The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

migraineur

Not So Express Post

So, I sent something to another member via Express Post on the 31st of November before the close of business and he says it still has not arrived yet.

Does anyone else have experiences like this? I'm wondering if the Qantas strike might've had an effect on cargo shipments or if they opened up the package.

Express post is fast, but I still don't think they've figured out how to send packages backwards in time.

Express post is fast, but I still don't think they've figured out how to send packages backwards in time.

lololololol

And yeh, it will probs rock up tomorrow. Ive had delay with "express" interstate before. I think your eligable for a refund if it takes a certain amount of time.

The one business day thing is only to the postcodes listed on the back of the bag. Other destinations can take a few days. If the postcode you are trying to send it to is one of the 1 business day guarantee ones then I think you can get some kind of compensation

The one business day thing is only to the postcodes listed on the back of the bag. Other destinations can take a few days. If the postcode you are trying to send it to is one of the 1 business day guarantee ones then I think you can get some kind of compensation

Not many people know this and aust post dont go out of there way to tell you

If you are sending from and to postcodes not listed you can add two days. All expess post should make it in three to four days max.

But we are talking about aust post. :blink:

Cheers

Got

I think I know why this happened to me. It's cos they're RACISTS!

Honestly, Aust post havent been THAT bad to me. I had an issue were i was getting less then 50% of my mail for a while .... :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: and getting countless items not for me. I complained two weeks later, all good.

Cmon mofos, you cant :bong: and work ...

We ordered mail redirection and it's getting fucked up again and again even after they've said they fixed it. It doesn't help when the guy who bought the house is a douche. Luckily an old neighbour is kind enough to hold onto the mail and take it off his hands.

I've found receiving and delivering packages is pretty good, but fuck me, have you had to wait in line at a post office lately!? What a bunch of lazy, thoroughly inefficient pricks they are. No shit I've had to wait in excess of 45 minutes for a line only 10 people long. Now I take something to read.

Ive never understood mail re-direction. Is that just for peeps that are to lazy to change there adress with there banks friends ect?

I think there's a lot of variability in the service you get at Australia Post. One place I go to has a wonderful guy working there and I never wait more than 2 minutes. Another place refused to sign a stat dec' for me, even though they are supposed to do this for people. I complained, and I think someone got into quite a bit of trouble over it. Yet another place is fully decked out with all kinds of local arts and crafts for sale, which is pretty awesome I think.

Rab, ya just made me kinda lol. :blush:

Dont know the Australian Post Offices but some of the german ones are a pain in the ass. In the past, our post office was inside a vegetable store and they guys were as far away from being pro´s as you can be. But they went out of business because people yelled at them all the time and i guess someone kicked their ass because they screwed something up. Also its a shitload of work for not so much money and i can understand that they didnt want to do that anymore. The new one is really awesome. Very friendly people and they also have a copy machine. High Tech Germany. :worship:

I once sent some documents via express mail and it was extremely expensive. Cant say it was that much faster so i wouldnt do it again.

I think there's a lot of variability in the service you get at Australia Post. One place I go to has a wonderful guy working there and I never wait more than 2 minutes. Another place refused to sign a stat dec' for me, even though they are supposed to do this for people. I complained, and I think someone got into quite a bit of trouble over it. Yet another place is fully decked out with all kinds of local arts and crafts for sale, which is pretty awesome I think.

Art? really all my local PO's are decked out with highly over priced pencils and HD digital recievers

once the full broadband internet network in australia is live, it will take only a few years to phase out the old Post Office as we know it. it will be fully privatised and most services available online or at big W. wait until the traffic network gets fully intergrated, number plate recognition and sat nav speeds will make traffic offences very hard to get away with.

the broadband network will be some fun times...and some not so.

In the past, our post office was inside a vegetable store

This is an issue we're having here too. A post office is no longer a post office. It's a bank, a DVD store, a giftshop, a newsagent etc. Every bloody thing.

got a thing for time travel aye H.G WellsianRab :P

i sent sumthing express from here to perth, put in post at night, was there next day at mates by 12pm/lunch time. Exact same postage, but reversed from him to me, well one never rocked up, dunno wat happened there... And another took 2 weeks to arrive... express.. I got a free 10 pack of express post packs from that :)

Maybe the postie delivered it to someone else. Someone 2 doors away could be sitting on an ethno pack wondering what the fuck it is :o

My postie is a dyslexic, retarded, incompetent fuckwit.One time I was out the front with my son and the postie came past and stopped, after looking through her bag she said "nothing for you today" and then she rode off. She got 2 doors down the road and turned around and came back to deliver a letter for someone on the other side of the road 9 numbers away from my address.

After the stupid bitch comes past it's common to see people walk to their letterbox and then walk somewhere else to drop mail off to the correct address when they find mail for someone else. Some people couldn't be fucked and just trash it.

got a thing for time travel aye H.G WellsianRab :P

Indeed I do, mate. It all stems from the time when I was twelve and I spent half a day five years in the past. Kept seeing people I knew when they were younger. I recognised them because I could remember what they looked like then but none of them recognised me as they had never seen me looking like a twelve year old... only like a seven year old.

It was weird, but I'm sure I somehow stepped through a vortex or something.

There had want to be some sort of delay with these dickheads because it is now upto 3 parcels that I have not received!! a $200 parcel from overseas just so happened to get "lost in customs" so auspost are saying, yet customs are telling me to take it up with an auspost supervisor at it's their fault and lost with them. The 2nd parcel I had just 50g of lions tail sent from QLD, the same day I had a pack of N. Tabaccum seeds sent also from QLD.. both standard post, I received the seeds within 3 working days but it has now been 8 or 9 days and I've still got nothing! Now the 3rd package ths morning.. that was express and it is now the 3rd business day.

I do not give a toss about their postage guidelines, I go by my own experiences. I have NEVER once received an express post satchel any later than the 2nd business day as I'm only JUST outside the next day zone surely it aint that fucking hard to deliver the parcel 30mins away from where it arrived to overnight, on the 2nd day. As with standard parcels/envelopes. I have only ever experienced items taking 3-4 business days within Aus.. Now the last 3 packages have strangely not arrived on time.

Is anyone else within WA having this problem too at the moment? I'm hoping they are just delayed with xmas coming, but once again even at chrissy time I've not ever experienced such delays/stupidity! I think it's about time I rung the Ombudsman and made a firm n formal complaint! This is fucking pathetic.. One of the parcels was for my fucking daughters birthday.. ordered it 4 days prior, with express!! So F**K their guidelines as now I've had to spend twice the amount on the item through Retail, rendering the parcel now useless as my daughter's bday has come n gone.. and for the past 7 or so years that I've used ebay and the likes, I've never had one express take longer than 2 days.. so they need to start sucking alot of C**K otherwise the complaints are going to pile up. I will be contacting and harrasing them daily until I am atleast compensated $50 for them losing close to $400 of mine!

C'mon 8am!! They are going to cop it!

I was working in WA in 2006 and had a couple of things go missing via Express Post from NSW. Basstids

Cut to last week, had a parcel go Express Post from Lismore to FNQ. Took 2 days

Maybe the postie delivered it to someone else. Someone 2 doors away could be sitting on an ethno pack wondering what the fuck it is :o

My postie is a dyslexic, retarded, incompetent fuckwit.One time I was out the front with my son and the postie came past and stopped, after looking through her bag she said "nothing for you today" and then she rode off. She got 2 doors down the road and turned around and came back to deliver a letter for someone on the other side of the road 9 numbers away from my address.

After the stupid bitch comes past it's common to see people walk to their letterbox and then walk somewhere else to drop mail off to the correct address when they find mail for someone else. Some people couldn't be fucked and just trash it.

I had that problem for a while. After i complained it got better though, i assume i wasnt the only complaint.

But for every letter that i should have rec i got 2 from various other streets and numbers ...