The Corroboree
Psylo

The Random Thread.

just finished watching Crystal Fairy ,i liked it at the end wasnt sure at the start

Got yourself a better broadband data pack then Blown?

I saw your post earlier and ripped that movie today, was going to tell you what it was like later but you bet me too it haha

Hey bro , i use the internet at my oldies , i have no power in my place let alone internet... 30 gigs a month doesnt go far these days and when i go over the limit it slows right down , still usable for basic things , but movies are a no go. Living alone with no power i need my movies :P

Hows the fatness of the pedro in that movie? wahey

post-4908-0-99615800-1380917817_thumb.jp

2013-07-12-crystalfairy.jpg

2013-07-12-crystalfairy.jpg

• Like 1

I have recently started reading Graham Hancocks first novel "Entangled", its really good .. there's heaps in it about ayahuasca and mushrooms ...reckon hes doing some good work getting this information out there via storytelling.

• Like 2

Hey guys. Thinks are going good over here. Still getting settled in. Not many plants though lately. I miss our end of the world (except now that apparently you guys are getting sprayed by Japan's radiation :( ). I hope everyone is doing well, and that spring is fueling some hella growth for all things green or red on the inside. Anyway, keep well - miss you all. :)

• Like 3

David Suzuki blasts environmental ‘barbarians’

2013 Jack Beale lecture at UNSW with Mr David Suzuki.

tony abbot was quizzed about why his government does not have a science portfolio.

his resposnse was something like" Well, let me just say America doesn't have one either............just trust me and judge our government on our actions" or words to that effect

“It’s been remarked upon that we don’t have a minister for science as such in the new government and I know that there are people in the room who may have been momentarily dismayed by that,” Abbott said.

“But let me tell you that the United States does not have a secretary for science and no nation on Earth has been as successful and innovative as the United States. I’d say to all of you please, judge us by our performance, not by our titles.”

Abbott’s speech, which drew a smattering of applause from the audience, provoked a mixed reaction.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/oct/31/tony-abbott-defends-science-credentials-minister

reminds me of that song 'we're all living in america"

i'm getting angry here

• Like 1

^ *big nod in chesire's direction

The dumb fck was down here touting his own opinion on the Island. He needs to learn how to gather information, absorb and dissect it, sift out the shit and form an educated opinion on most things.

If he has his way we are going to be a holiday destination, giant farm and fckn hole in the ground for those offshore. No idea of the concept of innovation.....

Here is a something random Tony ...the world is not about 6000 years old....and I am pretty sure old mate didnt just whip it up over a few days for a laugh. I suppose if you keep attempting to scrub scientists off the map It will eventually gain more momentum.

Sorry the whole science situation really fckn pisses me off

OK...off the soapbox

EDIT - I will probably be charged with heresy in the future....

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 1

Depersonalization (or depersonalisation) is an anomaly of self-awareness. Nonspecific feeling that a person has lost their identity; self is different or unreal. (ATI mental health nursing) It consists of a feeling of watching oneself act, while having no control over a situation.[1] It can also be related to Derealization - a perception that the environment has changed. It can be a disturbing experience, since many feel that, indeed, they are living in a "dream". Chronic depersonalization refers to depersonalization disorder, which is classified by the DSM-IV as a dissociative disorder. Though degrees of depersonalization and derealization can happen to anyone who is subject to temporary anxiety/stress, chronic depersonalization is more related to individuals who have experienced a severe trauma or prolonged stress/anxiety. Depersonalization-derealization is the single most important symptom in the spectrum of dissociative disorders, including dissociative identity disorder and "dissociative disorder not otherwise specified" (DD-NOS). It is also a prominent symptom in some other non-dissociative disorders, such as anxiety disorders, clinical depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia,[2] borderline personality disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, migraine and sleep deprivation. It can be considered desirable, such as in the use of recreational drugs. In social psychology, and in particular self-categorization theory, the term depersonalization has a different meaning and refers to "the stereotypical perception of the self as an example of some defining social category".[3]

Edited by bot6

sl25qOe.png
One of the most extraordinary films about Australia is soon to be released in the UK. This is Utopia, an epic production by the Emmy and Bafta winning film-maker and journalist John Pilger.

Utopia will be previewed at the Curzon Soho in London's West End on Monday 4 November, where John Pilger will take questions. The film will be released at the Curzon Soho on Friday 15 November.

And on Monday 18 November, the Picture House Brixton will beam Utopia to 30 cinemas across the UK, together with a Q&A with John Pilger.

ITV will broadcast Utopia in December.

Utopia is a vast region in northern Australia and home to the oldest human presence on earth. "This film is a journey into that secret country," says Pilger in Utopia. "It will describe not only the uniqueness of the first Australians, but their trail of tears and betrayal and resistance - from one utopia to another".

Pilger begins his journey in Sydney, where he grew up, and in Canberra, the nation's capital, where the national parliament rises in an affluent suburb called Barton, recently awarded the title of Australia's most advantaged community.

Barton is named after Edmund Barton, the first prime minister of Australia, who in 1901 introduced the White Australia Policy. "The doctrine of the equality of man," said Barton, "was never intended to apply to those who weren't British and white-skinned." He made no mention of the original inhabitants who were deemed barely human, unworthy of recognition in the first suburban utopia.

One of the world's best kept secrets is revealed against a background of the greatest boom in mineral wealth. Has the 'lucky country' inherited South African apartheid? And how could this happen in the 21st century? What role has the media played? Utopia is both a personal journey and universal story of power and resistance and how modern societies can be divided between those who conform and a dystopian world of those who do not conform.

Utopia draws on people and places Pilger first filmed 28 years ago during his long association with the indigenous people of his homeland. The evidence he produces is often deeply moving and shocking.

Utopia is produced by Dartmouth Films and released in association with Network Releasing. A DVD with an extraordinary collection of interviews and sequences not included in the final cut of the film will be released by Network at the same time.

Utopia will be launched in Australia at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Sydney, with screenings from 21-23 January and on Australia Day, 26 January. A cinema release and SBS broadcast will follow.

In an article for the Guardian, John Pilger gives a taste of his latest film about Australia - the first was The Secret Country, broadcast in 1985.

Edited by bℓσωηG
  • Like 2

Hope this link works:

How to End Cruelty to People, Animals and Nature

http://www.naturalnews.com/SpecialReports/HowtoEndCruelty.pdf

"Whether discussing cruelty towards people, animals or plants, all cruelty stems from a prevailing distortion carried by nearly everyone on this planet: the belief that we are separate. If person A attacks person B, it is only because he believes he is separate from person B. If a society attacks and destroys nature, it is only because it believes it is not part of nature. But this is a distortion: we are all connected through an intricate web of intentions, energy and chemistry. One act of cruelty towards a human being gives rise to many such cruel acts in return. One act of cruelty towards an animal is returned to us in a darkening of our own hearts. One act of cruelty towards nature sets in motion a chain of events that ultimately returns to threaten our health, our food supply, and the very life of our planet.

Cruelty can only be acted out by those who suffer from the illusion that we are separate, individual people who exist in isolation from our world, our conscious animals, and the abundant plant and microbial life that sustains us. And thus, the solution to cruelty seems clear: teach connectness."

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 4

its amazing what a guy puts up with when it comes to women just because he is getting some off her and does

not want to tell her the truth to harm his chances

Lizard people ,the reptilian alliance . shape shifting,

This girl is nuts and its not even a educated nuts

"Well like there are these lizard people who control everything and yeah they live in tunnels

under the ground with sprinklers to keep them cool"

but i had to respect the bro code i wish i could have given her a dose of reality

sprinklers to keep lizards cool wtf

• Like 2

Wouldnt it still be respecting the "bro code" to give her that dose of reality, because your bro would probably thank you later when he no longer had to listen to the shapeshifting lizard propoganda?

She probably doesnt really understand nor believe what shes saying, just regurgitating information as a conversation piece.

Dose of reality is good Red.

• Like 1

the number of cells in your brain is greater than the number of brains in your entire body

Edited by self organising systems
  • Like 3

The world would be a better place if kids were taught to talk to strangers. Think long and hard about what it means to teach kids 'don't talk to strangers' and what would happen, (in both the short term and long term) if this one little rule was changed...

The human phenomenon is but the sum of densely coiled layers of illusion

• Like 1

just finished watching Crystal Fairy ,i liked it at the end wasnt sure at the start

I'm no sure any ending could of made up for sitting through Michael Cera's utterly obnoxious character for most of the movie.

I'm no sure any ending could of made up for sitting through Michael Cera's utterly obnoxious character for most of the movie.

yeah i nearly turned it off ...what a twat but i think he was meant to be a dick .. in the end he learns about empathy,

• Like 1

If you got every person in China to walk past you single file the line will be endless due to rate of production

• Like 1