The Corroboree
Psylo

The Random Thread.

Todays quote is brought to you by Gene Ray
"Since I have informed you of Nature's Harmonic Time Cube 4-Day Creation Principle, your stupidity is no longer the issue. For now, the issue is just how evil you are for ignoring Life's Highest Order, and just how long the Time Cube will allow you to plunder Earth before inflicting hell upon you."

• Like 2

When you are born you only have two fears the fear of heights and the fear of loud noises . All other fears

are learned .

We the people of Australia do hereby firmly reject the Liberal National Party as our ruling body. We do not condone any of its actions henceforth, nor do we accept its values as our own.

We strongly implore the Governor General of Australia to dismiss the LNP Government before serious damage is done to Australia as a nation.

sign the petition: http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/to-the-australian-government-and-the-governor-general-we-reject-tony-abbott-and-liberal

^ lol, that poor dog in the above link, his expression is always the same. His head does make a good table though.

• Like 1

headbutt the darkness all around

paint wide deep strokes of colour

be afraid of nothing and meditate the shit out of your mind

let not those that would want to control us have no strangle hold

flame their carcass to oblivion

undermine their resolve

destroy their hateful seeds

nay inoculate yourself express yourself instead

be not worried in your sleep

behead the demons that dwell there and try to habitat that space

create your mindship and soar into the stratosphere

and fear none

we have the strength to determine this space

and bury all others who try to instill dark into our light

-oops that just popped out

• Like 5

i bought this the other day

post-12747-0-56326700-1386381214_thumb.j

post-12747-0-56326700-1386381214_thumb.jpg

post-12747-0-56326700-1386381214_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

The Wilderness Society

Some disturbing news out of Tasmania today:

"In a hardline Australian first, environmental protesters who enter Tasmanian workplaces will face mandatory jail terms under a Liberal government [and] 'illegal' protesters would also be hit with $10,000 on-the-spot fines - a 26-fold increase - for 'invading' a workplace."

This is a complete overreaction. Peaceful protest is an important democratic institution for environmentalists, for workers, and for the entire community.

Encouraging dialogue and collaboration is a much better way of addressing community issues than proposing extreme laws like these, which close down the chances of reasoned debate.

Protestors accept that there may be consequences for their actions - but seeking to put in place such extreme measures is an attempt to close off access to a legitimate form of participation in public debate.

What are your thoughts? The Examiner is taking a poll right now: http://www.examiner.com.au/story/1959358/protesters-in-hodgmans-sights/?cs=95

• Like 1

edit bad taste

Edited by Bigred

Hahaha i lost a library book called "being responsible" :P

Lol. I finally found 'being responsible' today,

post-8023-0-65912100-1388806227_thumb.jp

I guess if I return this to the library that'll officially make me a responsible adult.

Thnx for the humorously ironic lesson on 'teaching only what you practice' universe :P

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

"Visit Borneo’s tropical rainforest and be immersed in a pulsating insect chorus, then climb the Himalayas and relax to the gentle sounds of spring in an alpine meadow"

http://www.naturesoundmap.com

• Like 1

kiwis huh :wacko:

i thought splitz end was enough. as a kid there filem reels of audio scared the beegee zeez outta ova me

Bah. Never mind.

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

Japanese granny's embroidered spheres show nature's pattern language

post-8023-0-02118200-1390694034_thumb.jp

From radiolaria to each unique snowflake, pattern is the language of nature. Human-made artifacts expressing these natural occurrences can be riveting, like this collection of embroidered spheres made by an 88-year-old Japanese grandmother, who started crafting these in her sixties.

post-8023-0-53552900-1390694088_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-89854500-1390694127_thumb.jp

Flickr user NanaAkua took a visual record of almost 500 of these balls made by her granny, and posted them up for all to see.

post-8023-0-28185100-1390694154_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-58496400-1390694194_thumb.jp

The technique originated from China before being exported to Japan in the seventh century, and temari is the Japanese term for this fascinating form of folk art. Says This Is Colossal:

The carefully hand-embroidered balls often made from the thread of old kimonos were created by parents or grandparents and given to children on New Years day as special gift. According to Wikipedia the balls would sometimes contain secret handwritten wish for the child, or else contained some kind of noise-making object like a bell.

post-8023-0-97839700-1390694243_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-78130000-1390694269_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-05477500-1390694295_thumb.jp

These skillfully constructed temari give a colorful glimpse of the role that geometry plays in creating an infinite number of forms and surfaces -- real eye candy that has roots in nature's creativity. To see more check out NanaAkua's Flickr page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nanaakua/sets/72157617114284128/

(So worth checking out the other pics. Incredibly beautiful work)

Source: http://www.treehugger.com/culture/embroidered-temari-spheres-pattern-language-nature.html

Thought of Ballzac and his threadwork when I saw these.

Will see if I can track down a 'how to', would be exciting to give them a try.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 7

every genius contains Germanium (Ge 32) Nickel (NI 28) Uranium ( U 92) Sulfur ( S 16)

Wow.. This is pretty incredible, both the images and the story, had to share with ya'll.

Siberian Princess reveals her 2,500 year old tattoos

http://siberiantimes.com/culture/others/features/siberian-princess-reveals-her-2500-year-old-tattoos/

post-8023-0-52490400-1391751521_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-34905000-1391751579_thumb.jp

"Local woman, Olga Kurtugashova, said: 'She may be a mummy but her soul survives, and they say a shaman communicated with her and she asked to go home. That's what the people want, too.'

'We're having earth tremors two or three times a week. People think this will go on as long as the princess's spirit is not allowed to rest in peace.'

Many wanted the princess to be returned from the Archaeological and Ethnographic Institute of Novosibirsk, some 600 km away, and restored to her original burial site.

After some 300 earth tremors in a six month period, the head of Kosh-Agachsky district Auelkhan Dzhatkambaev,appealed to the Siberian Federal District presidential envoy Leonid Drachevsky for this to happen. "

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1