The Corroboree
Psylo

The Random Thread.

Re "Edible khat"

@DualWieldRake your post in the sowing out thread made me remember about this website I saw not long ago 

i laughed at first until after surfing the pages for 5 minutes you realise they Seem quite serious 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.1e3cfc5d32360ca31cbc4184fb42f1d2.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.d098d020b5f37e6bc0864f7cc94123aa.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.1e3cfc5d32360ca31cbc4184fb42f1d2.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.d098d020b5f37e6bc0864f7cc94123aa.jpg

• Like 4

lol that's funny :D

and those puppies look so fucking cute....but damn, three pepper rub :drool2:

• Like 1

cookyourpet.com   ....  I'm laughing so hard:lol:

• Like 2

Ditto. Was laughing so hard today. 

• Like 1

I wonder sometimes, "street fighter 2" ( the arcade game) was very popular in the early nineties, heaps of people i  know played it but i have never met someone who played "street fighter".

I doubt it even existed at all.

it existed but had only ryu and sagat

-edit- and ken but looks same 

here's a link on it

http://kotaku.com/5787456/lets-talk-about-the-very-first-street-fighter

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

Sometimes I wonder why they tell

me I need money to make money 

Makes me wonder if bees

need honey to make honey

but it's funny how thieves 

need nothing to take something

we've all got atleast one dream

But it seems to be just running away from us....... 

Should I catch it

nah I'm fucking sick of these cat shits 

Edited by fozzking
  • Like 2

As you're attorney I advise you to buy a motorcycle.

"Medina will be sentenced on March 30, and lawyer Stanley Friedman says that his client is "happy and enthusiastic" with the deal that was offered, as it will allow him to avoid life in prison."

lol just happened to come across this somehow , fucking power rangers using there powers for evil 

banging his mates girlfriend then stabbing him to death with a large sword during a fight , go go power rangers 

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/entertainment/former-red-power-ranger-admits-to-killing-his-room/3dedb960-19f3-4be4-92bc-665e2f3cbb11.htm

Amatoxins consist of at least eight compounds with a similar structure, that of eight amino-acid rings; they were isolated in 1941 by Heinrich O. Wieland and Rudolf Hallermayer of the University of Munich.[32] Of the amatoxins, α-amanitin is the chief component and along with β-amanitin is likely responsible for the toxic effects.[57][58] Their major toxic mechanism is the inhibition of RNA polymerase II, a vital enzyme in the synthesis of messenger RNA (mRNA), microRNA, and small nuclear RNA (snRNA). Without mRNA, essential protein synthesis and hence cell metabolism grind to a halt and the cell dies.[59] The liver is the principal organ affected, as it is the organ which is first encountered after absorption in the gastrointestinal tract, though other organs, especially the kidneys, are susceptible.[60] The RNA polymerase of Amanita phalloides is insensitive to the effects of amatoxins, so the mushroom does not poison itself.[61]

• Like 1

"Its not my fault, I cant help myself. You did leave me unsupervised"......WB

Istiak Kharral: It's a fucking stupid, messed up world. I've got my God; he speaks to me every day. Some things I just can't work out, so I leave them be. Okay? Even if I think they're wrong. Because I know, one day he'll make me understand. I've got that trust; it's called belief. I'm a lucky man.

Is it wrong that I think a guided meditation tape voiced by Ray "Rabs" Warren would be awesome?

^ if you have to ask...

“But I didn't go back to sleep. Instead, I started to get disgusted with myself.

"What the hell are you doing ?" I demanded, out loud.

"Lying down to die," I told myself, petulantly.

"Like hell," my wiser part said. "Get off the floor and get to work."

"Don't wanna. Tired. Go away."

"You're not too tired to talk to yourself. So you're not too tired to bail your ass out of the crocodiles, either. Open your eyes," I told myself, firmly.

I hunched my shoulders, not wanting to obey, but against my better judgment, I did open my eyes. The sunlight had turned the house into an almost cheerful place, overlaid with a patina of gold—empty still , to be sure, but warm now with a few good memories.”

• Like 1

Poppy

Botanical Name(s): Papaver Somniferum

Family Name: Papaveraceae

Kingdom: Plantae

Division: Magnoliophyta

Class: Magnoliopsida

Order: Ranunculales

Family: Papaveraceae

Genus: Papaver

Species: P. somniferum

Popular Name(s): Poppy Seeds, Aphium Opium Poppy, White Poppy, Posta, Plant of Joy, Mawseed, Common Garden Poppy

Parts Used: Seeds, Flowers.

Habitat: Cultivated on large scale in India, at altitude of 1500m - 2100m

Description

The term papaver somniferum means the “sleep bringing poppy”, which refers to the narcotic property of some of the opiates. Also known as opium poppy, it is an annual plant reaching 3 to 5 feet height. It bears brilliant white, pink, purple and red flowers, grown on a central bulbous pod. When scratched, the pod produces milky latex called opium, which contains a variety of opiates, including codeine and morphine. The leaves are alternate, simple, clasping and toothed. Fruits are like a capsule, with an expanded disc at the top and over small holes. Minute seeds are dispersed through the small holes. Poppy is widely grown as an ornamental flower throughout Europe, North America, South America and Asia. Australia, Turkey and India are the major producers of opium poppy. Live opium poppy plants and seeds are sold widely by seed companies and nurseries in the western world, including the United States.

Plant Chemicals

(+)- morphine, thebaine, codeine, oripavine. moisture, 4.3–5.2; protein, 22.3–24.4; ether extract 46.5–49.1; nitrogen-free extract, 11.7–14.3; crude fibre, 4.8–5.8; ash, 5.6–6.0; calcium, 1.03–1.45; phosphorous, 0.79–0.89%; iron, 8.5–11.1 mg/100 g; thiamine, 740–1,181; riboflavin, 765–1,203; and nicotinic acid, 800–1,280 mg/100 g; carotene is absent, iodine, 6 mg/kg; manganese, 29 mg/kg; copper, 22.9 mg/kg; magnesium, 15.6 g/kg; sodium, 0.3 g/kg; potassium, 5.25 g/kg; and zinc, 130 mg/kg; lecithin, 2.80%; oxalic acid, 1.62%; pentosans, 3.0–3.6%; traces of narcotine and an amorphous alkaloid; and the enzymes diastase, emulsin, lipase, and nuclease. Poppyseed oil cakes are estimated to have 88 feed units per 100 kg, 27.5% digestible crude protein and 25.6% digestible true protein. Per 100 g the seed is reported to contain 533 calories, 6.8 g H2O, 18.0 g protein, 44.7 g fat, 23.7 g total carbohydrate, 6.3 g fiber, 6.8 g ash, 1448 mg Ca, 848 mg P, 9.4 mg Fe, 21 mg Na, 700 mg K, a trace of b-carotene equivalent, 0.95 mg thiamine, 0.17 mg riboflavin, and 0.98 mg niacin.

Uses & Benefits of Poppy

• Poppy is widely used for medicinal purposes, in the form of poppy-based drugs like morphine, codeine, narcotine, laudenine, papaverine and other alkaloids.
  • Poppy-based medicines are considered the most effective way of relieving severe pain.
  • It is a stimulant that induces euphoria and helps get rid of anxieties, tensions, fears and inhibitions.
  • Poppy seeds contain cough suppressant and analgesic properties and are often recommended to relieve minor pains.
  • The plant is used to treat intestinal stomach spasms and respiratory spasms triggered by asthma attacks.
  • It is used to remedy bladder, bruises, cancer, cold, catarrh, colic, conjunctivitis, diarrhea, dysentery, enteritis, fever, flux, headache, hemicrania, hypertension, hypochondria, hysteria, inflammation, insomnia, malaria, mania, melancholy, nausea, neuralgia, otitis, prolapse, rheumatism, snakebites, sprains, swelling, toothaches, tumors, ulcers and warts.
  • Opium poppy is used to treat cancers of the skin, stomach, tongue, uterus, spleen, breast, ear, nose and vagina.
  • It is frequently administered to relieve pain and calm excitement.
  • The plant provides two main food ingredients, namely, poppy seed and poppy seed oil.
  • The seeds do not contain opium and are extensively used in baking and sprinkling on rolls and bread.
  • Poppy seeds are a source of a drying oil that is used for manufacturing paints, varnishes and soaps.
  • Its oil cakes serve as a fodder for cattle.

• Hungarian Christmas Makos Patko (Poppy Seed Horseshoe)

foodgeeks-avatar.png 

Ingredients

Basic Coffeecake Dough

3 env. dry yeast (3 tablespoons)
    118.29 ml. lukewarm water
    78.07 ml. milk
    118.29 ml. (0.25) unsalted butter
    4.93 ml. salt
    1 lemon
    1.18 l. flour, approximately
    2 whole eggs
    2 egg yolks

Poppy Seed Filling

0.34 kg. poppy seeds
    118.29 ml. (0.25) unsalted butter
    118.29 ml. honey
    44.36 ml. light sweet cream
    118.29 ml. chopped raisins
    1 lemon or
    0.5 orange
    2.46 ml. cinnamon, or
      to taste
    1 grated sour apple or
    29.57 ml. apple butter, or
    118.29 ml. chopped walnuts

Instructions

FOR THE DOUGH: Sprinkle yeast into lukewarm water, add 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 cup flour, stir and set aside in a draft-free corner for 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture foams. Make sure your yeast is fresh or it won't foam.

Scald milk and to it add butter, remaining sugar and salt. Stir until butter melts. Cool until lukewarm and add lemon rind and flavoring of your choice, beat in the eggs, yolks and milk. Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, and beat thoroughly. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a smooth but pliable dough. Turn out on a floured board and knead for about 10 minutes, adding flour if needed, until dough is smooth and elastic and blisters form on the surface.

Gather dough into a ball, place in a floured bowl, dust top with flour and cover lightly with a towel. Set to rise in a draft-free corner until doubled in bulk--about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Punch dough down, knead for 2 or 3 minutes.

Prepare dough, and when it has risen, punch down and roll out to a rectangle a little less than 1/4 inch thick. Spread filling over dough and roll up jelly-roll fashion. Bend roll gently into a horseshoe shape and slide onto a buttered baking sheet. OR cut in half and place each half in a buttered 9-inch loaf pan or on a baking sheet. Let rise until almost doubled in bulk.

If you want to ice the roll, brush it with lukewarm water before baking. Otherwise, brush it with egg glaze. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F. oven for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool thoroughly before icing. Makes 1 large or 2 smaller coffeecakes.

FOR THE POPPY SEED FILLING: The night before, cover poppy seeds with boiling water and let them soak until the following morning, or wash and parboil for 30 minutes just before grinding. Drain thoroughly and grind in a poppy-seed grinder, or put them through the finest blade of your meat chopper 3 or 4 times.

I use a coffee grinder for this. (or buy ground poppy seeds if there is a store near you that prepares them, but be sure they are not rancid.)

Cream butter with honey. When well blended, combine with cream, poppy seeds and remaining filling ingredients. (Some people prefer to omit the butter and to cook the ground poppy seeds with 2 cups milk and the honey until the mixture is thick. The other ingredients are then stirred in.)

EGG GLAZE: 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water.

WHITE SUGAR GLAZE:

For cookies and cakes, and especially for Lebkuchen.

1/3 cup confectioners' sugar

1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract

1 teaspoon rum or brandy (optional)

1/2 to 1 1/4 tablespoons hot water, or as needed

Combine sugar, cornstarch, flavorings and rum or brandy. Gradually stir in hot water, a tablespoonful at a time, until you have a smooth thick paste. Spread on warm cookies, or cooled poppy seed cake. If mixture cools and thickens as you work, thin with additional hot water. Sugar sprinkles can be scattered on the glaze before it hardens if you wish.

Visions of SugarPlums

caution: A high dose of opium poppy is highly addictive and can decrease respiration
  • Like 1

I'm going to the shop to get a burger with the lot, small hot chips with chicken salt and a chocolate oak and its going to be fucking FANTASTIC.

When its 630am and you've drunk enough piss to sustain the 80's Aussie cricket team for a week, and your fishing rod goes apeshit, even the seasoned fisherman is still susceptible to saying "FUCK ITS A COD" after seeing a flicker of a fish...which turns out to be an 80cm carp.

Yeah I like La Roux, what of it.

haven't heard the second album though.

I've really gotta clean my messages up...lol...nuh not today, and the the cycle continues:lol:

So weve just had a new phone tower installed, which means I can now lounge around on the phone rather than having to keep the phone in a 1 inch window in the kitchen window and only able to use on speaker, if I moved the phone it would cut out instantly.

so may dad rings me up and says I just wanted to test the phone and see if it works out in the field, I said I don't take it out in the field with me, mobile phones cause cancer and I don't want to have my phone in my pocket right next to my balls all day. he says what about drink and smoke and all the other shit you shovel into your mouth. I thought yeah....very good point.