The Corroboree
qualia

mouse over thread description

can we get a thread description pop up on mouse over a thread title?

it's a little annoying to search old threads and have to enter threads titled "what is this?" to find out it's completely unrelated to you query.

There is a preview button. At the right hand side of the region with the topic title, if you put your mouse there a small light green icon will appear. Click it and it will bring up a preview without actually entering the thread.

Is that sort of what you mean?

thats precisely what i mean, thanks.

can we get a thread description pop up on mouse over a thread title?

it's a little annoying to search old threads and have to enter threads titled "what is this?" to find out it's completely unrelated to you query.

It sheds light on another issue too and that is some topic starters that do not name a topic properly. Titles such as wtf and faaaaark simply do nothing if the topic and posts within are to be retrieved. I know you can search thread content etc but how much more efficient would searching be if a simple title search could be employed. This site is a database of sorts and its utilisation as such relies on members thinking about the broader issue of classification and descriptors rather than simply attracting a following to ones thread with a catchy or controversial word or phrase.

Sorry, end of rant. It is a pet hate, and your point above made me think of it again.

Topic titles should make it clear what the thread is about

On the first page in this forum :rolleyes:

:P Just teasing. You didn't start a thread on it :wink:

But yes, as I said in the other thread, I agree with the sentiment. I also think spelling is important. The title contains maybe 3-6 words. Surely it can't be that hard to spell every word correctly. As long as the title is descriptive and spelt correctly, the actual post can be written in 1337 or whatever. There was a thread here about die-cast khat plant, or was that meant to be dying khat plants?

What about the guy who got asulted?

Okay, so there aren't that many. It turns out that trippers are surprisingly literate :lol:

I am, however, aware that sometimes I have missed a thread in a search and it turns out the name of the plant was misspelled or something, so I think it's important.

:blush:

I hadn't got that far down the list yet :P .... posted off the hip. At least I am not the only one that it annoys.

Sorry for the OT :slap: