The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rabelais

Amazon with Bruce Parry - SBS

Starts 7:30 on SBS1

Looks like some serious purging going on judging by the preview. :devil:

haha I seen the add on tv last night and added it to my desktop notepad

ow is there an online version?

Is that from the "Tribe" series ? I love that shit. Pirates can also lookout for the American-badged version titled "Going Tribal"

Or maybe this is a new program ?

drinking ayahuasca

I saw the Ayahuasca Episode this week with my girlfriend and we surprisingly enjoyed it a lot. It was nice switching to the National Geographic Channel and find a doco about the Amazon and the plants and brews. Will try to see some of the other Episodes too. There are more than one, right?

Thanks for letting me know, Psylo. Cant believe i missed that show. Will look them up now. But the peruvian football game was kinda weird. :lol:

yeah without spoiling, let me say in a few of the episodes he sees some of what the amazon jungle has to offer. plus its all shot in wonderful HD.

Just watched the last 15 minutes of the Bruce Parry show. It was surprisingly good. He seems like a real open and free thinking fellow, without any bullshit (at least as far as tv presenters go). Full show here: http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/2156167721/Amazon-With-Bruce-Parry-Ep-2

Just finished watching that show, it was excellent. In the second ayahuasca ceremony on the show the shaman added datura! Of all things... :scratchhead:

In Tribe (aka Going Tribal) he also does ayahuasca, psychoactive snuff, frog poison.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribe_%28TV_series%29

Iboga aswell, with the Babongo.

I've seen all the Tribe episodes, have got the box set luckily, although I haven't yet seen this series of his.Have been wanting to for ages, so thanks!

The Tribe series is where I first got any interest of entheogens actually

Edited by Wameron36

yeah without spoiling, let me say in a few of the episodes he sees some of what the amazon jungle has to offer. plus its all shot in wonderful HD.

So are you saying poor old Brucey finally comes to grips with his ego & actually gets somewhere? I'm sure in the Iboga episode he spent the whole time fighting it, just like in last nights but at least he saw a snake. I was pretty impressed my 1st time - it sure wasn't no brown snake! :lol:

poor bruce, he really does seem to have a thing with failed ethno trips. I'm not surprised the first ayahuasca got him nowhere, but the second, should have been amazing, but his ego is just way too strong. Sometimes trips that are stronger are paradoxically easier to deal with, he obviously should of had another cup.

And what's the deal with that wagyu stuff they drink every morning to purge themselves with? Some sort of strychnine-containing plant? Does anyone know what this is?

And what's the deal with that wagyu stuff they drink every morning to purge themselves with? Some sort of strychnine-containing plant? Does anyone know what this is?

Ilex guayusa

interesting that in that link they say that the emetic effects have no basis in pharmacology and are culturally learnt. Bruce Parry I don't think would agree.

The other plant of interest on the show. :lol:

"Wakrapona" AKA "spinster's delight"

post-608-0-49988000-1319435950_thumb.jpg

The locals call this tree "wakrapona". They believe that if a certain male organ is of inadequate length, cutting a piece (by the desired length) of this fruit helps the organ grow bigger. Too bad nobody told us about it while we were there.