugs & snails gotta eat too, why not provide them something to eat rather than force them to eat whatever they can scrounge on their own?

i never hurt living things , hence it was only a baby snail.

thats why i just put it back outside into nature where it belongs.

tree is fine , already started to shoot new leaves lol

every living thing has a soul , and everything living is conscious.

Yeah as soon as I heard that I started thinking of microbes and such. How do you regard life? I don't really think of it as a boolean (that is "true or false") but more of a graded scale. Viruses cannot survive or replicate without other life, and are closest at this stage to the non-life end, then bacterium, insects, all the way up to elephants and whales as the largest, most apparent living things.

I think it's a ridiculous idea that all living things have consciousness though. Many of the smallest ones are all but automated in how they behave. You'll never see a microbe acting in an unexpected manner methinks.

@Ethereal - My god... It's... It's a godforsaken massacre! :o:puke:

Seems to be so many snail this year too. I was thinking it might be easier to farm snails than have a vegie garden

Just don't eat em.....

actually the common garden snail is really good eating, you just have to keep them in a box & feed them fresh lettuce & water for a couple of weeks until they shit out all their accumulated gunk.. oh & cook them of course...

actually the common garden snail is really good eating, you just have to keep them in a box & feed them fresh lettuce & water for a couple of weeks until they shit out all their accumulated gunk.. oh & cook them of course...

haahaa 2rite paradox

Gorden fucking the fucker dirty fuckencant fuckingshitestar youcallthat Escargots fuckfaceRamsay reckons a couple of days in a jar (air holes in the lid)then chuck in a carrot bit. once the snailpoo is orange....ya good to go... alittle garlic, butter, parsley in the pan...........bottle of wine....a few lines... :wacko:

seriously tho, all the fun is picking it out with a toothpick once it's cooked