The Corroboree
bogfrog

smoking mixtures

hey all, i am just wondering what plants are nice for smoking mixtures,

my partner and i have stopped smoking MJ and have found a major part of the addiction was just the act of smoking something.

we have tried some blue lotus, kanna and peppermint.

i was just out in the garden looking for other possible candidates, but i was wondering if anyone here had anything in particular that they really liked?

another thing i thought i should ask about too, is are there any plants that i should be avoiding altogether that are toxic or carcinogenic,

as i sometimes tend to be a bit haphazard and would try any random herb that smelt nice.

When I was doing the same thing I used to smoke Calea Z. Not only did I find it made me tired (not a placebo), but eventually I just got sick of smoking entirely (well, almost entirely). I really like how it makes giant clouds of white, strong, smoke, and is not harsh at all.

Leonotis I found to be far too harsh and to actually be kind of weak. I couldn't tell if it was doing anything, or I was just not getting enough oxygen.

Search for Apothecary's smoking mixes thread. That will keep you occupied for some time, wealth of knowledge in that thread.

• Like 2

Leonotis I found to be far too harsh and to actually be kind of weak. I couldn't tell if it was doing anything, or I was just not getting enough oxygen.

Idd agree on all points!

Catnip is surprisingly awesome. My smoking mix has over 20 herbs in it though, some of wich id have no chance of recalling. I add hops to all my mixes though, either an extract or flowers.

Also smoking blue lotus is pointless ive found. Although an alcho extract onto damiana (even a week one) seems to have some effects (or at least i reckon it does)

awesome thanks very much for your replies :)

will chuck some hops in the mix, have some dried flowers i brought from a health food shop for tea but found it waay too bittter for my liking

yeah the blue lotus hasnt won me over but has certainly helped for the placebo effect that atleast i'm smoking something

would love to try an extract though.

and would love to try some calea but i havent had any luck germinating the seeds i got, do you know if it can be brought anywhere in nz blunt?

i just collected some lemon balm, pineapple sage, wormwood and peppermint

I use hops in my Tea's, wich is quite effective. But you have to have the mix right or it will as you mentioned taste like :puke:

I bought mine from alphaware, which has since closed down. :/

I think I probably still have some though, which if I find (it's not at my flat) - I'll send ya. :)

that would be lovely :blush:

datura or brugs make for good mj spin . okay on their own also . not at all dangerous like drinking it .

abandoned

Edited by dworx

DIED ???!! this has really shocked me . do you know if they were smoking seed ? I've only smoked foliage or bark scraping . I honestly feel the leaf is OK - but this is NOT an endorsement for others to do likewise . Tiny steps obviously are the way to experiment .

Iboga leaf makes a nice mull mix. :wink:

are there any plants that i should be avoiding altogether that are toxic or carcinogenic, .

TOBACCO!

LALALALALALAL

can't believe nobody beat me to it...

Edited by frank
  • Like 1

^^ Ha ha!! True. Too expensive and does nothing for you.

If only it didn't taste so good with a beer.

atlas also had a good thread on changa mixes which alot corresponded to various smoking mixes, ill try link it in if need be.

didnt like damiana at all, grabbed a commercial smoking mix from JV ages back which was mainly dam + i think mug, feels like inhaling but without exhaling, you know sometimes you try to relieve ones self by hobby or book or tv...whatever but nothing at all felt like that exhale. no relief (pardon the sexual pun).

personally im very interested in leaf from caapi alone in itself, i love the fact many have commented that it ads a certain degree of telepathy but yet to be really proven mainsteam which is cool for cats. never tried khat dried and smoked and certainly dont see the point when you may as well just crush, suck and ingest those beautiful life giving juices and then swallow the young shoots for an experience which is sublime.

This is not entirely true in small amounts it can be safe, but i know of at least one person who died smoking brug. Standardise and build up , dont start big.

this seems highly unlikely, even orally the amount needed to kill is too high and you would be sick or space out before ingesting enough to die?

t s t .

heimia tips or passiflora capularis flowers ,properly prepared......

t s t .

abandoned

Edited by dworx

abandoned

Edited by dworx

Yeah know your limit, I was smoking brug leaf a bit for a few weeks and before I knew it three days turned in to one,

There was a week where my cousin had come and visit, I had a minimum of 7 missed calls when I woke up in the morning and I couldn't see very well if I was out in the sun, much too bright for my constricted pupils - almost like tunnel vision.

I'm not doubting you dworx, I thought it was safe at the time but things like this i believe could and do happen. be safe