The Corroboree

Damn it, I could have been quite happy to believe that 'Hulk's dick' was not a bridgesii! Yet another amazing cultivar that's unlikely to ever turn up in Aus.

How thick is that zelly? Is it a slow grower?

Edit: Also, how does it differ from TBM clone A?

This is what the one off the Shroomery looks like:

post-6300-0-60032000-1320386584_thumb.jp

post-6300-0-98194800-1320386647_thumb.jp

Very much like that L. schottii cultivar.

hd.jpg

260510386-the_hulks_dick03.jpg

hd.jpg

260510386-the_hulks_dick03.jpg

Edited by tripsis

Good God, does that guy really have to hold that thing like that? That's wrong.

• Like 5

Pretty sure thats the Hulk Dick plant. Thanks for finally ruling it out as not a Bridgesii. I grew one of them years ago but wasnt aware its a Lophocereus monstrose. I bought it at the oldest german cactus nursery, kakteen haage, as TBM.

hi evil genius what do you think about this??

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31115&hl=&fromsearch=1

Nature Healer, as Gunter said, looks like you've got the clone 'B' which offsets every 10 - 20 cm clumping into a bush-like form. Clone 'A' is supposed to be the non-hulk 'penis plant' that's not as thick and has longer columns with non-distinct ribs before offsetting. Both clones have smooth and spiny sections.

Edited by Mr. Bowser

That hulk's dick looks to me just like a mature, healthy TBM-A - that sort of girth is not too unusual IME.. You know though, I had one sent to me one time that was fatter than any TBM-A I'd seen - not the same strain though - it may well have been that other genus entirely..

Edited by Mod: No Discussion about Potency please!

Edited by Evil Genius

Here's my TBM-A - photo taken a couple years ago - I have since pruned it back substantially.. For it's own good of course..

This is marginally smaller in girth than the plant I mentioned above - but it's still quite fat..

June13th2009Collection007.jpg

• Like 10

oh wow any one willing to trade a hulk dick pls pls just small cutting maybe

Here's my TBM-A - photo taken a couple years ago - I have since pruned it back substantially.. For it's own good of course..

This is marginally smaller in girth than the plant I mentioned above - but it's still quite fat..

a>

I have penus envy.

• Like 2

I have a bridgesii seedling that looks like it could be monstrose. It's smaller than all the others and it hasn't developed much in the way of spines.

It's a bit early to say it's monstrose as it's so small.

I'll get some pics up soon.

Here's the suspect it came up at about the same time as all the others it just hasn't developed the same.

• Like 1

Here's the suspect it came up at about the same time as all the others it just hasn't developed the same.

I planted quite a few bridgesii, pachanoi and peruvianus seeds in the last year. I had several bridgesii start out like yours and a couple of the others start growing in a deformed way. Of them all, there is only one bridgesii left which is still growing differently. The rest started growing normally after summer started and the sunlight intensified.

Edited by neomad

Yeah it's too early to say that it is monstrose.

Have you got any pics of the one that did turn out different to the rest ?

Is that one in the top pic yours JD ?

Edited by SallyD

I love them sooo much.

I'm leaving Australia to be with them.

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone has had a crack at smuggling one of those in down their pants.

It would make an interesting conversation if they got frisked.

What's that in your pants

My penis

Why is it so hard

Because you're fondling it

• Like 6

Wow, that's a serious TBM-A farm there Jonny! Beautiful..

That one on the bottom is a TPM though - T peruvianus or pachanoi monstrosa

Have you got any pics of the one that did turn out different to the rest ?

It's still really tiny, so I'm guessing there's a chance it'll still turn out normal.

Here you go:

gallery_10576_474_166607.jpg

Edited by neomad

That's got some funkiness going on, I've never seen a segmented Trich that young. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

It looks like it terminated growth at the apical meristem and later threw a pup.

Edited by SallyD

I've got some Ecuadorian pachanoi x N1 and the reverse seedlings which terminated and then threw pups - strange looking things - the top of these seedlings terminated in a round/globe shape - smooth with no spines or areoles, and then put out a pup or two lower down on the column - the pups look perfectly normal. I believe they terminated due to some sort of bug or other environmental hardship..

Anyhow, the pic above doesn't look quite like that - and hopefully it will turn out to be a freak!

Edited by nitrogen