The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rabaelthazar

Some old doof

I've been clearing out some old stuff recently to make room for the new stuff that somehow finds its way into my house and takes precedence because my wife says it does.

One drawer has been filled with tapes for the last ten years even though I haven't had a tape deck for almost that long. Couldn't stand to just throw them away, so I borrowed a tape deck and have been transferring everything to digital format.

Thought I'd share a couple of tracks that I wrote back when my life consisted of partying, sleeping and playing with synths when I wasn't partying or sleeping.

I didn't have a computer at the time, so everything was done with an Akai MPC2000 and a bunch of synths. Recorded straight to tape deck, tweaks and all so please excuse the slightly dodgy quality.

The music's a bit dated, but it was a great time of my life and I thought I'd share a bit. If you dig it, there's about 6 old tracks up on my Soundcloud account.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by Rabaelthazar
  • Like 1

i'm not through listening but thanks for sharing your old creations.

the drums are a little sparse. not that you are looking to rework these tracks but that's what they lack from my POV. i am enjoying listening, i might edit to include more comments.

hells bells may not be putting your best foot forwards so potential listeners might wanna start elsewhere. it's boring compared to some of the others.

edit:

what?

dude there's a bunch of other cool tracks here, 24 tracks.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

Giving them a listen to. Nice stuff man... sounds good for cassette too.

What synths were you using?

Ive just completed putting together a x0xb0x.

Whoops, positised your post when trying to hit the multiquote button, Thunder.

Anyway, thanks for listening guys.

the drums are a little sparse. not that you are looking to rework these tracks but that's what they lack from my POV.

Yeah, unfortunately no chance of making any changes to them. I agree... if I could go back there's lots of things I'd change and percussion is probably the main thing.

hells bells may not be putting your best foot forwards so potential listeners might wanna start elsewhere. it's boring compared to some of the others.

Fair call... at the time I wrote it I don't think I rated Hells Bells that highly, but it was actually one of the ones I most enjoyed listening to ten years after the fact.

dude there's a bunch of other cool tracks here, 24 tracks.

Yeah, the rest of the stuff is more recent. The ones prefaced with Rabalthazar 99 are the oldies.

Giving them a listen to. Nice stuff man... sounds good for cassette too.

What synths were you using?

Thanks mate. There's a fair bit of hiss and tape flutter but I'm ok with that. The set up I had was Akai MPC2000 doing drums and samples, synths were a Yamaha AN1X, a Future Retro 777, a Waldorf Micro Q, a Roland 202 (although not sure that featured in any of the tracks on here), and a Roland JV Sound module.

Ive just completed putting together a x0xb0x.

Man the x0xb0x looks awesome. I haven't had a chance to hear one in the flesh but read a review a few months back and I did produce a little extra saliva at the time.

Whatever you do, hang on to it. I sold my Future Retro at a time when I was desperate for cash and soon after it was announced that no more units would be made. I'll probably never see one again and it was possibly the most awesome synth I ever owned. Quite possibly my greatest regret in life. :BANGHEAD2:

Thanks again, guys. Appreciate the comments.