The Corroboree
Slybacon

Publicity Stunts

I'm trying to come up with some creative ideas to get more business at work. As you know the Solar industry is going through some rough times. We are lucky in that we have operations out side of solar keeping us going but we are still hurting from the downfall in solar sales mostly due to the loss of an FIT in NSW and a drop in consumer confidence brought about by cheap and dodgey installers.

so.....

Your mission if you choose to accept it is to help me come up with some great Publicity stunts to get more sales and get the phone ringing at work....

Let the fun begin.

Just a thought,

You could come and install a 3KW system FREE at my place and whilst doing so save my family from a freak accident whilst risking your own life. When we post your interview on youtube anouncing you as a hero, you will be standing in front of your truck with logo in plain sight. It will go viral as your interview technique will be amusing and awkward and the scenario surrounding the freak accident will be too rediculous to be fabricated..... and we can include some cute kittens.

• Like 4

Great idea! Get loads of testimonials from previous jobs, too. The problem you face is distrust I guess. Average Joe testimonials would be best I'd assume.

Why not coax a nearby star into supernova so that for a few months all you solar panels will super effective due to the extra solar energy entering our atmosphere?

All you need to do is come up with a catchy slogan, work out how to trigger a supernova and then milk the promotion period for all its worth.

Hell, I'd come to you for my solar panels with a stunt like that.

not to be off topic at all, but is the solar industry really that bad?

my brother works in pretty much the same industry as you, installing solar panels etc. (but he works out of adelaide). maybe it's just the way my parents talk him up but he seems to be doing quite well for himself.

anyway i'm not sure how the cefc ties in with residential solar, maybe look at exploiting that? i know in nsw you have the daily terror to contend with, they were never one for facts those shits.

I accept this challenge. :wink:

What is the budget ? Roughly ?

Im thinking something invloving a stripper and a garment made out of smaller solar panels.

Plan B free Cactus with every purchase