Psylo

The Random Thread.

I can't even watch that video Bigred it's horrifying

270191261.jpg

270191292.jpg

270192804.jpg

What, I, what is, this is trippy, even is this thing

What the heck!!??!!!

I just saw this advertised, got excited and thought fuck yeah, i could go for this.. then read the statement "if you are female, you must be steralized"

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Pharmacokinetics of Ibogaine - Study

Job Summary
We are looking for participants for a study to assess blood levels of low-dose ibogaine. Full details of the study are attached in the job description. There are daily assessment visits for 2...
Job Description

We are looking for participants for a study to assess blood levels of low-dose ibogaine. Full details of the study are attached in the job description. There are daily assessment visits for 2 weeks.

Male or female participants need to be aged between 20-40 years, in good health, and on no regular medication. Female participants must be sterilized.

Additional payment information or commision details (If applicable)

There are 30 hours of participation ($412.50 total payment)

Job End Date
25/10/2013
Job Requirements

Additional Questions
Yes/No Question 1

Are you healthy?

Yes/No Question 2

Are you taking any medications on a regular basis?

Yes/No Question 3

If you are female, are you sterilized?"

Edited by bogfrog

Woah! Id be keen to do that! Ashame I'm at the other end of the country :(

yeah i'm gutted too, would be an great opportunity to try it without spending thousands of dollars...but im not willing to giv up my reproductive capabilities to take part :(

• Like 1

"Frequency Wars:

Beneath the threshold of ordinary awareness, frequency wars take place between groups competing over the same physical or mental environment. When subtle, these battles take place not with confrontation so much as the establishment of dominant frequencies that overwhelm and subconsciously repel the opposing side.

Because amplitude of vibration is the deciding factor, a few individuals with low but strong vibrations can overrun a larger group with higher but weaker vibrations, or at least damp their frequencies and thus drag them down.

Internet message boards are examples of mental groups whose collective fields diminish with mental distance. As discussed earlier, mental distance implies that the less one invests emotional energy and mental focus upon a particular nonphysical group like a forum, the less one feels its collective field. For instance, it takes only a few highly negative or fragmented individuals to join and infect a message board if the membership is unaware and weak in vibration. They need not be violent or hostile, just firmly and loudly anchored in their low vibrations.

Other members may interpret growing feelings of emotional apathy or uneasiness as their own and withdraw their energies from the collective field out of lack of enthusiasm, thus allowing a low vibration to dominate and repel all present and future members of positive inclination. And if dissonance is particularly strong, visible confrontation will erupt and force the expulsion of individuals dissonant with the dominant vibrations of the collective field.

But these are just microcosmic reflections, or subset realm dynamics, of a bigger frequency war taking place between the hyperdimensional forces of oppression and liberation."

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_hyperdimensions08.htm

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 1

The genus Nicotiana is named in honor of Jean Nicot, who in 1561 was the first to present tobacco to the French royal court.

• Like 3

Question:

As a business owner, I've been doing some thinking the last couple days about the implications of hiring a transsexual individual, considering the various tales of woe that transsexuals have regarding employment.

Clearly, firing or not hiring a TS person just because of their status is discriminatory behavior...and yes, laws vary on the enforcement of such behavior. However, it's occurred to me that the degree to which an employer can accommodate a TS person is totally dependent on the size of the business.

It's an unfortunate reality that, overall, people tend to react negatively towards anyone that's different...xenophobia is a natural reaction in almost any animal, and human intellect isn't as able to overcome it as we'd like. Having a transsexual employee would be a disruption to the operation of the business, because of negative reactions to the situation from both fellow employees and customers. It's inexcusable, yes, but it's Real Life.

A large corporation, can absorb such a disruption much more easily...indeed, it can even afford to make compassionate accommodations and policy changes for such individuals, and some clearly do. This is very cool, obviously...a good thing. The corporation on the whole is affected hardly at all, and because it CAN afford to change policies and make accommodations, the company becomes a better place.

But let's consider a small business of, say, under 10 employees. The disruption might be same (in whatever way one would quantify "disruption"), but the effect on a small business is far, far greater.

For the sake of argument, let's say that I, a small business owner, would be ready to hire on an employee to help me in the shop. I would need to consider any prospective employee EXTREMELY carefully, from just about every angle. I would even have to consider the prospect's tattoos and piercings, and mode of dress...because as a very small business, ANYTHING that might affect profits is terribly, terribly important.

I used to wonder why my former employers were always so bitchy about sales and productivity. I don't wonder anymore. A slow month in my shop might mean that I might not make the rent if I don't eat a lot of beans and rice, and maybe not even then. Having an employee sucking at the shop income would make things even MORE frightening, and anything about the employee that might adversely affect shop income must be carefully considered. Customers are fickle and stupid animals, but even the dumbshits are critical to the survival of a small business.

I would feel like a real turd if I didn't hire someone because they were transsexual, because I AM sympathetic. However, this is a town where Dubya is still regarded as a good president, and I can certainly see some asshole making trouble because of a TS employee, and spreading rumors about me and the shop. I mean, this is a town where the lady that used to run the only comic book shop within 250 miles was openly called a witch and Satan-worshipper, when in fact she was one of the finer people I've ever known (she's since retired and left town). I could see having a TS employee killing my business in this town...it would almost certainly happen.

I'm far from being able to consider hiring someone, as I'm barely feeding myself right now (desperately looking for a Real Job, actually). But...how would an otherwise-sympathetic potential employer like myself handle such a decision? I would hate having to make that decision, but what choice would I really have, when the survival of the business was at stake?

Let me know your opinions, thoughts, or possible solutions.

Answer:

You bring up some very real issues for everyone involved in this situation; the employer, the employees, the customers, and the poor TS looking for a job.

One of the main things I try to tell folks facing transition is to try to transition on the job, hopefully at a very large company or corporation, preferably in a large port city with a high-tech industry (and a very diverse and better-educated, liberal population). This is best for everyone; the T has a chance of remaining employed through the whole of transition, and is not generally visible to customers during the worst of it - or can be moved to a department where they can be hidden away.

And as harsh as it sounds, it is often not a bad thing to be hidden away during the awkward second puberty of transition. It is hell for everyone. The transsexual is in that special hell between the sexes where little love or acceptance exists (and much abuse does), and the befuddled and bigoted masses suffer at the collapse of their comfortable and narrow world whenever the anomalous transsexual invades it by merely existing. Since many people are are so mentally crippled that they are but barely holding on to sanity by clinging to simple notions of the world, having to deal with a person in transition can upset them to the point of deadly violence - or even to not buying things, which in our ruthlessly capitalistic society, is vastly worse.

But pity the very terrible situation of the unemployed transsexual, in the middle of Hicktown, State Of Ignorance, USA, who is desperate for a job. Pity also the one liberal employer in Hicktown, who is barely paying rent.

One solution is to hire the transitioning/unpassable transsexual if there is a backroom job, out of sight, and thus out of mind, of the mindless and bigoted public. I would offer that this is a decent solution for the socially conscious employer in such times as ours, and something to be grateful for to the desperate transsexual.

Some people, involved in gender activism, may recoil at this notion, on the grounds that it perpetuates the third class status of the gender-nonconforming, and that it is tantamount to rendering the transsexual a nigger who must enter from the back door and drink from the non-public fountain. And they would be right. But they would also be impossibly idealistic and ridiculously ignorant of harsh reality if they were to suggest anything else at this time in history.

Sometimes, the only way to survive is to sit at the back of the bus, because the social will for change just hasn't arrived yet. And with regard to the transsexual... such social will has not only failed to arrive, but I firmly believe has actually backed away over the past half decade.

It is important to me that the transsexual have a chance to stay alive, and to do that, they need income, they need jobs. But it is also true that the world, that society, is the way that it is, and most towns and even cities, are far from liberal, far from embracing of diversity, and barely survivable for the gender anomalous. Survival comes first, politics second. Without survival, there is no politics.

I would offer the socially conscious employer that providing work to a gender anomalous person is an extremely positive thing to do, because such a person generally is desperate by the time they get to one's door, having often literally lost everything and everyone. On the other hand, I am cognizant that employing one person only to lose the shop, and the jobs of many others, is not good for anyone. Thus compromise.

In short, as loath as I am to say these words, if you can hide 'em away, why not hire the transgendered? But if the only position is front row center, and the person just plain doesn't pass, yet, or ever, then no pleading on my part, or noble ivory tower stance, will change the fact that the customer base will drop off immediately after hiring the obviously transgendered person.

It doesn't mean I like it. I was fired from my front-line crappy sandwitch shop job, in the middle of my transition, and to this day I curse the bastard that did it for being a bum. Especially since the shop was in downtown San Francisco. But, as one employee later told me, customers were declining, and went back up after I was gone. The liberality of San Francisco is over-rated, it does exist, but only in appropriately ghettoized parts of the city - not the financial district.

So I comprehend. I understand why I was fired. But he was still a bastard to do it. Because it is wrong to make a nigger out of any minority.

But fighting for what is right always means sacrifice, and marginalized people, barely keeping food on the table, or shelter overhead, are seldom in a position to wage such social war. The casualties quickly mount.

The plight of the transsexual - and other gender anomalous folk - will only be addressed when society as a whole finds a cause in supporting such people, because, perhaps, it has been seized by some contagious sanity as well as a keen hunger for freedom, liberty, and civil justice for all.

This is utterly, utterly not the world of 2007. Just about anywhere.

So... if you have a backroom job, hey, do a trannie a favor, eh? But I understand reality, and I understand it stinks on ice, and if anything is getting worse.

Basically, play the part of Vies and Voskuijl, and hide the Franks from the Nazis. Because in a lot of the America of 2007, and a lot of the world in general, this is what things almost are, for the situation of the transgendered.

You might also, however, encourage such a person to save up the money (if possible) to move to a better location (Seattle, San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, etc.), where they might, say, have a better chance to survive.

I fucking killed it!

how-to-draw-jesus-on-the-cross_1_0000000

Don't worry I'll resurrect it

Mariska_Boss_Battle_6.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minced_oath#Examples

Bahahahahaha! XD I don't know why I found this so funny, maybe it was because I was saying them in my head: mother-father, melon-farmer, monkey-fighter, mussel-shucker, muzzafuzza, fuhther-mucker, mothertrucker, mothersucker motherlover, mofo, mother effer

ABRAKADABRA

ABRAKADABR

ABRAKADAB

ABRAKADA

ABRAKAD

ABRAKA

ABRAK

ABRA

ABR

AB

A

-

Edited by bogfrog

What does it mean when you dream about you squeezing pimples, then instead of puss you get a little grey alien that devides into four smaller aliens then shoot off. Then you squeeze a blackhead and out comes some long, shiny black insect looking alien. What does it mean?

• Like 2

google image search ''Atari breakout" ... lol

• Like 1

Im thinking of doing a pool vote where we will have a pole or something . So would love to

hear your thoughts on the matter . As im over voting by myself

What does it mean when you dream about you squeezing pimples, then instead of puss you get a little grey alien that devides into four smaller aliens then shoot off. Then you squeeze a blackhead and out comes some long, shiny black insect looking alien. What does it mean?

Freaky! maybe it wasnt a dream lol

Researchers at the university of Kuopio's Department of Environmental Sciences in Finland working on sustainable fertilization concluded that 'urine produced by one person over a year would be enough to grow 160 cabbages - more cabbages than could be grown in a similar plot fertilized with commercial fertilizer'. They believe that 'recycling urine as fertilizer could not only make agriculture and waste-water treatment more sustainable in industrialized countries, but also bolster food production and improve sanitation in developing countries'

www.organicnz.org.nz

• Like 3

"The infinite regress of definitions:

To know what it is that we believe, we must know the meanings of the words we use to express our belief. To know the meaning of a word is to be able to say what it means or to define it. But in defining a word we employ other words, which must be defined in their turn. What do you mean by 'puppy'? A puppy is a young dog. What do you mean by 'young' and 'dog'? And so on, ad infinitum. Since nobody can actually complete an infinite series of definitions, everybody must use words whose meanings they do not know because they have not defined them. And since all of our beliefs are expressed, in the last analysis, using words we have not defined, we never really know what it is that we believe!"

- Alan Musgrave

nice one bogfrog. that about sums up my opinion on spiritual beliefs.. if you didn't just post it here i would copy & paste it into the spiritual/religeous beliefs thread

Will do :)

I love thinking about and discussing words. So many inconsistancies in understanding, which we all take for granted.

The US has now been caught running cocaine into the country enough times by the CIA, DEA, and the Air Force, that were they to be brought into court on trial, they would be prosecuted as a repeat offender with no hope for rehabilitation.

There are several other instances on record, with the most notable being the crash of a Gulfstream jet carrying four tons of coke that crashed in the Yucatán Peninsula in 2007.

The latest story is not quite as incriminating, but from the evidence provided, and given the US' history with drug running, it seems fairly evident that it is quite the boost of business for covert agencies - business as usual, and business is good.

It seems that there is so much cocaine being produced in Costa Rica, that they cannot dispose of it all, a situation made worse by an incinerator malfunctioning from overuse.

The DEA was called in to help with the situation, and, of course, that's where things went awry. Apparently, an Air Force C-17 arrived without proper clearance, and local magistrates not being informed.

If that wasn't suspicious enough, the US was vague at best about the aircraft, but CRHoy investigated further and found it was the Air Force's Spirit of Delaware.

The aircraft then went on a 'usual suspects' stop and drop in Nicaragua and Honduras on it's way to Miami, and we're assured that the cocaine has been disposed of properly. I believe that the appropriate terminology would be dispersed or distributed, given the US' past history of running drugs into the country...

64328_678099485552113_235374202_n_zpsf43

• Like 1

Guidestones%20020.jpg

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
  2. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
  3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
  4. Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
  5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
  6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
  7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
  8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
  9. Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
  10. Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
  • Like 3

The film's [Drive] marketing suggested primarily action scenes. A Michigan woman, Sarah Deming, sued both FilmDistrict and Emagine Theaters located in Novi, Michigan in October 2011 alleging misleading advertising under the Michigan Consumer Protection Act ("MCPA"). Deming claimed the trailer depicted a race action film, similar to the Fast and the Furious film series, which she claimed the film was not, and also claimed significant anti-Semitic content not revealed in the trailer or marketing. Deming asked for statutory damages under the MCPA, asked for a warning regarding the anti-Semitic content, and asked that the case be certified as a class action. Defendants filed a motion to dismiss, asserting First Amendment privilege. Plaintiff countered that the First Amendment does not apply to subliminal content,[126] or misleading advertising. The trial Judge ruled that even if the movie contained the unexpected significant promotion of anti-Semitism, both overt and subliminal, such contents would not tend to mislead or deceive a consumer (pg. 25 of appeal).[127] The trial court decision has been appealed to the Michigan Court of Appeals and is awaiting oral arguments.[128]

"The infinite regress of definitions:
To know what it is that we believe, we must know the meanings of the words we use to express our belief. To know the meaning of a word is to be able to say what it means or to define it. But in defining a word we employ other words, which must be defined in their turn. What do you mean by 'puppy'? A puppy is a young dog. What do you mean by 'young' and 'dog'? And so on, ad infinitum. Since nobody can actually complete an infinite series of definitions, everybody must use words whose meanings they do not know because they have not defined them. And since all of our beliefs are expressed, in the last analysis, using words we have not defined, we never really know what it is that we believe!"
- Alan Musgrave

Not quite. It is possible to reach little loops at the end, such as word A defines word B, but we need word B to define word A (in practice it's going to be a much bigger circle than just 2 elements, and it'll be a network rather than a circle). It's infinite in the sense it's never-ending, but finite in the sense there's only finite information contained in this manner. Words like 'a', 'the', 'is' are kind of like this. But I think the conclusion is more or less intact.

• Like 1